+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerns Regarding EE ITA

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi,

I've created an EE profile, got a score of 869 and met the criteria for the CEC program.
On a later date I received my ECA report (4 years - BA), updated my profile accordingly, got a score of 1007 and met the criteria for Federal Skilled Worker program as well.

To apply through the Federal Skilled Worker program I will need references from all my employers for the past 10 years which will be difficult to collect, and I have real concern regarding being able to collect all or even half of it as some of the companies don't even operate any more and are in a different country.

When applying through the CEC, I need only a reference letter from my current employer which I am working for right now.

My question is, should I remove education or other criteria which will make me NOT qualified for the FSW Program and hope for the best with CEC or they won't necessary require all references when I apply through FSW? Is it a different on-line application than the regular CEC and FSW and might not require same documents after receiving an ITA?

Please help before it's too late.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cosgrec said:
Hi,

I've created an EE profile, got a score of 869 and met the criteria for the CEC program.
On a later date I received my ECA report (4 years - BA), updated my profile accordingly, got a score of 1007 and met the criteria for Federal Skilled Worker program as well.

To apply through the Federal Skilled Worker program I will need references from all my employers for the past 10 years which will be difficult to collect, and I have real concern regarding being able to collect all or even half of it as some of the companies don't even operate any more and are in a different country.

When applying through the CEC, I need only a reference letter from my current employer which I am working for right now.

My question is, should I remove education or other criteria which will make me NOT qualified for the FSW Program and hope for the best with CEC or they won't necessary require all references when I apply through FSW? Is it a different on-line application than the regular CEC and FSW and might not require same documents after receiving an ITA?

Same problem here, I Believe nobody knows what to do, things will be cleared after 1st draw...

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Later in the stage, you'll be asked to fill out a background declaration form where you have to tell them what you did in the past 10 years.
You may not claim points for it, but you gotta declare it anyways.
Either you keep it in your profile or remove, it sounds like misrepresentation. I would rather suggest you contact an experienced immigration lawyer in Canada for help and not just rely on forum verdicts for such important matters.

hope that helps!

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
the_lion said:
Later in the stage, you'll be asked to fill out a background declaration form where you have to tell them what you did in the past 10 years.
You may not claim points for it, but you gotta declare it anyways.
Either you keep it in your profile or remove, it sounds like misrepresentation. I would rather suggest you contact an experienced immigration lawyer in Canada for help and not just rely on forum verdicts for such important matters.

hope that helps!
It does help a bit... Thank you. I had very bad experience with immigration layers. I trust people that understand/experienced the situation than a a busy expensive lawyer that claims she/he knows everything regarding a program that the government just launched.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cosgrec said:
It does help a bit... Thank you. I had very bad experience with immigration layers. I trust people that understand/experienced the situation than a a busy expensive lawyer that claims she/he knows everything regarding a program that the government just launched.
If you are in Canada then probably you are on work permit visa
So while applying for work permit visa from your home country,did you provided the information about your past employers if yes then not declaring those employments in express entry i believe will be misrepresentation, Because cic might have your information in their system through UCI number.

julligan

Jan 2, 2015
Hi, I think that if you are going to have difficulties in obtaining the reference letters from previous employers, you should not claim that points but only the points thhat you can support with documentation.

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
chevy said:
If you are in Canada then probably you are on work permit visa
So while applying for work permit visa from your home country,did you provided the information about your past employers if yes then not declaring those employments in express entry i believe will be misrepresentation, Because cic might have your information in their system through UCI number.
Nope.. Never provided employer information from the past. Only when applying for PNP for Alberta which is not related to the CIC until/if I'll get nomination. Regardless, I will provide all employer names but if I won't qualify for FSW(without specifying education for example), I won't need to get references.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cosgrec said:
Nope.. Never provided employer information from the past. Only when applying for PNP for Alberta which is not related to the CIC until/if I'll get nomination. Regardless, I will provide all employer names but if I won't qualify for FSW(without specifying education for example), I won't need to get references.
Then don't claim points for that....

Maple_Leafs

Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cosgrec said:
Hi,

Cosgrec,

I would say, that you should declare your previous work experience.

- Not so much to get additional points, but to adhere to the terms and conditions of CIC Express Entry, which clearly states that you must be authentic on your Express Entry profile. Otherwise, you could be barred for PR application for next 5 years.

- Now, when you file your PR Application, and CIC request documentation; you can provide a written letter with an acceptable explanation, stating that you were unable to receive employment letter. Then its on them to decide, whether to proceed or do more investigation. But, then they can't ban you for providing false information.

- Additionally, CIC have your previous work experience, from the time when you came to Canada, or applied for Visa.

Think twice, before you make a move!

Good Luck,

cosgrec

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Maple_Leafs said:
Cosgrec,

- Not so much to get additional points, but to adhere to the terms and conditions of CIC Express Entry, which clearly states that you must be authentic on your Express Entry profile. Otherwise, you could be barred for PR application for next 5 years.

- Now, when you file your PR Application, and CIC request documentation; you can provide a written letter with an acceptable explanation, stating that you were unable to receive employment letter. Then its on them to decide, whether to proceed or do more investigation. But, then they can't ban you for providing false information.

- Additionally, CIC have your previous work experience, from the time when you came to Canada, or applied for Visa.

Good Luck,
You right. I will work hard for the references and hopefully I will obtain all. If not, I will write a letter and explain why.

Thanks!

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maple_Leafs said:
Cosgrec,

Good Luck,
Absolutely right....+ 1.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
cosgrec said:
You right. I will work hard for the references and hopefully I will obtain all. If not, I will write a letter and explain why.

Thanks!
Just rightfully fill the forms. Obtaining the reference letters is not the sole criteria, you can give tax forms or hiring letter too to prove that you were working. But don't hide anything. There are lots of people who cannot obtain reference letters.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
One thing to note as well is that with EE, I'm fully expecting that people issued ITAs via CEC will also have to provide foreign experience reference letters.

Essentially you should have to prove everything you have received points for in the CRS, regardless of which program you are eligible for. Otherwise anyone could make up how much foreign experience they have and gain illegitimate point advantages.

shail2054

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-15
AOR Received.
04-07-15
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
Passport Req..
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxx
LANDED..........
xxxxx
EEKnowledge said:
Just rightfully fill the forms. Obtaining the reference letters is not the sole criteria, you can give tax forms or hiring letter too to prove that you were working. But don't hide anything. There are lots of people who cannot obtain reference letters.
It's very difficult to anyone to get reference letter from previous companies but you can use your offer letter and experience letters to convince cic that you work for them . Few of my friends used 2 reference letters one from current and other from past employer and got pr.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
cosgrec said:
Hi,

Hi cosgrec, I am in the same boat. But I won't enter the detail of one of my past employements until I get letter or something from my employeer to prove my job. Though I already declared my job experience in my previous application but in EE I wont be entering details to get points. I have sent couple of emails to my employer but no response as they are abroad. But after I get ITA I am gonna provide detail in background declaration with a brief note that I couldn't get any documentation and CIC could cross reference with previous applications.
In the end it is individual preference, its like someone that s/he is graduated in EE profile but couldn't provide educational transcripts because s/he lost it or whatever is the reason then what do you think how CIC would take this?