renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am filling IMM0008 form and I am stuck with filling Question 3 - "How many family members, including you are in this application" The guide says don`t include the sponsor.
In my case I am the sponsor and principal applicant is my wife and there are no dependents in the application
For question 3 should I enter
1 and remove all dependents or
2 and list myself (the sponsor) as dependent and fill out the section ?
Reason why I ask is, last week my friend got his sponsorship application back because he had filled 1 with no dependents
:-\
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
renji said:
I am filling IMM0008 form and I am stuck with filling Question 3 - "How many family members, including you are in this application" The guide says don`t include the sponsor.
In my case I am the sponsor and principal applicant is my wife and there are no dependents in the application
For question 3 should I enter
1 and remove all dependents or
2 and list myself (the sponsor) as dependent and fill out the section ?
Reason why I ask is, last week my friend got his sponsorship application back because he had filled 1 with no dependents
The answer is 1. The sponsor is NOT a dependent. Remove the dependent section.

Your friend has misunderstood why his app was returned.

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
The answer is 1. The sponsor is NOT a dependent. Remove the dependent section.

Your friend has misunderstood why his app was returned.

Thanks canuck_in_uk
I too told him that it should be 1, but he said the returned application had that question highlighted !
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#0008 in that guide it says don`t include sponsor or family members that are already permanent residents or Canadian citizens. I am posting that guide such that it will be useful for others as well.

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And should I (Sponsor) should fill IMM5406 Additional Family Information form as well ? It says the principal applicant, their spouse and all dependent children should complete their own copy !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
renji said:
And should I (Sponsor) should fill IMM5406 Additional Family Information form as well ? It says the principal applicant, their spouse and all dependent children should complete their own copy !
No. The application is very clearly split into Sponsor forms and Applicant forms. You only fill out Sponsor forms.

renji

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
No. The application is very clearly split into Sponsor forms and Applicant forms. You only fill out Sponsor forms.
ok ... Thanks for the help & advice !

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
This may be repetitive, but just want to make 100% sure in completing this form - I am the principal applicant and have no dependents so as per Renji's original question, I will stipulate at question 3. How many family members.... 1

But then, where the section starts to complete the dependent's information, obviously I will not be adding my spouse/sponsor's info but should I write N/A in the very first box 1. Full Name OR should I delete the dependent completely and validate the form after completing it?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ConfusedandInLove said:
But then, where the section starts to complete the dependent's information, obviously I will not be adding my spouse/sponsor's info but should I write N/A in the very first box 1. Full Name OR should I delete the dependent completely and validate the form after completing it?
If you read the form, it states right in the dependent section that you don't include family members that are already Canadian citizens or PRs. Delete the dependent section.