+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concordia university

Apr 5, 2011
Concordia university

Dear enfield well thanks so much may god bless you, dude i have got my degree from affiliated college so will i have to take my official transcript from my college or the awarding body's university. please help me out

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
061283 said:
Dear enfield well thanks so much may god bless you, dude i have got my degree from affiliated college so will i have to take my official transcript from my college or the awarding body's university. please help me out
Hi,

Nothing is valid on part of your affiliated college. Transcript and attested degree certificate must be issued by your University office.

Apr 5, 2011
ok i got it well as it is written there on quebec that you can apply for pr in canada after completion of six month of your program but you should know the oral french language. however do you think that should i learn french from my home country or will i have to study over there so in that way i could apply for pr .

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
061283 said:
ok i got it well as it is written there on quebec that you can apply for pr in canada after completion of six month of your program but you should know the oral french language. however do you think that should i learn french from my home country or will i have to study over there so in that way i could apply for pr .
Hi,

You have only 12 months under GDBA program. Good part is that it's a 4 or 5 day/week course, which means you will get enough time to learn other stuff.

but again it's only 12 month so it's better to learn in advance (as much as possible). Just google it, you will find many website offering french learning for free.

Your first lesson starts here.... "bonjour" - it's a french word, means hello ! :)

Anyway, apply as early as possible for GBDA.

1. 2 months for final admission decision by the John Molson School.

2. Again, 2 months for CAQ.

Apr 5, 2011
ok thanks dear you are such kind person, one last question is that do you think if my tuition fee is 20,000 c$ and i am submitting 10,000 c$ will i be able to cover my 10,000 c$ from there working as a part time job

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
061283 said:
ok thanks dear you are such kind person, one last question is that do you think if my tuition fee is 20,000 c$ and i am submitting 10,000 c$ will i be able to cover my 10,000 c$ from there working as a part time job
Hi,

Absolutely NOT !

It’s just impossible to make and save CAD 10,000 by means of part time jobs. In your case you shall get only 6 months of part time work opportunity.

Apr 5, 2011
Concordia university

can anyone tell what is the cheapest way to pay application fee and as university asked me to send your documents directly from your previous institute. As i studied in affiliated college throughout my studies and got my degree from another university. Therefore, do i have to contact my affiliated college or the university which is awarding body

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
@ 061283

There are much better options if you want to enroll in PGD course.
I suggest you should try University of Regina in Saskatchewan
They are offering many different business Master Certificate's, the duration is one year and the best thing is you can transfer your credit in to master degree's if you want after one year and there are no advance fee's requirement.

Also you can apply for NNP after any 1 YR master course.

The only problem is their selection criteria, since its competitive so make sure you submit GMAT and IELTS with good score for better standing, also note that they do accept applications without GMAT and IELTS but do not give admissions without them, lot of other students made this mistake and wasted their admission fee's.

Apr 5, 2011
Thanks fahad but dear i dont wanna do ielts and gmat, because i am doing a job so its really tough for me to get prepare for that, while GDBA in concordia they dont ask for IELTS from you and you can apply after six month for PR if you know intermediate level of French language. So dear i would suggest to you if we both apply for concordia how it would be ?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
061283 said:
Thanks fahad but dear i dont wanna do ielts and gmat, because i am doing a job so its really tough for me to get prepare for that, while GDBA in concordia they dont ask for IELTS from you and you can apply after six month for PR if you know intermediate level of French language. So dear i would suggest to you if we both apply for concordia how it would be ?
Hi,

IELTS is MUST for GDBA. It's 6.5 overall with no band less thn 6.0

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
@ 061283

I advise you to complete your GMAT and IELTS first and then try for admissions, you see giving these tests is very beneficial in the long run, especially when you are considering this huge investment in your studies.

You can apply for scholarship if you have good score in GMAT, one member of this forum scored 8 bands in IELTS and received around 20000 CAD scholarship in Carleton University, also in this forum many members receive scholarships in different programs.

I don't understand why people wanna avoid it, these tests can open many new path ways, also if someone can't even pass these small tests how can they expect to study in a foreign university where the pressure is ten times more.

Don't expect that you will be welcomed in Canada with flowers, always keep in mind that what awaits you is a long and thorny path, the weather is hash and the language and culture is different on top of that you need to manage part time jobs along with studies compared to PAKISTAN & INDIA where you get home made food and spend your times in sunny days along with your family and friends, if you can't even manage studies in you own turf with all these facilities how can you expect to do advance level courses in Canada where you will be on your own.

So prepare your self while you still can, don't waste opportunities, try to get good score in GMAT & IELTS, it will greatly increase your chance to get bursaries and scholarships offered by many universities, which can greatly help you in lightening up your financial burden.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahad83 said:
@ 061283

I advise you to complete your GMAT and IELTS fist and then try for admissions, you see giving these tests is very beneficial in the long run, especially when you are considering this huge investment in your studies.

You can apply for scholarship if you have good score in GMAT, one member of this forum scored 8 bands in IELTS and scored around 20000 CAD scholarship in Carleton University.

I don't understand why people wanna avoid it, these tests can open many new path ways, also if someone can't even pass these small tests how can they expect to study in a foreign university where the pressure is ten times more.

Don't expect that you will be welcomed in Canada with flowers, always keep in mind that what awaits you their is a long and thorny path, the weather is hash and the language and culture is different on top of that you need to manage part time jobs along with studies.

So prepare your self while you still can, don't waste opportunities, try to get good score in GMAT it will greatly increase your change to get bursaries and scholarships offered by many universities.
Hi,

Very good post. +1 for you

Apr 5, 2011
well i have just confirmed from university they are saying if you have done your degree in english even from pakistan then there is no need for ielts or toefl

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
061283 said:
well i have just confirmed from university they are saying if you have done your degree in english even from pakistan then there is no need for ielts or toefl
Hi,

I think you are missing something serious. IELTS is must for GDBA program.

I quote;

“International Admission Requirements

Requirements for Admission

• A bachelor's degree* in any discipline with a minimum GPA of 2.7 (B-, 70%). (Transcripts will be converted to and evaluated according to the Canadian grading system.) *Total education should equal 16 years, including the bachelor's degree accepted as equivalent by the Council for Graduate Studies
• Two letters of reference
• Statement of purpose
• Current résumé
• International students who have not completed a previous degree in English or French must pass one of the following:
o TOEFL score for international students – minimum 600 (WT), 250 (CBT) or 80 (iBT)
o IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 7.0

Source: http://johnmolson.concordia.ca/en/graduate-programs/graduate-diploma-administration/admissions