+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC - Speak to Supervisor of Managerial Level

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to speak to a supervisor or a manager instead of agent when calling CIC?
How can we reach them ?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazamizi said:
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to speak to a supervisor or a manager instead of agent when calling CIC?
How can we reach them ?
Don't think it is possible as call centre agents are scattered around the country and they're just front line info desk peeps. You could however write to The CIC center that is processing your case and say whatever you wish to say. Another is to write to the CIC Ministry's Communication Chief Mr. Chris Day either via his email or via twitter: @CDayOttawa

Good luck

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response.
But you think if anybody from CIC gets it back to me ?

Rayan14 said:
Don't think it is possible as call centre agents are scattered around the country and they're just front line info desk peeps. You could however write to The CIC center that is processing your case and say whatever you wish to say. Another is to write to the CIC Ministry's Communication Chief Mr. Chris Day either via his email or via twitter: @ CDayOttawa

Good luck

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
No. First of all, it's a governmental institution. It is not a crown corporation, where service delivery for the sake of benefit maximization or customer retention is at the heart of its operation. Second, the "manager" as you call it, would be technically a supervisor, or team lead, or some PMO at best, who works with our applications at a higher level, if not by micro-managing. Therefore, to help save you a pratfall, I'd advise you pursue alternate routes: wait, wait, call, wait, etc.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whatever ^^^^ said.

Try employing your local MP. They've a staff in their constituency affairs offices whom you can speak with. He/she will take your info and contact the CIC on your behalf.

sazamizi said:
Thanks for your response.
But you think if anybody from CIC gets it back to me ?

janoo

May 16, 2014
If your processing time is over you have following ways :-

-contact MP and they will follow your case...

-contact CIC and they will write to your local office and follow the issue.

-contact Law firm if you can afford and file a writ for mandamus

Yes CIC will write back or call if they have some urgent information alternative

the process will be same once your file granted they send you oath letter etc..

depend on your current status of your file... if you write your time line this will help

to check the current status.... also did you order atip report.....

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really appreciate all your comments guys which are mostly helpful.

I started this topic as for a long while I was thinking how can contact the superior levels to CIC agents. At some point, I think CIC should be informed of how its agents are working.
For example, when they keep saying to Citizenship applicants " Check website or you file is in progress" so what's the point of having them and paying them from tax payers' money? They can just close/limit CIC call centre and hire new judges to accelerate the process.
When I'm asking very basic questions and the agents says " I can't explain that or this" so what's the point of using this service. I am a customer , I have paid for a service and I need somebody can give me correct information. They ignore applicants' questions and even they don't refer us to a higher person.
I think they are making major gaffes and CIC should be officially informed of this behaviour.

Hope my point is clear now.

All the best,
S.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Agreed but helpless we have to live with the system, will vote for another party

who take care of immigrant...

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
100% agree with you !
Who cares immigrants in this current system !??

janoo said:
Agreed but helpless we have to live with the system, will vote for another party

who take care of immigrant...

Cancan_2014

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
sazamizi said:
I really appreciate all your comments guys which are mostly helpful.

I started this topic as for a long while I was thinking how can contact the superior levels to CIC agents. At some point, I think CIC should be informed of how its agents are working.
For example, when they keep saying to Citizenship applicants " Check website or you file is in progress" so what's the point of having them and paying them from tax payers' money? They can just close/limit CIC call centre and hire new judges to accelerate the process.
When I'm asking very basic questions and the agents says " I can't explain that or this" so what's the point of using this service. I am a customer , I have paid for a service and I need somebody can give me correct information. They ignore applicants' questions and even they don't refer us to a higher person.
I think they are making major gaffes and CIC should be officially informed of this behaviour.

Hope my point is clear now.

All the best,
S.
we r not customers. Citizenship is not a product but a privilage that comes with responsibilities. Yes their practices are questionable but you cannot think this situation as a customer /consumer of product or service.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reviewing a citizenship application is a paid service that can finally result in accepting or refusing . As an applicant , each of us has rights to deeply follow up this long procedure and CIC has to take responsibility to respond.
No 2, if you think Canada is doing you a favor by giving you the Canadian citizenship, I don't agree with you my friend.

Cancan_2014 said:
we r not customers. Citizenship is not a product but a privilage that comes with responsibilities. Yes their practices are questionable but you cannot think this situation as a customer /consumer of product or service.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
sazamizi said:
100% agree with you !
Who cares immigrants in this current system !??
If all the immigrants withdraw their savings from the Canadian banks, government will start to care about us.

Cancan_2014

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
sazamizi said:
Reviewing a citizenship application is a paid service that can finally result in accepting or refusing . As an applicant , each of us has rights to deeply follow up this long procedure and CIC has to take responsibility to respond.
No 2, if you think Canada is doing you a favor by giving you the Canadian citizenship, I don't agree with you my friend.
dont get me wrong my friend. My point is that we as applicatns should not expect much courtesy from cic. Anyways goodluck :)

capt_ahmed

Feb 10, 2014
Cancan_2014 said:

We are Customers! CIC is a federal department to serve Canadians and residents of Canada like any other federal department.
Call center agents and CIC employees are Federal public servants. If someone feels not satisfied about the level of service provided, he shall complain.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like you have unrealistic expectations with respect to what the agents can actually do and the scope of information available to them.

95% of the CIC call centre agents I've spoken to have been absolutely great to deal with, which is kind of surprising because they are, after all, unionized government bureaucrats.