+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

sairam99

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2ND WEEK OF APRIL 2010
Doc's Request.
2ND WEEK OF JULY 2010
AOR Received.
LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER 2010
Med's Request
1ST WEEK OF MARCH 2013
Med's Done....
3RD WEEK OF MARCH 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LAST WEEK OF APRIL 2013
LANDED..........
JULY 2013
my MP forwarded my email to Immigration Minister. I have asked the following questions. Let's see what happens...

1.When most of the technical or certification exams are conducted online why can't the Citizenship test conduct online?.
2.When my kid is going school with a mask and maintaining social distancing, why can't I write a 30 minutes Citizenship test with the same social distancing.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
My mp is useless

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Here's been quiet for a quite while :oops: seems all disappointed :(

I have a theory explaining this ... Maybe people got fed up with being deleted by moderators, systematically, all messages that went in the direction of trying to do something concrete ... Peoples are simply go to other places more '' liberal ''where any type of speech is allowed, including links: Social networks for example.

Once again, I fully understand that this forum has internal rules, but it's totally too bad to see that these rules prohibit posts totally related to the title and the essence of the thread ... It makes me even feel more sad when i see that in other subjects, links seem to be allowed ... There is therefore an implicit and chosen desire to apply the ban here.

Anyway, more and more people are afraid of unjustified and endless delays, even people who only send their application recently (Backlog will increase again and again, and more years will be added ), and things seem to be organizing elsewhere.

In the meantime, I can only encourage you to contact your local deputies, but also the deputies of the ndp as well. It could be strategic at the moment (The ndp has the balance of power ... He has just saved the government of Trudeau in the last vote of confidence).

Last edited:

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
I sent out an email asking for an update about the test . I got a reply today saying implementation of online testing delayed .There was another person on Facebook saying in Quebec testing was to have started but the premier asked for it to be move to end of October. Thanks
The email you sent was to IRCC, provincial office?

I saw the post on Facebook. I find interesting that your emails mention "online testing" and the post on Facebook seemed to imply physical testing (and the individual did not say if was really TESTING and not REtesting).

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Not sure about the reliability but someone posted this on FB group.

------
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone doing Well, I have my exam October 22, in one week , they sent email for me September 30. I was wondering if someone had exam recently? I have stress need some tips.
Thanks
------

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
I hate to be a pessimist on this one, but I hardly believe it is what it is. Either a re-test in BC or just BS.
One thing is true: everyone is in stress and needs some tips. That I don't doubt

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Not sure about the reliability but someone posted this on FB group.

------
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone doing Well, I have my exam October 22, in one week , they sent email for me September 30. I was wondering if someone had exam recently? I have stress need some tips.
Thanks
------
I saw the profile of the person, it clearly indicates that she lives in Vancouver: Probably a RE-testing.

We must not release the pressure, we must continue.

Passivity, as I have already said several times in this thread, is only going to bring us one thing, guaranteed: Years and years of additional delay.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I saw the profile of the person, it clearly indicates that she lives in Vancouver: Probably a RE-testing.

We must not release the pressure, we must continue.

Passivity, as I have already said several times in this thread, is only going to bring us one thing, guaranteed: Years and years of additional delay.
The person from the post is asking is asking for tips, so that doesn’t sound much like a re-test, had she done it before she would already know what to expect.

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
Has anyone thought about contacting the media, such as the Globe and Mail?

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
The person from the post is asking is asking for tips, so that doesn’t sound much like a re-test, had she done it before she would already know what to expect.
With all due respect, you are speculating based on nothing concrete. Your speculation is probably wrong.

To date, IRCC has not communicated on a re-test (not RE-test) on its usual information channels. Nothing new. See the links:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices.html

Why persist in maintaining false hope? ... This kind of talk feeds the mind of passivity and counterproductive, in my opinion.

Either way, people aren't fooled, and most of the comments in response to this person doubt her story, and ask her to provide an evidence... And in the meantime, people continue to organizing themselves.

We must remain lucid and keep a rational mind to avoid confusion (* and passivity, in our case).
, Piotr.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
With all due respect, you are speculating based on nothing concrete. Your speculation is probably wrong.

To date, IRCC has not communicated on a re-test (not RE-test) on its usual information channels. Nothing new. See the links:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news.html
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices.html

Why persist in maintaining false hope? ... This kind of talk feeds the mind of passivity and counterproductive, in my opinion.

Either way, people aren't fooled, and most of the comments in response to this person doubt her story, and ask her to provide an evidence... And in the meantime, people continue to organizing themselves.

We must remain lucid and keep a rational mind to avoid confusion (* and passivity, in our case).
, Piotr.
Have you seen how CIC works? go check the "No update from IRCC on citizenship oath ceremony. Next steps? " thread, some applicants started receiving invitations to the virtual oaths a few weeks before it was officially announced by IRCC, so there's a slight chance that they could do the same with Citizenship tests.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Has anyone thought about contacting the media, such as the Globe and Mail?
That sounds like a great idea! I’m sure it will definitely create some impact on IRCC slaking on their work, I’d consider contacting global news and CBC which is more nation wide reputable and aware amongst people.