+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application in August 2017

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
I'm trying to connect with the Spreadsheet maintainer. Can you please update my timeline (August 2017):

H3A3J6 --> Test invitation: November 15 and actual Test: November 30th.
Let's know your experience please after Test and interview

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

We would be happy to hear updates on your interview or test encounters. Please don't forget to share. Those who are invited to take the test + interview, we wish you all well and pass the test & interview with flying colors.

Good luck and all the best to all test takers.

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Good Morning Everyone:

Today (Nov 22) I received an email with Test Invite.
Test day will be December 5, 2017.

Please update my file.

Any ideas on best ways to ace that test?
Currently I'm only reading the book.

Thank you

From previous applicants who are now CITIZENS.

They said that read the BOOK very well then try your best to answer those Free TEST online. It will help a lot.
According to them, FREE TEST ONLINE helps a lot to figure it out what is the possible questions or the format of the exams will be.
Some of them got history dates questions, others have something about the government, other have general questions (situational). So it means that READING the BOOK helps a lot then try to practice answering those free questions online.

ahmenas

Aug 17, 2017
today i found this update on my online status anyone know what that mean or have the same experience with montreal office
  1. We sent you correspondence on November 22, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
today i found this update on my online status anyone know what that mean or have the same experience with montreal office
  1. We sent you correspondence on November 22, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
This is Finger prints request. I got one similar wording.

Reactions: ahmenas

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Free Practice test site Canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
finger print ,, me too from montreal ,, I am in IP since 10/25/2017 till now no new news

ncutmz

Aug 10, 2017
My test interview is on the 29 November, I started preparing way before I got the invitation.there is a lot of studying to do especially the the history section and its really hard so start as soon as possible.you never know when you will get invite for test mine came by email.
Thank you for sharing your experience!!

ncutmz

Aug 10, 2017
We got our invitation last week and have just started studying. My plan is to read through the Discover Canada Guide 2 to 3 times and then start trying the various online quizzes. The Richmond Library (first link below) is supposed to be a good resource.

Resources I've come across (haven't tried):
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
http://canadiancitizenshiptestkit.com/canadian-history-timeline/
http://www.v-soul.com/
Thank you for your useful study materials!! Many thanks!

Reactions: gigig and jaran2017

aminashah

Aug 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2012
File Transfer...
july 2012
Message from: Aminashah

Today at 2:00 AM
My husband sponsored me here 3 years ago. Now i am about to apply for citizenship. But my husband has declared himself as bank corrupt. Will it have an effect on my application of citizenship as well?

Reply:

Hello, Are you referring to Bankrupt? Not Bank Corrupt? Two words have different meaning. If your husband declared bankruptcy, what it will be the case to your application, nothing. Why? because you are the one who is applying and not your husband; unless both of you plans to apply. If you applied alone then you will only be question such as where are you working or based on your application submitted. It depends in any situation. But for sure it will not affect your application for everyone else here has a unique situation. If you applied alone, you alone will be interviewed and not anyone else.

On the other side, Bank Corrupt is negative notes. If your husband declared he is a bank corrupt; he will be charge with what he is doing. Is he charge with a crime of corruption? I guess, you just want to say Bankrupt and NOT bank corrupt. If you are in doubt, we have Free Legal Service you can ask for.

Sorry for using wrong word. I meant he has declared bankruptcy.

Reactions: jaran2017

DJ_NOVA

Oct 14, 2017
I finalliy received an email to schedule a test, however, my name was spelled all wrong, I have emailed them yesterday, hopefully it won't be a problem : ( I have very mixed feelings now!!!

DJ_NOVA

Oct 14, 2017
CIty Toronto
Days: 1600+
CIT Application Sent : August 01, 2017
CIT Application Received: August 03, 2017
AOR: September 7, 2017
In Process: September 15, 2017
FP request: September 25,2017
FP sent: September 30, 2017
Test & Interview: Test invite Nov 23 Test Dec 14 ( scarborough)
Oath:

Last edited:

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Free Practice test site Canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com

Hi,

Be careful with this site for some of the information are incorrect.

The questions are tough (which is good to learn) but the answer is incorrect.

Examples:

In Discover Canada, How many Canadians died in WWII? in this site there answer is 44,000 while in Discover Canada is more than 1 million.

Another question is the Population on Ontario, in this site the answer is 12 Million. In Discover Canada is 7 million. I know its not yet updated but we should all be very careful. If you are in doubt, please always refer to Discover Canada (the official reviewer).

Just letting you know and sharing some thoughts.

My prayers that all test takers will pass the test with flying colors.

Thanks

Reactions: SpiceIsland

Manoj Tomar

Nov 15, 2017
Hi,

Be careful with this site for some of the information are incorrect.

The questions are tough (which is good to learn) but the answer is incorrect.

Examples:

In Discover Canada, How many Canadians died in WWII? in this site there answer is 44,000 while in Discover Canada is more than 1 million.

Another question is the Population on Ontario, in this site the answer is 12 Million. In Discover Canada is 7 million. I know its not yet updated but we should all be very careful. If you are in doubt, please always refer to Discover Canada (the official reviewer).

Just letting you know and sharing some thoughts.

My prayers that all test takers will pass the test with flying colors.

Thanks
Hi There ,
44,000 is correct answer.
More than one million Canadians served in the Second World War and out of them 44K were killed.

Thanks
Manoj