+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

2be_canadian

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
I just can't understand, how easily people believed about tests resume (even in Vancouver)... They clearly still quote "all citizenship test are cancelled until further notice" they just added a word on bottom saying bla bla bla retest...
Just to keep people calm, and lower there voice, which I believe also include cbc's post (remember they just updated website after 2 months) ??

Use your brain ....
Thanks to all of you who still support # on twitter... Better than nothing...
I am hanging on Twitter with same message #Resume_Citizenship_Test every day ( doesn't matter what topic is)
Today I went even further so I wrote them there is no need for covid drama we all learned to wash our hands...
This covid already took half year to all of us ...I was chasing this virus through all this months and nothing...
Asked my friends to ask their friends and their families and friends if anyone got this virus...Nope ...nobody.
This all is big BS all over the globe...

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Back in middle of June, I already wrote to Honorable Minister to look into virtual testing as Canada was still in middle of first wave. I got *no response*.

Since past few days, I am very actively tweeting IRCC and Honorable Minister Marco on following lines:

- Resume physical testing - quoted Canadian example - an Institute undertook physical 3 day examination all over Canada in hotels (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/thousands-of-accounting-students-are-checking-in-at-hotels-across-canada-and-no-it-s-not-for-a-vacation-1.5719704). I have also proposed IRCC and Minister Marco to obtain public opinion on charging a reasonable fee (in the region of $50-$100) for a 20 minute physical test in a hotel.

2- Proposed start virtual test and make sure test cheating software is installed to curb any cheating possibilities

I urge everyone to stand up and raise this issue. It is becoming an issue as all staff that could have worked on testing citizenship applications is now working on spousal applications. I am in awe how future citizens are treated at this point. My guess is that citizenship tests - if ever start - will not start before January or February 2021. IRCC would most likely use this time to build up a parallel system.

*Please everyone raise this issue at your MP level or at IRCC level through tweets*.

Reactions: Svet81

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Let's give IRCC ideas and thoughts ! Please quote as many examples as you can - I understand Professional Engineers Ontario also conducted online examination for the first time in June.

We can cry and ask for resuming citizenship test - which indeed is the right thing to do - but let's give solutions to IRCC. Any IT guys who can share technology briefs on how cheating can be avoided during the virtual examinations - Quote institutes who are using anti cheating technology. Please help each other!

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
This is an answer for all those who say that mobilization is useless. Here is the result of the mobilization ...

If we do nothing, we will wait for years and years (maybe worse if the Conservatives win a majority) ... Keep sleeping.
Spot on ! I agree. There are only handful of people who *dare to stand up and rise voice for our own right*.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Unfortunately true ! A very long time unless we raise this issue. It certainly make all of us look like begging for (hard earned - left star career for a *checklist career*) citizenship !

I wonder what if current government does not win confidence vote coming up at the end of this week (or I am ill-informed).

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
Let's give IRCC ideas and thoughts ! Please quote as many examples as you can - I understand Professional Engineers Ontario also conducted online examination for the first time in June.

We can cry and ask for resuming citizenship test - which indeed is the right thing to do - but let's give solutions to IRCC. Any IT guys who can share technology briefs on how cheating can be avoided during the virtual examinations - Quote institutes who are using anti cheating technology. Please help each other!
Many Examinations have been restarted since last few months. I passed a 9 hour Medical examination test in mid July . It could be done either on-line or in-site, and it's been performed everyday in both formats since then. So taking a half an hour citizenship test either on-line or in-site should not be a BIG PROBLEM !!!!

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Many Examinations have been restarted since last few months. I passed a 9 hour Medical examination test in mid July . It could be done either on-line or in-site, and it's been performed everyday in both formats since then. So taking a half an hour citizenship test either on-line or in-site should not be a BIG PROBLEM !!!!
I am convinced. Let's convince IRCC :) Keep up with tweets please. Thanks

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Online exams are more secure than one can imagine.
1) The exam sessions are fully encrypted
2) They check Identity and room thoroughly before even allowing you to sit in test.
3) During the test, they can see you and hear you and even if you dare to bring your hands near face, they stop your test and re-check everything again
4) They have complete access to your computer and screen
5) They use software which test your system about possible intrusions.
6) Citizenship is just a very small 30 mins test where our mentioned technology is being used in test length from 4 hours to 72 hours exams.
7) The sessions are recorded so in case there is little doubt, they can revoke things.

So yes they can do that easily if they want. Best thing is they don't need any infrastructure. They can use available proctors available.

CIC has one of the best Cyber Defense teams and I am sure if they try to assess the Risk, it will be minimal. IRCC just need a push - a hard push

Reactions: Svet81

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
Online exams are more secure than one can imagine.
1) The exam sessions are fully encrypted
2) They check Identity and room thoroughly before even allowing you to sit in test.
3) During the test, they can see you and hear you and even if you dare to bring your hands near face, they stop your test and re-check everything again
4) They have complete access to your computer and screen
5) They use software which test your system about possible intrusions.
6) Citizenship is just a very small 30 mins test where our mentioned technology is being used in test length from 4 hours to 72 hours exams.
7) The sessions are recorded so in case there is little doubt, they can revoke things.

