+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion over R10 for BOWP.

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
I checked the cic website. Here is what is stated:
" Applications are assessed for completeness upfront. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected [R10] and fees should be refunded to the applicant.
The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). The six-month processing standard ends when Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) makes a final decision on the application."
It sounds that R10 means "rejection". I understand now that applicants will not receive AOR immediately, which indicates that Cic will check the application documents first before issuing an AOR. If one doesn't receive R10 but an AOR, it should be Okay to apply for Bowp.
Am I wrong or right?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
cindy2006 said:
" Applications are assessed for completeness upfront. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected [R10] and fees should be refunded to the applicant.
The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). The six-month processing standard ends when Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) makes a final decision on the application."
It sounds that R10 means "rejection". I understand now that applicants will not receive AOR immediately, which indicates that Cic will check the application documents first before issuing an AOR. If one doesn't receive R10 but an AOR, it should be Okay to apply for Bowp.
Am I wrong or right?
Hi,
have you read this? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
It seems to me the AOR is not sufficient enough when applying for the BOWP under EE

mnikolas

Mar 4, 2016
cindy2006 said:
Am I wrong or right?
Hi there

I don't know whether I have recieved this R10 check! It's been more than 7 months since I submited my PR application through express entry. I have received a few updates asking for new documents (last one was more than 3 months ago). Thanks!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
cindy2006 said:
Am I wrong or right?
R10 doesn't mean "rejection". R10 is a section in "Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations" which sets the rules for completeness check.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-10.html

rottenapple

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
GP
Category........
NOC Code......
NOC 6242
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF/ Oct. 05,2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Aug. 09,'16
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
DONE
Med's Done....
16-08-2016/PASSED
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Passport Req..
JANUARY 04,2017
VISA ISSUED...
JAN.20,2017/ Immigrant visa n COPR issued
LANDED..........
Feb.01,2017
mnikolas said:
Hi there

I don't know whether I have recieved this R10 check! It's been more than 7 months since I submited my PR application through express entry. I have received a few updates asking for new documents (last one was more than 3 months ago). Thanks!
What category in EE? FSW, SKILLED TRADE OR CEC? 7 months is too much for the applicant if you are in the EE. Some August AOR / FSW under EE received their PPR just this month..

aussiegirl16

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually R10 passes (it's the first completeness/eligibility check and basically means you submitted everything required) within the first few month or two. They won't tell you it's happened unless you order your GCMS notes and see it that way. Or if you haven't paid your PR fee upfront, this payment request means that R10 has passed.
Your AOR is all you need to apply for BOWP, there's no second one. CIC will just hold onto your BOWP application until R10 passes anyway, so once BOWP is approved, you also know the R10 was passed.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cindy2006 said:
It sounds that R10 means "rejection".

R10 refers to the completeness check. If your application is deemed incomplete, it is "rejected" as incomplete without being assessed. If your application is deemed complete and put into processing, then the BOWP application can be finalized. Now your PR application is assessed, if found eligible you will be approved, if found not eligible, you will be "refused."

"rejected" = incomplete
"refused" = not eligible

I understand now that applicants will not receive AOR immediately, which indicates that Cic will check the application documents first before issuing an AOR. If one doesn't receive R10 but an AOR, it should be Okay to apply for Bowp.

After you submit your e-APR, you will receive an electronic Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR), usually within 24 hours. Once you have this email, you can submit your BOWP application.

However, your BOWP application cannot be approved before the R10 completeness check is passed and your application is put into processing.

kk1988

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your case should be already pass r10 check. since you already wait for 7 month. usually if you do not pass r10 check, you will notice within 3-4 month.
r10 check just to check if all your docs are completed and quailify. you can log in your account to check your progress,
if they are doing back ground check section(which is the last section before decision made, means you already pass r10 check)
i mean if your r10 check fail, they dont bother to do background check.