11-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
11-08-2014
MRS SAM said:
when ur baby born apply for baby's citizenship certificate and apply for passport,,and mean while if ur soo lucky and ur wify get ppr then u can also apply for temperary travel documents for baby
Many Thanks

Jun 3, 2013
hubby chubby said:
Tips for members who are applying for TRV.

Hi Everyone,

If you remember I posted a reply on Nov. 2011 on this topic. I am from Canada and my wife is in Pakistan (please see my initial reply in this topic). I finally applied for her visit visa after through study of instructions and you know what I was surprised to know that SHE GOT THE TRV even without any interview. So now I am in a position to say that do your home work first and do it in such a way that visa officer has to think twice before making a negative decision. Don't be dis-hearted because of the negative comments of other people who are saying that ITS ALMOST IMPPOSIBLE FOR SPOUSE TO GET TRV DURING SPOUSE SPONSOR CASE TIME. I have seen someone applied even 3 times and every time they were rejected, no body is ready to accept the fact that they were not able to satisfy the visa officer IN EITHER OF THREE MAJOR AREAS which help them in issuing or refusing the visa; 1) provide documents 2) explain the purpose of their visit 3) Explaining why they would leave Canada.

Here is how I did my home work. I am trying to explain above three main points which I believe made my wife's application successful:
I took the help of cic's website ( search invitation letter on cic webpage ) to draft an invitation letter. I provided each and every information which they want in the invitation letter. I got this letter notarized from Canada.
I wrote a separate letter to my wife asking her to come to Canada (purpose of visit was quite explanatory in that letter). This was notarized too.
For “A written and signed promise of your financial support”: I did three things, firstly I referred to my Sponsorship Agreement under which I am fully responsible for all her expenses even on TRV (attached the copy) and secondly I drafted an independent affidavit / undertaking clearly mentioning my obligation for her financial needs and support during her visit to Canada. I got it Notarized too and thirdly I explained that I have a good regular salary which is sufficient to support my wife's expenses but I also have C$23,000 in my saving account just to meet any unforeseen expenses during visit.

Purpose of Visit:
If you notice that space in visa application form for the Purpose of visit is very very limited. No one can explain the purpose in few letters, so I simply wrote “Family Visit” in that field but in my invitation letter, I wrote one full paragraph explaining the purpose of the visit.

Why she would leave Canada:
With due apology to all those who are saying they our partner's visit visa was refused during spouse sponsor case processing, I believe most of the people make a big mistake here in this very important section. In order TO SHOW HER TIES IN PAKISTAN, I gave the heading “Why she would leave Canada” and wrote another paragraph in the Invitation Letter explaining that she is a full time student of B.Ed. (attached her last semester result card, current semester fees, and roll number slip for the upcoming exam). I also mentioned that her final semester is in Nov. 2012 and she would be coming back to Pakistan to continue her education. I also mentioned here that we would never ever jeopardize our long term benefit of her legal admittance in Canada as permanent resident over a short term benefit of over stay and assured visa officer that I will update Canadian High Commission Islamabad upon her return to Pakistan with copy of her air tickets, boarding passes, and copy of exit / entry stamps on passport as an update to her immigration case (with reference to Question 25 and 27 of IMM-5490). Sorry to say if you don't explain this important factor, don't expect visa....

Documents attached:
1) copy of my PR card
2) copy of my last 3 pay stubs
3) copy of my latest T4 slip
4) copy of my latest Notice of Accessment from Canada Revenue
5) original letter from employer
6) original letter from Member Parliament
7) original bank statement showing around C$23,000 in my saving account
Cool copy of my sponsor approval letter from Mississauga
9) copy of my Sponsorship Agreement (which was signed and attached in spouse sponsor case)
10) original undertaking / affidavit for her financial support during the visit
11) copy of her last semester result, fee paid for the next semester, roll number slip / date sheet
12) her 2 x recent photos as per CIC specifications
13) her NADRA ID card's copy with certified English translation
14) her travel itinerary showing the same date which I mentioned in the invitation letter
15) copy of our NADRA marriage certificate
16) copy of our joint bank account in Pakistan
17) copy of my life insurance showing her as my sole beneficiary

Case was submitted through Gerry's Visa Service on 22-Feb and it was delivered in CHC Islamabad on 23-Feb. We finally received emai / SMS notification / call from Gerry's office on 4th May that your passport has arrived. We found visa was stamped and they returned all the documents with the passport. So they took about 72 days to make a decision on the visit visa case.

