+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed Work Permit

Ark909

May 22, 2024
Hi All,

I moved to Vancouver on a closed work permit last year from the USA.

I feel due to the closed work permit; the employer has not given me the promotion that I deserved. My manager even mentioned during one of the meetings that I couldn't switch jobs and be grateful for the given appraisal and not laying me off.

Now, it seems they are trying a few workarounds to see that I do not qualify for CEC points, which affects me mentally and asking (literally forcing) me to move back to Seattle and putting me on a project different from my skill set. I am going through a mental breakdown at this stage.

Can anyone suggest what can be done in this scenario? I appreciate any help or guidance to see what can be done

Ark909

May 22, 2024
Please approve my post
Hi All,

I moved to Vancouver on a closed work permit last year from the USA.

I feel due to the closed work permit; the employer has not given me the promotion that I deserved. My manager even mentioned during one of the meetings that I couldn't switch jobs and be grateful for the given appraisal and not laying me off.

Now, it seems they are trying a few workarounds to see that I do not qualify for CEC points, which affects me mentally and asking (literally forcing) me to move back to Seattle and putting me on a project different from my skill set. I am going through a mental breakdown at this stage.

Can anyone suggest what can be done in this scenario? I appreciate any help or guidance to see what can be done