confusion after receiving visa about addition of new born baby

mogliboy04

Apr 10, 2012
File submitted: 20 May, 2011
medical Received: 18 November
Received Visa: 27 December, 2011
Category: Federal Skilled worker

Dear Sir,

I received the PR visa on 27 December, 2011. Me and my wife's name was there when we submitted the file. After the completion of medical checkup, a baby boy born in my family.

My question are:
(1) Which documents to be submitted to the embassy for the baby's visa ? (I have mailed about this change in my family to the embassy, & i got the following mail from the embassy, attached, at last)
(2) My passport is going to expire after 5 months. I am preparing to land in canada in next month. What should i do now ? reissue passport here or after entering canada ?

I am bit confused as i have mentioned all these details to the embassy, but after receiving their email reply, i am confused about what to do ?

Here is their reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

If you have modified your personal information after the issuance of a visa, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- a processing fee of $30 CAD for re-issuance of previously issued visas for each family member
- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

For applicants other than Family Class cases, if you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse's and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants
- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas will be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information.

Kindly guide me regarding this.....

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
VO has asked for generic docs which is applicable to either adding a spouse or a child.

1. The first set of docs are all required. For the second set of docs, as it is a case of adding of a child and not a spouse, PCC for spouse, marriage cert, experience and edu certs for spouse, wedding pics, RPRF for spouse are not applicable here. You will need to pay a processing fee of CAD 150 for your baby.

2. As one cannot foretell how long it will take to issue MR for your baby and subsequently re-issue PR for you, renewing your passport now may be a good idea. This is bcos you wouldnt want to be told that your passport has less than 6 months validity at the end, thus the need for a new one. In any case baby would need to do meds before the visa, so you might want to send all the docs requested and inform them about your passport renewal. I doubt the feasibility of your landing plans next month.
It's not as complicated as it seems. My two cents.
All the best!
*Mandie*

mogliboy04

Apr 10, 2012
Dear Sir,

Is there any possibility that they can reject my baby's visa ? the baby born after we received visa and baby is now of 3 months age.

Is there any possibility that they can reject reissue of my visa ?

Regards..

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mogliboy04 said:
Dear Sir,

Is there any possibility that they can reject my baby's visa ? the baby born after we received visa and baby is now of 3 months age.

Is there any possibility that they can reject reissue of my visa ?

Regards..
Hellooooo, VO has requested for documents for them to issue your baby the visa! You should send the documents requested ASAP!!!
Just follow VO instructions and you and your baby will be fine....
*Mandie*

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Hello my friend.
What if I tell you they will reject the whole application will that make you happy? But do what Mandie said and you will be fine.

Do all that they are requesting you to submit.

Your baby will only be identified in the A part of the Med. And the Medical History of the B part. No Urine, blood or x-ray. Please go ahead and do the update ASAP

scorpion30

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-06-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2011
Med's Request
01-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-02-2012
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
SENT WITH MED
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2012
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
Hello Mogliboy....have you eceived your VISa...pls share your timelines... as i am going through similar situation........

mogliboy04

Apr 10, 2012
Hello Scorpion,

I received my visa for all family members, 2 weeks before.

I sent all the passports to the embassy in the month of June, and received baby's medical request in September. (They took this time, i think they might be busy with the Sept. intake student visa cases).

Hope this might help you.

luqi

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London<br/>[color=#CC9900][b]NOC code:................2147[/b][/color]<br/>IELTS:....: sent with application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]03-07-2013[/b]<br/>[color=yellowgreen][b]Fee charged.........: 23-09-2013 [/b][/color]<br/>[color=green][b]PER Received.......: 24-09-2013[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#C46767][b]Processing Started:21-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>[color=#4E1D1D][b]Docs Request: 28-01-2014[/b][/color]<br/>
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
01-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2016
LANDED..........
[b][color=#800000]Landed 18th April 2016[/color][/b]
How much time will it take to re issue the visa?