+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC said BOWP cannot be done online?

ningsih

Dec 30, 2013
I've read many posts here which have been very helpful but today I've become very confused after speaking to the CIC call center.

My wp expires in February 2014 and I have just been recently laid off. My severance runs out at the end of January and I am being challenged with applying for another position with a new employer since my wp is restricted to my previous employer only.

I did receive my initial approval on my PR application under the CEC program in November and I meet all the conditions to be eligible for a bridging open working permit. I completed all forms and saved the application to come back later to make the payment, when I returned I clicked on 'continue application' but I keep getting redirected to a page stating that the online services are down - this has been over a week.
I called the help centre today to make them aware of the technical difficulties and explained that I needed to apply online since the processing time would be 19 days vs 50 sending it in by mail. Considering the time constraints I'm facing, not being able to confirm my date of availability during a job interview, or worse case scenario having to apply for EI but my status changing in February I rather not want to apply by mail.

Now I've read that many have applied online but today I was told that I can't apply online for a BOWP when I'm under the CEC program, he even told me that it will cause implications in the long run.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Any advice is much appreciated!

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ningsih said:
I've read many posts here which have been very helpful but today I've become very confused after speaking to the CIC call center.

My wp expires in February 2014 and I have just been recently laid off. My severance runs out at the end of January and I am being challenged with applying for another position with a new employer since my wp is restricted to my previous employer only.

I did receive my initial approval on my PR application under the CEC program in November and I meet all the conditions to be eligible for a bridging open working permit. I completed all forms and saved the application to come back later to make the payment, when I returned I clicked on 'continue application' but I keep getting redirected to a page stating that the online services are down - this has been over a week.
I called the help centre today to make them aware of the technical difficulties and explained that I needed to apply online since the processing time would be 19 days vs 50 sending it in by mail. Considering the time constraints I'm facing, not being able to confirm my date of availability during a job interview, or worse case scenario having to apply for EI but my status changing in February I rather not want to apply by mail.

Now I've read that many have applied online but today I was told that I can't apply online for a BOWP when I'm under the CEC program, he even told me that it will cause implications in the long run.

Does anyone know anything more about this? Any advice is much appreciated!
Who told u that you cant apply online for BOWP when your application is under CEC...? Dont believe these things unless u read it on CIC website...I am not sure if their server is down...But wait for a day or two..they will able to get every thing online and then apply. I saw other users are dealing with same issue..dont worry it will be back online soon..just give it some time...if CIC had changed any thing they will give it on website. Keep checking this forum some will post a solution soon

ramkpp

Oct 21, 2013
You can delete the current application and start from the scratch by filling the questionnaire again. Infact, I faced the same issue couple of days and finally applied online by starting from the scratch

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
CIC call centre agents are notorious for giving out bad information

you can apply for BOWP if you've applied for CEC.
it is not detrimental to your application in any way.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
As long as the system is letting you apply, I would suggest you apply.

But in near future, they might stop the online service, since CIC is trying to cut CEC streams slowly.

bhopali

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-04-2015 @ YYZ
iamroth said:

But in near future, they might stop the online service, since CIC is trying to cut CEC streams slowly.
Is this your own assumptions that CIC is trying to cut CEC streams.. Pls do not encroach your thoughts to the forum without any solid reference.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iamroth said:

Can u give proof for your statement

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
It's true, the guy who delivers my lawyer's sandwiches heard it from another guy.

Don't see how making BOWP applications paper-only has any effect on the CEC intake though.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
LPS said:
It's true, the guy who delivers my lawyer's sandwiches heard it from another guy.

Don't see how making BOWP applications paper-only has any effect on the CEC intake though.
Can't they simply reduce the number of intakes rather
Than doing BOWP paper application

ningsih

Dec 30, 2013
ramkpp said:
You can delete the current application and start from the scratch by filling the questionnaire again. Infact, I faced the same issue couple of days and finally applied online by starting from the scratch
Thank you all for your replies!

I went ahead and deleted the existing application and created a new one and completed it in one go and it let me submit it successfully.
I still don't understand why the CIC call center representative provided me with that information but I guess time will tell now if I get my BOWP.

For those that experience similar technical difficulties with the online service, I would recommend to do the same. It looks like the system is a bit jiffy.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
ningsih said:

I went ahead and deleted the existing application and created a new one and completed it in one go and it let me submit it successfully.
I still don't understand why the CIC call center representative provided me with that information but I guess time will tell now if I get my BOWP.

For those that experience similar technical difficulties with the online service, I would recommend to do the same. It looks like the system is a bit jiffy.
CIC Call center dont believe them..they are looseless people who dont have any idea wat they tell people..I lost 12 month waiting time and have to wait for PR for another 12 month and first PR application was rejected ..because of I listen to their advise..I was short of 10 days as they counted my exp from convocation..any ways...advise to all forum users..even if Call center people tell u some thing..confirm from the users here they can guide u better

ramkpp

Oct 21, 2013
ningsih said:

Good that your issue is resolved. If I remember correctly, I faced this issue when I started editing the questionnaire couple of times. Have you done the same?

ningsih

Dec 30, 2013
Yes, I saved the application several times and modified a couple of questions, I guess the system didn't like that.

Ps. Agree with gladaki..I have gathered so much valuable information from this forum.

PRhopeful2014

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 06, 2016
AOR Received.
Jun-29-2016
gladaki said:
Can't they simply reduce the number of intakes rather
Than doing BOWP paper application
LPS was being sarcastic gladaki, i think.