Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
I recently submitted my application for Common Law Inland Canada to Mississauga and it arrived there on Monday.

How long after they issue me the AOR will I know if my sponsor is eligible to sponsor me and because I included a OWP Application at the same time will that be issued to me at the same time of first stage approval

Feel so positive about my application but what are the usual reasons why a sponsor would be refused to sponsor someone? I went through the eligibility and everything seemed fine! Is it hard to pass the sponsorship eligibility? Just nervous as we want this to work out for us both so much!

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Thank you for reassuring me, as you know this is a daunting process, how did your application go?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lukeaidan97 said:
because I included a OWP Application at the same time will that be issued to me at the same time of first stage approval

Feel so positive about my application but what are the usual reasons why a sponsor would be refused to sponsor someone? I went through the eligibility and everything seemed fine! Is it hard to pass the sponsorship eligibility? Just nervous as we want this to work out for us both so much!
The OWP will be issued about 4 months after submission.

The sponsor refusal reasons are listed on the website. Sponsor eligibility is pretty basic and the vast majority pass without issue.

Reactions: malimu

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Okay, so if I submitted my application this month I should ideally have my OWP by like August/September latest which is a good timeframe.

Yeah the sponsor eligibility is pretty decent, and we checked through that before applying to ensure my partner met the criteria.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you really want to see what it takes, take a look at this document:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131222023231/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

Look on page 44 and you'll see a flowchart that is used for processing/assessing Inland sponsorship applications.

The chart does not appear it the latest versions of the IP8 manual, but the process seems to be the same.

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Ah okay perfect thank you for that, I'll definitely take a look!

Aganbold

Jul 27, 2016
I also included my OWP application with my PR Inland application as common law partners. I received my OWP in February 2017 which was 4 months after they've received my whole package in October, 2016.

They did ask for a police certificate just 2 days ago. Haven't heard anything else about anything.

Keep trying to link your application to your online account when you receive your application number in order to receive updates.

Good luck!

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Ah sweet that's not a long time at all, & have you done your medical examination yet too?

Thank you, good luck!

Aganbold

Jul 27, 2016
I was pregnant during my application preparation time, and I didn't want to go through a chest x-ray during my pregnancy, so no.

They haven't requested it either yet. I'll wait until they do.

lukeaidan97

Feb 26, 2017
Newfoundland, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/04/2017
AOR Received.
05/05/2017
Yeah that's pretty good, just do the medical exam when they require it from what I hear you have 30 days from the sate on the letter requesting medical. I'm sure it'll tell you on the letter for sure.

I included my UK Police Certificate which was issued to me in April 2015 prior to me moving to Canada on a work permit in July 2015. Will they require me to obtain a new Police Certificate or will they accept that one? And I presume they'll want one from the province I am residing in.

Caro1612

Jun 26, 2017
Hi I also applied for Common Law Inland Canada,
I sent my application on April 6th, received April 10th, and I received my AOR on May 3rd, after, I linked the application with my online account, I didn't know that I have 30 days to send the background check and police certificate, and when I realized it, I couldn't do through my online account so I send it through web form on June 26th, a month after on Jul 27th I received an email that my documents were received and sent it to the responsible officer. Since then, I don't have any update, my online account still says Application is in progress, my review for eligibility hasn't started, I'm worried now!! :/,
how is going your process??