+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test and immigration officer questions

C

citizenship

On the 16th of august i had my appointment for a citizenship test,scheduled at 8:30 i arrived at 8:15 around 8:30 stand in line one officer will check your file number then you go to the test room they distribute the exams french or english depending on your preset preferences, the pencil and eraser already on the table they will distibute two documents one is the multiple choice answers and the oter one the multiple choice questions put them face down until they ask you to start you have 30 minutes to finish it ,i finished mine in 7 minutes if you studied well very easy i used one of the on-line sites,you put the file in a basket then you go next door to sit in a room awaiting your turn to meet an immigration officer ,i waited for 15minutes i was the first one to finish my test but the peoploe that were 55 and older where inside the room already ,4 immigration officers were already meeting with the applicants, they caaled my name asked for two pieces of ID ( driver's license and medical card ) and my permanent residency.now the questions kind a heard that you might be asked these questions never thought they might ask about it but it happened.

which bus you use to go to work

the hospital where your kids where born ( they where born abroad )

why didnt your son apply with you for citizenship ( i mean he is 20 years old ... can you ask him )

why didnt you work during the period you didnt have your permanent residency and didnt have a work permit (Daaaaaaaaa...)

how come you your wife and son work in the same company ( on this note i answered i didnt know of any law that forbids me or any member of my family to work together )

the name of schools my kids are attending

a note that my wife and my kids except my eldest are Canadian citizens.

at the end i was advised that in about three month i will receive a letter to advise me about the decision .

the next day i receive a call at home i was at work call them back..the same officer asked me the same questions another time ,started the conversation by saying i just want to confirm few things in your file, thanked me at the end and repeated the same thing that i should excpect a letter in about 3 month.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear the test is short and easy (if one is well-prepared). Fascinating array of questions...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting. I was not asked any questions but for me, they did the ID checking before the test. There was a line of people waiting and 2 officers checking all their ID's, landing papers etc. Some people had lost theirs, they were told to order copies. I did not notice anyone being asked questions like that. The people who were over 54 were asked to leave the line and go inside the exam room where they had interviews with a citizenship judge. The people who were cleared from the line were allowed to go inside the exam room and wait there. Once everybody was there, they explained the test and then they handed them out. Different versions of the test so you can't cheat by looking at the neighbour. After the test, I went home and waited for my letter.

This was 3 years ago though and it is possible that they are now checking up on people a bit more. They may have thought that you do not really live in Canada and want to check up on your information.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
This was 3 years ago though and it is possible that they are now checking up on people a bit more. They may have thought that you do not really live in Canada and want to check up on your information.
But Leon, some of the questions were just silly, verging (dare I say it) on stupid. The one about why the immigrant had not worked before getting PR or a work permit was too obvious. CIC must have a low opinion of the public's IQ.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah Toby, I agree some of the questions were stupid. I wonder if they have some guidelines for questions. Maybe they really do have a low opinion of the IQ of the public or maybe they just figure if you are not smart enough to BS your way through their stupid questions, you shouldn't be given citizenship.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
Yeah Toby, I agree some of the questions were stupid. I wonder if they have some guidelines for questions. Maybe they really do have a low opinion of the IQ of the public or maybe they just figure if you are not smart enough to BS your way through their stupid questions, you shouldn't be given citizenship.
You mean a stealth IQ test? Not a bad idea actually, so this questions whether this could be CIC's strategy -- CIC and "good ideas" being polar opposites. :p

lovely

Jul 14, 2008
dear Citizenship, could you kindly tell me what's your local office where they asked these questions during your test.

farid_mahmod

Nov 1, 2007
Hi
These informations are very good. Is there anybody share her/his
experience. What questions are asked by officer normally?