So yes they can do that easily if they want. Best thing is they don't need any infrastructure. They can use available proctors available.

CIC has one of the best Cyber Defense teams and I am sure if they try to assess the Risk, it will be minimal. IRCC just need a push - a hard push
As an applicant, I am certainly hoping everything could speed up. However, I am only afraid that should any of these measures (e.g. 3) through 5)) be even proposed, the opposition and "human rights lawyers" would waste no time in attacking the government. It is perhaps also unfair to compare the citizenship test to the AAMC tests (e.g. MCAT, USMLE) mentioned earlier in the thread. The CIC test seems to be more of a ceremonial significance and tradition formality than it is an "exam".

I am confident that the CIC must have contingency plans for situations like this, but they are just slow or not keen on implementing one.

In the defence of the CIC bureaucrats.
If anything goes wrong with the online test (e.g. connection, accessibility, time zone, "cheating", etc), the CIC gets the blame.
If any applicant gets sick due to writing the test, the CIC gets the blame.
If any CIC worker gets sick due to working, the CIC gets the blame. I rather not to have this happening, as it would otherwise be exploited as a real excuse for another shutting down.
Then it might as well just do nothing, where only the fearless COVID gets the blame, and the CIC remains a caring employer and beacon for ensuring public health and safety (with sarcasm of course).

Reactions: Svet81 and EUK

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
As an applicant, I am certainly hoping everything could speed up. However, I am only afraid that should any of these measures (e.g. 3) through 5)) be even proposed, the opposition and "human rights lawyers" would waste no time in attacking the government. It is perhaps also unfair to compare the citizenship test to the AAMC tests (e.g. MCAT, USMLE) mentioned earlier in the thread. The CIC test seems to be more of a ceremonial significance and tradition formality than it is an "exam".

I am confident that the CIC must have contingency plans for situations like this, but they are just slow or not keen on implementing one.

In the defence of the CIC bureaucrats.
If anything goes wrong with the online test (e.g. connection, accessibility, time zone, "cheating", etc), the CIC gets the blame.
If any applicant gets sick due to writing the test, the CIC gets the blame.
If any CIC worker gets sick due to working, the CIC gets the blame. I rather not to have this happening, as it would otherwise be exploited as a real excuse for another shutting down.
Then it might as well just do nothing, where only the fearless COVID gets the blame, and the CIC remains a caring employer and beacon for ensuring public health and safety (with sarcasm of course).
I agree that we have supporters of testing online as well as protestors of testing online(similar to we had for online oath during Apr/May). But someone should take responsibility for a resolution and in this case cic is the only agency who has responsibility to resolve this. its not about blaming but its also their responsibility to serve their clients. Covid will be there for the next 2-3 years even with vaccine given the current estimates(as not everyone will get vaccine even by next year and not everyone in this country and other countries would be ready to get vaccinated( we have seen how many people are against even for yearly flu vaccine)). So there will be infection even after 2 years when in person testing gets conducted for which cic cannot give excuse on postponing it for 2 years.

So cic should take action from their part by one of these options:
1. Conduct in person tests.
2. No tests for this year for which cic refunds the money and processes it next year.
3. Conducts online interview(same as interview for failed twice candidates). (Hoping the protestors dont bring cheating point even in this as one can cheat even in exam hall. Also the failed twice candidates mostly wont pass third time but still they are made pass because this is not the test like gmat/cat exams - this is to make sure candidates are trying to know more about the country and its core values and not the purpose of testing their memory power).
4. Drive through tests (written test or face to face interview).
5. Cancel testing during covid period.

Its not only cic's responsibility as its also responsibility of federal govt since govt only wants to reopen the economy and people from essential and non essential workers put their life on the line to support the economy hence govt and its federal workers are obligated to serve the clients (essential and non essential workers whoever applied for citizenship and paid fee to get it processed). If federal is allowing federal workers to avoid in person testing to safeguard the fed workers then they should also worry about safeguarding the general public too by not reopening schools, colleges, bars, offices etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Svet81 and Das67

batterypk1

Feb 4, 2016
LANDED..........
June 2016
Few Canadians would pass the test so why are we holding new canadians hostage to a higher level than natural Canadians? Should natural Canadians also be required to pass the test in order to receive canadian benefits??

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Well there are million of excuses if they don't want to do something. Government will be blamed if they do good Government will be blamed if they do bad. Human right lawyers didn't go to roads to protest how COVID has taken people's freedom so Human rights lawyer will not come to roads if IRCC take consent from the applicant and make this optional like whoever wants to take this.

With respect to ceremonial experience, Oath Ceremonies which are more traditional and ceremonial based have been shifted to online version so that point is also nullified.