+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
I have a question and it is very important to me to be answered.
I sent a photocopy of passports and translations for non English stamps, do I need to take a coloured copy of passport and translation again when I am invited for test ?
Please help people who did the test and interviews did officer had translation and passport copy with them?

Thanks in advance.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAAMS My strong advice would be take a colored photocopy of the translations. You will have your original passport with you so no need to take photocopies of the passport. If you already mailed it to them then they will have all the documents in their file. DONT TAKE A CHANCE. Spend the extra dollars and it will save you a lot of uncertain worries.

FAAMS said:
I have a question and it is very important to me to be answered.
I sent a photocopy of passports and translations for non English stamps, do I need to take a coloured copy of passport and translation again when I am invited for test ?
Please help people who did the test and interviews did officer had translation and passport copy with them?

Thanks in advance.

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
andrew7007 said:
FAAMS My strong advice would be take a colored photocopy of the translations. You will have your original passport with you so no need to take photocopies of the passport. If you already mailed it to them then they will have all the documents in their file. DONT TAKE A CHANCE. Spend the extra dollars and it will save you a lot of uncertain worries.
Thanks Andrew 7007
I already mailed the translations and colored photocopies of the passport .I don't have copies of the translations as I sent the originals so I guess I have to translate the passports again.
That's what I will do .
Did you send translations and photocopies with ur application or the beginning ?
@ andrew7007

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All my stamps had legible English dates. At the interview I was asked to post colored copies of all my passports for further scrutiny but the officer assured me of an oath invite within the next 2 to 4 months which is their standard reply for all those you who pass the test and interview. Since I used to travel a lot I had 3 passports full of exit entry stamps from various countries. I wasn't asked fro translations. Did they specifically ask you for translations?

FAAMS said:
Thanks Andrew 7007
I already mailed the translations and colored photocopies of the passport .I don't have copies of the translations as I sent the originals so I guess I have to translate the passports again.
That's what I will do .
Did you send translations and photocopies with ur application or the beginning ?
@ andrew7007

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
andrew7007 said:
All my stamps had legible English dates. At the interview I was asked to post colored copies of all my passports for further scrutiny but the officer assured me of an oath invite within the next 2 to 4 months which is their standard reply for all those you who pass the test and interview. Since I used to travel a lot I had 3 passports full of exit entry stamps from various countries. I wasn't asked fro translations. Did they specifically ask you for translations?
My situation is different from yours andrew7007. I am not invited yet for the test but I guess it will be soon, I want to be ready for it from now. I sent the non English stamps translations and coloured photocopies of passports with my original application so I guess they will have it during my interview.

Thanks for the answer and the detailed information. I would recommend call the call centre and try to ask why I am not invited for oath and what is wrong with my file may be they can help.

Wish you all the best and hope you to get the oath invitation soon

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
I had my interview last month. In my application I sent coloured translation of my passports. During the interview I took the originals and the officer opened my file and the coloured translations that I sent were there. He just made sure that they are copies of the original and returned my passports to me. He said he will review my exit/entery because there are many and he will make sure that they match my calculator.

FAAMS said:
My situation is different from yours andrew7007. I am not invited yet for the test but I guess it will be soon, I want to be ready for it from now. I sent the non English stamps translations and coloured photocopies of passports with my original application so I guess they will have it during my interview.

Thanks for the answer and the detailed information. I would recommend call the call centre and try to ask why I am not invited for oath and what is wrong with my file may be they can help.

Wish you all the best and hope you to get the oath invitation soon

FAAMS

Aug 13, 2015
dr_majed8835 said:
I had my interview last month. In my application I sent coloured translation of my passports. During the interview I took the originals and the officer opened my file and the coloured translations that I sent were there. He just made sure that they are copies of the original and returned my passports to me. He said he will review my exit/entery because there are many and he will make sure that they match my calculator.
Thanks for the information, I sent the original of the translations so I don't have any copies of it.
Thanks again for giving me an idea about how things work in the interview.
Edmonton people are the best andrew7007 and dr_majed

Ed.Al

Oct 7, 2015
Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

Hello Everybody,
I am new in this forum.
I applied for Canadian Citizenship on December 2014, they received my documents on Dec.15, and sent to Edmonton on March 09, 2015. Which the last line of my ecas was disappeared few months ago. Is it normal? Is there anybody else with same timeline waiting for test invitation in this group?

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes Its normal for the transfer line to disappear within a couple of days. Most of us have experienced that. So do not fret and relax buddy.

Ed.Al said:
Hello Everybody,
I am new in this forum.
I applied for Canadian Citizenship on December 2014, they received my documents on Dec.15, and sent to Edmonton on March 09, 2015. Which the last line of my ecas was disappeared few months ago. Is it normal? Is there anybody else with same timeline waiting for test invitation in this group?

Hania2014

Nov 1, 2014
Hello everyone
Just wanted to share I got my oath invitation letter in mail today that will b on 21st Oct :) now the question is can I go with my both kids on ceremony one is 3 n half year old and the other one 15 months there's no one to take care of them at home

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can. But you need to have an adult guest with you who is going to take care of them. They will be sitting separate from you and the adult should be able to take them out in case they start crying or ...
you WILL NOT be able to leave the room till the ceremony is ended.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hania2014 said:
Hello everyone
Just wanted to share I got my oath invitation letter in mail today that will b on 21st Oct :) now the question is can I go with my both kids on ceremony one is 3 n half year old and the other one 15 months there's no one to take care of them at home
Congrats!!! would you mind sharing your timeline?

Thanks.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A question Hania. Was your eCAS updated prior to receiving the letter?
Hania2014 said:
Hello everyone

Hania2014

Nov 1, 2014
asagalen said:
Congrats!!! would you mind sharing your timeline?

Thanks.
my timeline is
Applied on 31 Oct 2014
Test date 24 July
Decision made 2 Aug
status updated for oath 28th sept
got letter 8th oct
Oath ceremony on 21 oct

Hania2014

Nov 1, 2014
andrew7007 said:
A question Hania. Was your eCAS updated prior to receiving the letter?
yeah it was updated last week on tuesday or i think on monday and since then i was waiting for the letter and i received it today after 10 days