+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC has made some Change for Master or Professional degree

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I have seen that CIC has made some changes in CRS. Earlier it was mentioned that they accept all professions which need license to practice and are also listed in NOC A. I have done bachelor of chemical engineering - 4 yr program which comes under NOC A. Earlier it was mentioned as below:

University-level credential at the Master's level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree. CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required.

Now it is coming like this --->
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)

My question now is that will bachelor of chemical engineering will come under this Master Or Professional degree or not. I will appreciate your comments.

Regards

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
rishirga said:
Hello Everyone,

I have seen that CIC has made some changes in CRS. Earlier it was mentioned that they accept all professions which need license to practice and are also listed in NOC A. I have done bachelor of chemical engineering - 4 yr program which comes under NOC A. Earlier it was mentioned as below:

University-level credential at the Master's level OR an entry-to-practice professional degree. CIC only accepts as an entry-to-practice professional degree, those degrees issued in relation to an occupation listed at NOC Skill level A and for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required.

Now it is coming like this --->
Master's degree, OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession (For “professional degree,” the degree program must have been in: medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, optometry, law, chiropractic medicine, or pharmacy.)

My question now is that will bachelor of chemical engineering will come under this Master Or Professional degree or not. I will appreciate your comments.

Regards
Hello.
No. Only up mentioned qualifications fall under professional degree. Your occupation is not regulated.
Good luck

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
I have done my Eca from pebc which is pharmacy board in canada and they give me credits as bachelor of pharmacy in canada so can i use that eca to get 126 points as i am married and pharmacy profession comes under this catogry???

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Jaiveer Singh said:
What about MBA?
MBA is a professional degree. But does not come under regulated profession like lawyer, doctor. Seems confusing. If anyone has any news regarding MBA please will you share?

rishirga

Jul 19, 2012
Engineering is definitely a professional degree as it require license in each state to practice any how before they had mentioned that what soever falls under NOC A will be considered. Now they have molded the language only for certain professions.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SMCANADAVISA said:
MBA is a professional degree. But does not come under regulated profession like lawyer, doctor. Seems confusing. If anyone has any news regarding MBA please will you share?
My two friends got 126 points(not sure) for MBA now have they changed the criteria?

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I got 135 points for my MBA (no spouse).

Confuzed

Feb 18, 2015
WES Mapped my 2 year full time MBA (India) as equivalent to Canadian Masters. So I got 126 (with spouse). Hope this helps.

FAK

Mar 12, 2015
Confuzed said:
WES Mapped my 2 year full time MBA (India) as equivalent to Canadian Masters. So I got 126 (with spouse). Hope this helps.
WES Mapped my 2 yrs weekend program MBA (Pakistan) as equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's 4 yr. So i got 112 (With Spouse).
can any one suggest why is dat so?

N_Rider

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
May 27
Med's Done....
Sept 9
Passport Req..
Nov 18
LANDED..........
soon
Hi y'all,

I've done B.Pharm degree. I've got it ECAed by WES as I'm not applying with Pharmacist as a primary occupation. The thing is, WES report says it's equivalent to just a Bachelor's degree (four years) (128 education points in CRA) and not a professional degree that's needed to practice in a licensed profession (135 points).

I'm in dilemma cuz if I use WES, I can only get 128 as opposed to PEBC which can get me 135 points. But I can't use PEBC report as my primary occupation isn't Phamacist in CEC experience!!!

CIC says if you're applying as a pharmacist, PEBC MUST do ECA. Can we interpret this as: if you're not applying as a pharmacist, PEBC can do ECA in addition to other approved evaluators.??

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
B.Eng Engineering degree is not a entry to profession degree (so as Master and PhD in engineering) despite engineering is a profession. because you are not a professional engineer when you graduate. You also need 4 year of work experiences as EIT and pass the Exam.

As oppose to a doctor when s/he gets the degree, s/he is a professional doctor.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FAK said:
WES Mapped my 2 yrs weekend program MBA (Pakistan) as equivalent to Canadian Bachelor's 4 yr. So i got 112 (With Spouse).
can any one suggest why is dat so?
They look at the number of credit hours, the courses taken, the requirement for a thesis and the type of thesis in decided whether the degree is equivalent to a Canadian one.