+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on Marital Status for Deceased Grandfather on Form

Jg_147

May 31, 2024
Hello,

I'm currently completing the form for my parents application to the Parents and Grandparents Program, and I need to provide information about my late grandfather. He was married before he passed away.

Since there's no option for "deceased" in the marital status section, should I not select anything or should I write "married"? Alternatively, would it be appropriate to print the form and write "deceased" by hand?

Any advice on how to accurately represent my grandfather's marital status would be appreciated. Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I'm currently completing the form for my parents application to the Parents and Grandparents Program, and I need to provide information about my late grandfather. He was married before he passed away.

Since there's no option for "deceased" in the marital status section, should I not select anything or should I write "married"? Alternatively, would it be appropriate to print the form and write "deceased" by hand?

Any advice on how to accurately represent my grandfather's marital status would be appreciated. Thank you.
Select from the options available and stop over-thinking.

Reactions: YVR123