+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Closed work Permit with Nomination

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
i am currently on restoration as my BOWP got refused last monday..they said that i am not elligible in open work permit.
i am planning to apply for a CLOSED WORK PERMIT in the border. my employer can provide everything i need, job offer, LMIA exempt fee, REstoration fee, i am bc pnp nominee, and i have my pnp support letter too. i am also on my PR processing.. i got my AOR and done with my medical.
questions:
-are they gonna allow me in the border if im just on restoration, my work permit expired last april, and i dont have visa anymore.
-do i have a chance to be approve with that process.
-what elses documents should i bring.
-which border can u suggest.

PLEASE HELP ME! ANY IDEA WILL HELP.

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (CEC) Nova Scotia (PNP)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2014 (CEC), October 13, 2015 (OPNP)
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
29/01/2015 (For CEC) 22/01/2016 (PNP)
IELTS Request
Celpip Send with Application (CEC) (PNP)
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
prentiss18 said:
i am currently on restoration as my BOWP got refused last monday..they said that i am not elligible in open work permit.
i am planning to apply for a CLOSED WORK PERMIT in the border. my employer can provide everything i need, job offer, LMIA exempt fee, REstoration fee, i am bc pnp nominee, and i have my pnp support letter too. i am also on my PR processing.. i got my AOR and done with my medical.
questions:
-are they gonna allow me in the border if im just on restoration, my work permit expired last april, and i dont have visa anymore.

Looks like we are in the same boat, I tried last week to get the WP at the border, no luck. Said to send the application to NY or country of citizenship

yll668

May 28, 2015
We are on the same boat! :'(
I got my AINP nomination Jan,2105 and filed to CIC on Feb. At the same time, applied for BOWP without AOR, I got refused on April 21, after my work permit expired.

I went back to my home country after.

Currently I don't have any status, and in my home country. I want to know, can I apply this LIMIA EXCEPT closed WP in my country?

I was thinking to apply a TRV to be back Canada as a visitor, and reapply a closed WP in CANADA. however, just know from here: has to be applied outside of Canada if you are a visitor? Is that correct?

The requirements for LIMiA EXCEPT CLOSED WORK PERMITare :
1.AINP nomination letter
2. Job offer
3. Letter of support from province
4. Compliance fee paid by employer
5. IMM 5802 form filled by employer (copy need to be enclosed in application package)
EXCEPT what I have listed above,anything else is required

Could someone give me a answer? Please help....

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
yll668 said:
We are on the same boat! :'(
I got my AINP nomination Jan,2105 and filed to CIC on Feb. At the same time, applied for BOWP without AOR, I got refused on April 21, after my work permit expired.

I went back to my home country after.

Currently I don't have any status, and in my home country. I want to know, can I apply this LIMIA EXCEPT closed WP in my country?

I was thinking to apply a TRV to be back Canada as a visitor, and reapply a closed WP in CANADA. however, just know from here: has to be applied outside of Canada if you are a visitor? Is that correct?

The requirements for LIMiA EXCEPT CLOSED WORK PERMITare :
1.AINP nomination letter
2. Job offer
3. Letter of support from province
4. Compliance fee paid by employer
5. IMM 5802 form filled by employer (copy need to be enclosed in application package)
EXCEPT what I have listed above,anything else is required

Could someone give me a answer? Please help....
Hey there, it's better to apply from your country of citizenship. I am currently in Canada now, and applied through New York for the WP just last week. (now will have to wait for like 2-3 months)
Yes you can apply inside your country for the LMAI exempt WP. Yes you have to apply outside for a WP outside Canada if you are on a visitor status in Canada
I would also advise you to list some extra documents when you are applying inside your country, depending where you are from.
http ://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp
Check this link it will help you with the list of docs you need

patel315

Feb 21, 2015
prentiss18 said:
questions:
Hi did u submit ur aor with ur bowp application?

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
Are you from a Visa Exempt country? If yes, they will issue it on the border, but it also depends of the visa officer there. They didint issue me anything, said they cant, because I am not from a Visa exempt country.

vikrant khanna

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
The applicant has documented training and experience to be employable in occupations related to NOC 6421 Retail Salespersons and Sales clerks or in a related occupation. The applicant has been working in Manitoba since August 2012 and has long term offer of employment from same employer. On these bases, the applicant has demonstrated the intent and ability to establish successfully in Manitoba and contribute to economy of this province" This is my letter of approval. I have my file number and medicals. My open graduation work permit is going to expire next month. Now tell me is there anyone who applied for "Open work permit" with this kind of restriction or this kind of LOA and they have got there OBWP.

"Is there any who got BOWP with this kind of nomination letter"

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
vikrant khanna said:
The applicant has documented training and experience to be employable in occupations related to NOC 6421 Retail Salespersons and Sales clerks or in a related occupation. The applicant has been working in Manitoba since August 2012 and has long term offer of employment from same employer. On these bases, the applicant has demonstrated the intent and ability to establish successfully in Manitoba and contribute to economy of this province" This is my letter of approval. I have my file number and medicals. My open graduation work permit is going to expire next month. Now tell me is there anyone who applied for "Open work permit" with this kind of restriction or this kind of LOA and they have got there OBWP.

"Is there any who got BOWP with this kind of nomination letter"
Just bridge the permit, if you have an AOR from the PR application, which looks like you have. Go to the online questionnaire and fill it out.

vikrant khanna

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Ko_ko_Ko said:
Just bridge the permit, if you have an AOR from the PR application, which looks like you have. Go to the online questionnaire and fill it out.
Actually I have my AOR and even my medical is also submitted by my doc already. But my lawyer is not convinced I don't why, he said you have NOC written on nomination so you need compliance form from someone. And I am on Open Graduation Work permit. He is confusing me.

Ko_ko_Ko

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
May 13, 2015
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
24th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Med's Done....
29th Feb 2016 (CEC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2016 (CEC)
VISA ISSUED...
14th Mar 2016 (CEC)
LANDED..........
30th Mar 2016 (CEC)
vikrant khanna said:
Actually I have my AOR and even my medical is also submitted by my doc already. But my lawyer is not convinced I don't why, he said you have NOC written on nomination so you need compliance form from someone. And I am on Open Graduation Work permit. He is confusing me.
That is strange, i mean I am sure the lawyers knows better then me, but still, you should be able to bridge your WP, as long as you apply before it expires.
Try calling CIC, they sometimes give good answers.

yll668

May 28, 2015
Ko_ko_Ko said:
Are you from a Visa Exempt country? If yes, they will issue it on the border, but it also depends of the visa officer there. They didint issue me anything, said they cant, because I am not from a Visa exempt country.
No. Me neither. :'(

yll668

May 28, 2015
Ko_ko_Ko said:
Hey there, it's better to apply from your country of citizenship. I am currently in Canada now, and applied through New York for the WP just last week. (now will have to wait for like 2-3 months)
Yes you can apply inside your country for the LMAI exempt WP. Yes you have to apply outside for a WP outside Canada if you are on a visitor status in Canada
I would also advise you to list some extra documents when you are applying inside your country, depending where you are from.

Check this link it will help you with the list of docs you need
Thanks a lot! This is very important information for me.