+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test results, Edmonton Office

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes786 said:
So it seems like it is currently taking 17 months from application to oath for Edmonton. Well, all we can do is wait.
17 months. It's still ridiculous compared to 7 months in Toronto, Montreal and Vancounver. How gov keeps the promise to short the whole process withine one year in Edm starting from 2015/2016?
There is TOTALLY no sign of speeding in EDM after fees change.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
isabela said:
the questions are very easy, just took 5 minutes to answer....
Great job! So they gave you your oath-taking notice right after the test?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
alicezy said:
17 months. It's still ridiculous compared to 7 months in Toronto, Montreal and Vancounver. How gov keeps the promise to short the whole process withine one year in Edm starting from 2015/2016?
There is TOTALLY no sign of speeding in EDM after fees change.
That's pretty ridiculous! Well they should've increased the prices for only those cities if they get that kind of treatment. Hopefully, EDM gets better this year.

isabela

Star Member
May 14, 2011
IamAlbertan said:
Great job! So they gave you your oath-taking notice right after the test?
[/qu the interviewer told me to take the oath on April 7,,,,,same with my friends who passed the exam

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Gemt2014 said:
Hi,

Your test date updated online?
Hi Gemt2014, Yes. I found out about my test through ecas then few days later, I received the letter from CIC.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
IamAlbertan said:
Hi Gemt2014, Yes. I found out about my test through ecas then few days later, I received the letter from CIC.
For me I have received the letter,but till today ecas doesn't update.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Gemt2014 said:
For me I have received the letter,but till today ecas doesn't update.
You should be fine as long as you have the notice from CIC. I read from some applicants that their ecas was not updated but they have the notice. Good luck to us! :)

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
IamAlbertan said:
You should be fine as long as you have the notice from CIC. I read from some applicants that their ecas was not updated but they have the notice. Good luck to us! :)
Thanks a lot for your reply.Good luck to you as well. Could you share your test experience once you done the test?

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
I took the test today and got 20/20. That made me happy. However, i had one issue during the interview with the officer. My passport does noy have the entry stamps to Canada. I had two trips- 2012 for 23 days to my home country and 7 days to Mexico in 2013. The officer said that she will request a report from CBSA of my entry records (which will take a week or two). Once they confirm everything, theu will send me the notice for oath tAking within 2-4 months.

My question is: does CBSA have the complete record of our entry to Canada? I dont really remember how they checked my documents when I came back here from those 2 trips. Please share any experience or knowledge you have and should this be a major concern?

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
IamAlbertan said:
I took the test today and got 20/20. That made me happy. However, i had one issue during the interview with the officer. My passport does noy have the entry stamps to Canada. I had two trips- 2012 for 23 days to my home country and 7 days to Mexico in 2013. The officer said that she will request a report from CBSA of my entry records (which will take a week or two). Once they confirm everything, theu will send me the notice for oath tAking within 2-4 months.

My question is: does CBSA have the complete record of our entry to Canada? I dont really remember how they checked my documents when I came back here from those 2 trips. Please share any experience or knowledge you have and should this be a major concern?
Congrats :) :) :)

Did you practice anything other than the discover Canada book for your test?
Do they ask any other question?

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
Gemt2014 said:
Congrats :) :) :)

Did you practice anything other than the discover Canada book for your test?
Do they ask any other question?
I just did the online practice test and read the book. The officer asked me question regarding my employment, education in canada & she checked my old and current passports.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IamAlbertan said:

The CBSA records are notoriously incomplete, but travel via air appears to be recorded more consistently than land crossings, so chances are those two entries into Canada will be in there. Even if they aren't, CIC is aware of this issue and I doubt they'll make a big deal out of it.

Gemt2014

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
IamAlbertan said:
I just did the online practice test and read the book. The officer asked me question regarding my employment, education in canada & she checked my old and current passports.
Could you please share the website where you practice