24-sep-2012
AOR Received.
25-oct-2012
Interview........
3-april-2013 canceled
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING
Hey everybody

I am moroccan nationality came to study in Canada and I have been in Canada for 4 years now , I met my wife 3 years ago and we got married 9 months ago , we have big wedding with all family attending and now we both living in Canada ,, I applied for Permenant Resident on September and she got approved for sponsoring, and in 4th of March I recieved aan Email telling me that they are ready to issue my PR and i have appointment on 3th of APRIL in Morocco. due to my hard financial situation in that time I asked them if I can send my passport to them to print the VISA in or they can send me the PR by mail " like may people i know here did " .
they sent me another email saying that i am not allowed to send my passport but they can reschedule it for me ,, so after a day i made decision to go anyway on 3th of april ,, and then just minutes before me buying the tickets ,,i recieved another email from them ,, Saying that they canceled the appointment and they will contact me as soon as my file is finalized ,,
now i dn't understand if they were ready to issue the PR and they gave the appointment ,,how comes that my file isnt finalized yet ?? and is that means they have changed their mind or what ??

any help regarding this matter will be very appreciated

thank you

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
assuming that this isn't something specific to the moroccan embassy, but i think your file wasn't complete yet and they had questions or concerns and that is why they called you for an interview.

having applied outland, there was always a chance that they would call you for an interview in Morrocco and that the interview would not take place in canada. since you are ready to go for the third of april, i would write them back that you have already made arrangements to travel to morroco and will be there for the 3rd and if possible to still have the interview take place as initially scheduled. who knows how much of a delay will be added to reschedule the interview, or worst yet they finalize the case without the interview and you don't get a chance to clarify any concerns the VO has about your file. also order your GCMS notes ASAP, find out why they where calling you for an interview to begin with.

nabilb

Mar 15, 2013
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-sep-2012
AOR Received.
25-oct-2012
Interview........
3-april-2013 canceled
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING
thank you for the quick reply ,, do i show up there even though they canceled my appointment ?? how much time it takes to the GCMS notes .. and from where i can order them ?
thanks

Reflectoman

Jan 4, 2013
Laval
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Wife)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
(Stage 1 + Stage 2)=23 months
Here is the link to get the forms and the step to order the GCMS notes, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Here is how you can read the notes once you get them, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-interpret-gcms-notes-t82594.0.html

I wouldn't suggest travel to morroco without confirmation that the interview is still happening, or else they will refuse you and may have rescheduled for may and ask that you be present in may. so tell them you are good to go for april, and get confirmation that the interview will still take place as initially requested.

GCMS notes take about 30 days to arrive by email, so order them now while you wait on the response from the embassy, in case the interview is rescheduled for a later date.

hello888

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are not sure try calling them or email or fax.....whats the point going there if there is no interview. Confirm with them or just wait until they get back to you as they suggest in the email you mentioned.

nabilb

Mar 15, 2013
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-sep-2012
AOR Received.
25-oct-2012
Interview........
3-april-2013 canceled
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING
I agree ,, I cant just go paying almost 2000$ for ticket and end up asked to reschedule it to may or something ,, i will wait their answer .. but what does finalizing file ,, means ,, is it bad ?? or good ? and what confuse me how to they said they gonna issue PR for me in the appointment and they will let me sit and watch a video for 50 min about life in Canada then a day after the canceled the appointment in urpose of finalizing the file

nabilb

Mar 15, 2013
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-sep-2012
AOR Received.
25-oct-2012
Interview........
3-april-2013 canceled
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING
I tried before ,, either they don't answer the phone and if anyone did ,, they transfer me to a different department where i can just leave a voice mail which i already did ,, and nothing since then

nabilb

Mar 15, 2013
Visa Office......
rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-sep-2012
AOR Received.
25-oct-2012
Interview........
3-april-2013 canceled
VISA ISSUED...
STILL WAITING
any one has an idea what might is going on there ??

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
nabilb said:
any one has an idea what might is going on there ??
They tend to ignore direct calls (ALL CIC offices do) so I would send a case specific inquiry e-mail.