+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-law Sponsorship

sdub

Jan 11, 2016
So this is my situation:

I was an international student and am currently working in Canada on implied status and waiting for my PGWP to come in by mid June. I am also finishing up to send in my in-land application for common-law sponsorship with my Canadian partner. What I need to know is what happens if my PGWP comes back denied. Do I still get to stay in Canada till I get a first response on the common-law sponsorship application and can I continue working?
So far through out the application forms there is no question about applying for a work permit. Is there something I am missing or do I have to wait to do this part?

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
sdub said:
So this is my situation:

I was an international student and am currently working in Canada on implied status and waiting for my PGWP to come in by mid June. I am also finishing up to send in my in-land application for common-law sponsorship with my Canadian partner. What I need to know is what happens if my PGWP comes back denied. Do I still get to stay in Canada till I get a first response on the common-law sponsorship application and can I continue working?
So far through out the application forms there is no question about applying for a work permit. Is there something I am missing or do I have to wait to do this part?
Read posts on the inland application threads. Most people apply for both inland sponsorship and and open work permit together. The forms are not together you have to find it on CIC's website and fill it and submit both.

sdub

Jan 11, 2016
Okay but do I get to stay in Canada and work while waiting for it if I applied for it while on implied status already?