Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
The worst case scenario is we submit a new application...
Aside from the extra expense, submitting a new paper application at this time actually might not be a bad process at all, given that 2022 paper applications have been processed in 3-6 months. Of course it would be ideal if you don't have to do that and IRCC finishes up your current applications timely.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Aside from the extra expense, submitting a new paper application at this time actually might not be a bad process at all, given that 2022 paper applications have been processed in 3-6 months. Of course it would be ideal if you don't have to do that and IRCC finishes up your current applications timely.
It's not that easy.

Every time a new application goes in, during the data entry at Sydney they'll know if there are any associated applications for the same UCI. If the prior application was withdrawn or denied, the mailroom folks are to add that the previous application details in the new application including the reason for denial or withdrawal.

If you reapply without sending a withdrawal request they have a different set of procedure to decide what happens then.

Reapplying at a different stage might be ok (or might not be, I don't really know) but if there's an existing question on physical presence for which they've asked for documents, then if you reapply now with a new 5 year eligibility period, anyone will assume you're reapplying because you couldn't meet the RO with the prior application. imo this is going to be counterproductive but it's all a guess. If someone's trying this, please keep us psted here.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Why would anyone want to put in another application and start afresh? Would they know for certain that the new application will proceed faster than your previous one? Even if I could afford to throw away another 600, I don't see any reason why I / anyone should.

Making concrete assumptions about processing speed based cases on this forum, which is a small percentage of total applications in the pipeline with IRCC, is pure conjecture. What surprises me is the daily check that folks run to see how things are progressing? It doesn't do any good for anyone's sanity.

Reactions: dpenabill

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
I got an update today My language, residency and prohibitions were marked complete. Oath is still marked not started, but I am thrilled to see progress.

It took about 4 months after the interview for everything to be updated.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
MP said my application has become non-routine after CIT 0520......

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
MP said my application has become non-routine after CIT 0520......
Just by virtue of having received CIT 0520? I assumed my application was non-routine as well when I got the form.
The label "non-routine" means very, very little. In itself is has ZERO effect on the processing of the application other than it means the "routine" processing timelines no longer apply. But the routine processing timelines do not mean much either, other than they are very general, vague and unenforced guidelines, giving applicants some indistinct sense of how long most applications have been taking.

The label "non-routine" only means the application has been subject to some procedure outside those done in the mainstream process. (See exception re PI interviews below.) Even a Fingerprint request makes the application non-routine.

What matters is the particular non-routine procedure. FP requests have minimal impact on processing timelines for most of those who get this (noting that for some, however, the FP request is about more than verifying identity and may have been triggered by concerns which could have a big impact on the timeline; if the FP request was triggered by security concerns, for example, that could mean rather lengthy delays). RQ-related non-routine processing, including the CIT 0520, will generally slow processing by at least a couple to four months, but the actual impact in the particular case will vary greatly, depending on the nature of concerns IRCC has and the scope of the RQ-related processing; so the impact can range from just a couple months longer timeline to many months, or even years (such as an application involving full-blown RQ and a presence-case that ends up going to a hearing with a Citizenship Judge).

In the meantime, unfortunately IRCC appears to largely employ the label to divert questions about why a case is taking so long, it for sure being one of their most common responses to perceived "are we there yet?" inquiries (blaming Covid and all applications are encountering some delays is another of the go-to-don't-bother-us-about-your-processing-time-delay responses).

Exception re PI interviews: Even though not all applicants are required to participate in a PI interview, being scheduled for an interview does not mean the application is labeled non-routine. The PI interview is part of the routine process; the regulations and operational guidelines call for all adult applicants to be interviewed; and prior to measures taken in response to Covid, all adult applicants were interviewed. It is not clear that IRCC will fully resume the interview for all applicants, but it is likely to continue to be part of routine processing even if applied selectively rather than to all. That said, for most of those affected, being scheduled for the interview will result in a longer processing time . . . so it might as well be labeled "non-routine;" for most, unless the interview is followed by other non-routine procedures, being required to participate in an interview should have a minimal impact on the overall timeline, comparable perhaps to the FP request.

Aurora21

Aug 6, 2021
I got CIT 0520 about two days after I had an interview in August. The interview request was a total surprise to me- wish I had brought more proof of my residency to the interview. But I took the test in Canada, I have been a PR for a little over 20 years and my travel history is light. I live in Canada, period. Not sure why they thought my residency was suspect.

What office sent you the interview request?

Hope your application moves again soon.
May I ask what they asked in the first interview in August? Did they told you about their decision in that interview?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Just got my CBSA entry and exit records and sent to the local office to prove my residency.
Tell them IRCC requests you to submit within 30 days so that CBSA doesn't delay your request.
Let's see.

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
Just got my CBSA entry and exit records and sent to the local office to prove my residency.
Tell them IRCC requests you to submit within 30 days so that CBSA doesn't delay your request.
Let's see.
Did IRCC ask you for the CBSA entry and exit records? Or were you just being proactive and sent it to them?

Reactions: Dreamlad

wink

May 25, 2021
Let's see.
Is all your Exits have matching Enters? or there are some missing entries? CBSA seems to miss land border entries sometimes, resulting in two consecutive (US) Enters.

Reactions: Dreamlad