+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Check cashed on October 9....No AOR yet.

jizzyjarguar

Jul 15, 2008
Hey guys....My check was cashed on the 9th of October....No AOR yet....what does that mean? PMM, Leon, Members please respond....I'm very curious.

Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jizzyjarguar said:
Hey guys....My check was cashed on the 9th of October....No AOR yet....what does that mean? PMM, Leon, Members please respond....I'm very curious.

Thanks in advance.
Nothing really, some offices an AOR in 4 weeks, some 4 months, if they cashed the cheque they have your application.

PMM

ghiaskhan

Well encashing cheque doesnt indicate as to when an AOR will be sent by the CIC office.Some offices conduct initial checks and then write to you about any deficiency in your application.Once deficiencies are made good, an AOR will follow. Different CIC offices conduct differently accordingly timings vary.

jizzyjarguar

Jul 15, 2008
Hi Ghiaskhan....My application was sent to the Buffalo office.......Im a US resident.......Do you know how and when they send out the AOR after cheque has been cashed.........I thought the checks are fully done before they cash the cheque.I feel that if they see any deficiency they will probably not cash the cheque? correct me if im wrong..........Waiting for your response.

skhzkausar

Star Member
Aug 4, 2008
Calgary
I posted my application on the 1st of july and received my file number on the 22nd of october.I logged on the CIC website to check my status and it states that my application process started on the 9th of october and is still in progress.

so I guess your process might have started on the 9th??

jizzyjarguar

Jul 15, 2008
I hope mine started processing the day they cashed my cheque........which is on the 9th of october......This immigration thing is really frustrating.....A lot of twist and turns....

C

cchabert

Hey jizzyjarguar, 5 months here, have a beer and relax is not our time yet

C

cchabert

Ok guys I just got the letter from CIC, I GOT MY AOR!!!! the date on the letter said Oct 29 2008, they received my application on June 16 2008 so do the math.

The letter said that they are in changes and they will inform me about the new rules as soon they have them.

Also on Friday I got the package on the mail to apply on AINP, let see which one comes faster.