+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work permit

prem78

Oct 13, 2024
I'm on closed work permit now employer has been removed by franchise and another employer is the new and not eligible to give new LMIA on same location. What to do in this situation.

prem78

Oct 13, 2024
New employer don't have experience. He is New to franchise business or can say not capable.
MY query is do i have to go for open work permit
If open permit received and later I found employer on LMIA can I switch from open to closed
Or instead of open work permit Do i have to search new employer for Pre approved LMIA and then take new closed permit.

What you suggest..

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
New employer don't have experience. He is New to franchise business or can say not capable.
MY query is do i have to go for open work permit
If open permit received and later I found employer on LMIA can I switch from open to closed
Or instead of open work permit Do i have to search new employer for Pre approved LMIA and then take new closed permit.

What you suggest..

Thanks
YYour post is so confusing. If your employer on your LMIA is not longer employing you and you are on closed work permit then you need another LMIA and closed work Permit.

prem78

Oct 13, 2024
Is this good if we can go for open work permit or eligible?
Later on once we receive new employer for LMIA and switch from open work permit to closed permit. Is this possible?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is this good if we can go for open work permit or eligible?
Later on once we receive new employer for LMIA and switch from open work permit to closed permit. Is this possible?
How are you eligible for an open work permit if on a closed one? Is your spouse studying or working in Canada?

prem78

Oct 13, 2024
Thanks for reply ! My spouse is in India and working there.
My question is my employer is no more with franchise and new employer is not hiring me. Hence closed work permit I can't work..
Is this possible can I convert my closed permit to open work permit ? Is this good option?

Or do I search another employer for LMIA close work permit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for reply ! My spouse is in India and working there.
My question is my employer is no more with franchise and new employer is not hiring me. Hence closed work permit I can't work..
Is this possible can I convert my closed permit to open work permit ? Is this good option?

Or do I search another employer for LMIA close work permit?
It's not possible to convert to an open work permit. You have to find a new employer who is willing to obtain an approved LMIA and then apply for a new closed work permit.

prem78

Oct 13, 2024
Hi Tha ks for the update and Information! I appreciate for your fruitful info.

Just let me know are you from canada govt immigration or private immigration consultants.