Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_Rider said:
Hi y'all,

I've done B.Pharm degree. I've got it ECAed by WES as I'm not applying with Pharmacist as a primary occupation. The thing is, WES report says it's equivalent to just a Bachelor's degree (four years) (128 education points in CRA) and not a professional degree that's needed to practice in a licensed profession (135 points).

I'm in dilemma cuz if I use WES, I can only get 128 as opposed to PEBC which can get me 135 points. But I can't use PEBC report as my primary occupation isn't Phamacist in CEC experience!!!

CIC says if you're applying as a pharmacist, PEBC MUST do ECA. Can we interpret this as: if you're not applying as a pharmacist, PEBC can do ECA in addition to other approved evaluators.??
You've incorrectly assessed your degree. WES cannot evaluate your degree accurately because they don't have the capacity to do so. WES can't assess degrees obtained via Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy etc as those are regulated by professional bodies and hence they are the ones to assess these degrees. Your degree should have been assessed by PEBC as CIC rightly stated regardless of if you're using it or not. I can assure you that if you submit the assessment by WES with your application, you'll just be wasting your time.

Reactions: lost_identity

N_Rider

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
May 27
Med's Done....
Sept 9
Passport Req..
Nov 18
LANDED..........
soon
Anya654 said:
You've incorrectly assessed your degree. WES cannot evaluate your degree accurately because they don't have the capacity to do so. WES can't assess degrees obtained via Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy etc as those are regulated by professional bodies and hence they are the ones to assess these degrees. Your degree should have been assessed by PEBC as CIC rightly stated regardless of if you're using it or not. I can assure you that if you submit the assessment by WES with your application, you'll just be wasting your time.
FriendS of mine have done WES evaluation but they only got 128 points for highest education. They've still got an invitation and successfully have their application approved. I'm at 436. I wanna work this out in view of getting 7 more points to make it to 135. This means I'll be at 443.

Anyways I have PEBC evaluation done too. I did WES cuz what I interpret from CIC website is that only those applying as Pharmacist must get it done by PEBC.

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
FriendS of mine have done WES evaluation but they only got 128 points for highest education. They've still got an invitation and successfully have their application approved. I'm at 436. I wanna work this out in view of getting 7 more points to make it to 135. This means I'll be at 443.

Anyways I have PEBC evaluation done too. I did WES cuz what I interpret from CIC website is that only those applying as Pharmacist must get it done by PEBC.
Hey!. How many points did you gather after evaluating your documents through PEBC? 120 or 135 (single)! And what did the ECA report from PEBC state as your Canadian equivalent?