Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Re: Child Support

tala14 said:
My husband is a canadian citizen and now is planning to sponsors us ( me & our child) under the family class.. the problem is, he didn't pay the child support court-order over a year due to he lost his job and medical conditions.. Will it affect our application about child support? if yes, what should we do to settle this problem and what office he should go in canada?? please kindly help us to ressolve this problem of ours..
He won't be able to sponsor you and a child if he is behind on child support payments. If he can't afford to support his children, how can he afford to support (read sponsor) a wife and another child to come to Canada?

He MUST clear up the past due support issues he has before you two even think about filing a spousal sponsorship application.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
starlight007 said:
Hi .. I just want to ask, how can I get a child support from my ex-husband? Well legally speaking we are still married in our country Philippines, unfortunately we're divorced way back 2012. He has now a family of his own in Canada. Unfortunately our daughter was diagnosed of having a polyp which could eventually lead to cancer. He knows everything about our daughters condition but he didn't even bother to extend any help for operation... Can someone out there give me an advice? Badly needed it to prolong my daughter's life.. :(
Are you in Canada as well? If you are then file for child support with whatever local agency deals with that in your province.

If you are not in Canada as well then I suspect you are at the mercy of whatever passes for courts and laws in your country. You can try to file a court case where you are at and if you are lucky they might send that paperwork to Canada and request he make payments.

tala14

Apr 9, 2012

tala14 said:
My husband is a canadian citizen and now is planning to sponsors us ( me & our child) under the family class.. the problem is, he didn't pay the child support court-order over a year due to he lost his job and medical conditions.. Will it affect our application about child support? if yes, what should we do to settle this problem and what office he should go in canada?? please kindly help us to ressolve this problem of ours..

tala14

Apr 9, 2012

Alurra71 said:
He won't be able to sponsor you and a child if he is behind on child support payments. If he can't afford to support his children, how can he afford to support (read sponsor) a wife and another child to come to Canada?

He MUST clear up the past due support issues he has before you two even think about filing a spousal sponsorship application.
how can he resettle to pay his child support payment? where he should go to resettle and continue his payment for the child support??? I really need help and advice.. thanks

starlight007

Oct 11, 2014
I am not in canada unfortunately :( I tried to seek some legal advice in our country but they can't help me still bec husband is still in canada.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
starlight007 said:
Hi .. I just want to ask, how can I get a child support from my ex-husband? Well legally speaking we are still married in our country Philippines, unfortunately we're divorced way back 2012. He has now a family of his own in Canada. Unfortunately our daughter was diagnosed of having a polyp which could eventually lead to cancer. He knows everything about our daughters condition but he didn't even bother to extend any help for operation... Can someone out there give me an advice? Badly needed it to prolong my daughter's life.. :(
To me, your wording implies that you are still in the Philippines. Since the father is in Canada, he doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the Philippine courts. You would need a Canadian court order to garnish his wages. If it's even possible, which I don't believe it is, your legal fees alone would be more than enough to cover the child's medical costs in the Philippines.

All the best.

starlight007

Oct 11, 2014
I don't have means of hiring a law lawyer to protects our rights in canada , yes having enough money , i'd rather chose to use it in daughter's medication but that isn't the case, my salary isn't enough to pay for everything, i just thought that the court order in alberta would be my hope to collect :(

tala14

Apr 9, 2012

tala14 said:

tala14

Apr 9, 2012

tala14 said:
My husband is a canadian citizen and he is now planning to sponsors us ( me & our child) under the family class.. the problem is, he didn't pay the child support court-order over a year due to he lost his job and medical conditions.. Will it affect our application about child support? if yes, what should we do to resettle and repayment the child support... In what office he should go for the resettlement payment in canada?? please kindly help us to ressolve this problem of ours.. Because we really wanted to be together and our child really need his presence, love and care..

tala14

Apr 9, 2012

tala14 said:
My husband is a canadian citizen and he is now planning to sponsors us ( me & our child) under the family class.. the problem is, he didn't pay the child support court-order over a year due to he lost his job and medical conditions.. Will it affect our application about child support? if yes, what should we do to resettle this problem about child support and in what office he should go for the resettlement of payment in canada?? please kindly help us to ressolve this problem of ours.. Because we wanted to be together and our child really need his presence, love and care too..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014

tala14 said:
how can he resettle to pay his child support payment? where he should go to resettle and continue his payment for the child support??? I really need help and advice.. thanks
he needs to go to the court that ordered him to pay the child support, write a check to his ex in the amount that's owed, and have the court document he paid. if he has a divorce attorney that helped him, then it's best he talks to his attorney about how to make good on his child support payments. i'm not sure if you meant to quote yourself 3 times in the same minute, so please stop. doing so will not get you more answers to your question, it will do the opposite actually. give people time to answer your question before asking it over and over again.

starlight007

Oct 11, 2014
Can anyone help me regarding of child support? my husband didn't pay for it since july. I contacted the MEP but they can't help me bec I'm not in Canada but we have a court order of when he's going to send but his not doing his obligation or part. :'(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
starlight007 said:
Can anyone help me regarding of child support? my husband didn't pay for it since july. I contacted the MEP but they can't help me bec I'm not in Canada but we have a court order of when he's going to send but his not doing his obligation or part. :'(
Your only option is to retain a lawyer in Canada to file a case through the Canadian courts. There is no other way.

tala14

Apr 9, 2012

tala14 said:
My husband is a canadian citizen and he is now planning to sponsors us ( me & our child) under the family class.. the problem is, he didn't pay the child support court-order over a year due to he lost his job and medical conditions.. Will it affect our application about child support? if yes, what should we do to resettle this problem about child support and in what office he should go for the resettlement of payment in canada?? please kindly help us to ressolve this problem of ours.. Because we wanted to be together and our child really need his presence, love and care too..