+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concerns Regarding EE ITA

victorxman182

Jan 29, 2015
I have the same problem as I have 3 months of work experience with a company for which I can't obtain employment proof. I don't have a necessity to claim those 3 months as they wont give me more points in EE.

I called CIC and the agent told me that one thing is them asking you in a form to provide your employment information of the last X years and another thing is the Express Entry profile where you claim work experience to receive points. So I's ok to not include all work experience in the EE profile if you don't intend to claim points from it. But you should mention it in your background declaration form when you fill your application.

I presume that people with ITA will get a personalized document checklist which will request employment proof for each of the positions you claimed in you EE profile.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
victorxman182 said:
I have the same problem as I have 3 months of work experience with a company for which I can't obtain employment proof. I don't have a necessity to claim those 3 months as they wont give me more points in EE.

I called CIC and the agent told me that one thing is them asking you in a form to provide your employment information of the last X years and another thing is the Express Entry profile where you claim work experience to receive points. So I's ok to not include all work experience in the EE profile if you don't intend to claim points from it. But you should mention it in your background declaration form when you fill your application.

I presume that people with ITA will get a personalized document checklist which will request employment proof for each of the positions you claimed in you EE profile.
Exactly this, another nice advantage of an electronic system, no need for a generic list of documents to upload, it just requests uploads for everything you scored points on.

Aussieexpat

Feb 10, 2015
I am in the same boat. I am following the advice of listing all my previous employers so as to seem truthful int he application. Luckily I collected my job references a while ago, so I am not so worried about that. However, now they are requesting business cards of each person who has signed the reference letters. What is everyone's thoughts on this? It is impossible for me as some of my past employers do not have business cards. Do you think a letter of explanation will be sufficient?