If someone may need any help in the invitation letter / list of documents attached / affidavit for financial support, I can provide them with the general template which I used. Remember its not guaranteed that if you provide all above documents as per my scheme you will be issued a visa, it all depends on the situation you presented in the papers e.g. purpose of visit: reception in Canada or another honeymoon or wedding anniversary etc. etc. provide all the documents in support of above situation which you presented in the purpose, and then explain in detail why the applicant will leave Canada (if student provide all possible proofs as I did, if working provide letter from employer, approved leaves and rejoining date after leaves, salary slips showing your income and designation and copy of your return ticket showing dates just before your leaves are ending).

I think I have explained the TRV application with ref to my wfie's TRV application, but still anything not yet clear email me or post a reply here and I will try my level best to help you.
Hi, Thanks a lot for this valuable information. I want to apply for a TRV for my parents and can you please share the template for 'Invitation Letter' and 'Affidavit for financial support' ?? i am new to this forum and not sure how to contact you directly, so posting on this forum. Thanks.

munirdba

Star Member
Nov 20, 2004
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2012
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
11-08-2014

ottawa_rockstar

May 28, 2013
letter from Member of Parliment........how did you get that , i mean is it easy to ask them to right them a letter in such scenario , pls assist

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
federalskilled2011 said:
Hi, Thanks a lot for this valuable information. I want to apply for a TRV for my parents and can you please share the template for 'Invitation Letter' and 'Affidavit for financial support' ?? i am new to this forum and not sure how to contact you directly, so posting on this forum. Thanks.
i think for parents they have seprate catogory super visa not trv

Bunty123

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga/Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-12
AOR Received.
31-10-12
File Transfer...
3-11-12
Passport Req..
Inshaa'Allah soon..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaa'Allah hoping for the best!
LANDED..........
Can't wait for that day!
Assalam.u.Alaikum everyone..

I want to ask senior members that if I want to send additional documents voluntarily, should I scan and mail them on email address or should I post them through courier? My file is in Ottawa.

Regards and prayers for all.

marimaq

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct 2011
Doc's Request.
aug 2012
AOR Received.
aug 2012
File Transfer...
jan 2012
Med's Request
june 2013
Passport Req..
june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
sep 2013
Hello everyone!

Can anyone please guide me about GCMS notes? How and from where do I order them?
Its been 15 months since my husband's file got transferred.

I have a immigration consultant can I still order the GCMS notes?

Thank you.

ottawa_rockstar

May 28, 2013
I am a bit confused here......everyone is mentioning their file transfer date , how do you know that?
when i check the status online there is no such information of file transfer there.....is it something you get information from gcms notes?
This is what written on the status: please assist. Thanks.

We received your application to sponsor on August 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Same here, 15 months and no contact

hubby chubby said:
Your status is normal, everyone gets the same showing on ecas.

Now you will have to wait it out. They will contact you when they need something or need you to update something.

They really dont have a timeline when they will contact you. Its a game of destiny and chance. (Like its been over 15 months for me no contact)

Others, got contact in 12.

BEST OF LUCK

MRS SAM

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2012
Visa Office......
London via Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 aug 12
Doc's Request.
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
22 oct 12
File Transfer...
25 oct 12
Med's Request
re medical 4 Dec 14
Med's Done....
12 Dec 14
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
05-07-2015
ottawa_rockstar said:
I am a bit confused here......everyone is mentioning their file transfer date , how do you know that?
when i check the status online there is no such information of file transfer there.....is it something you get information from gcms notes?
This is what written on the status: please assist. Thanks.

We received your application to sponsor on August 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 19, 2012.

We sent you a letter on October 19, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
ur file transfer date is 19 oct 2012

dora1234

Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-12-2011
Doc's Request.
5-09-2013 along with REPCC
File Transfer...
30-01-2012
Med's Request
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-09-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-04-2014 (ppr 1) and 12-06-2014 (ppr 2)
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
theshaikh said:
Same here, 15 months and no contact
16 months and no contact till now :(

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
W.salam

For best results, go both ways. Mail it and email scan the proofs. If you wanted to do only one way, then emailing is a good option.

Bunty123 said:
Assalam.u.Alaikum everyone..

I want to ask senior members that if I want to send additional documents voluntarily, should I scan and mail them on email address or should I post them through courier? My file is in Ottawa.

Regards and prayers for all.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
You can order notes online now. It is located on the cic website.

However, i believe since you have a consultant he/she is the only one who can order notes for you.

marimaq said:
Hello everyone!

Can anyone please guide me about GCMS notes? How and from where do I order them?
Its been 15 months since my husband's file got transferred.

I have a immigration consultant can I still order the GCMS notes?

Thank you.

vistazip

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Passport request on 16th may but still no reply can any share the same experience?How much further time should i wait?please reply any one?