Med's Done....
Dec 27,2011 & Dec 4, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Received stamped passport back Nov 12, 2014
LANDED..........
Insha'Allah on Dec 9, 2014
lol...I got an error message while posting on this thread that "you posted a reply from this IP address less than 15 seconds ago. Please try again later.." lol....I guess we can't be too efficient.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Naqibee said:
Welcome to the forum!
I applied in March 2012, almost 4 months after you did, to sponsor my husband but got decision made 4 months later in July 2012. So, I am happy to see how fast they transferred your file.

Yes it is absolutely normal not to hear anything for such a long time. I hate it but its the fact!

I don't think there is any harm in updating your address. I am not sure whether to call or email but please call the call center and speak to an agent about this.

I have not ordered the notes myself but I am planning to order them by July this year if I don't hear anything. Maybe other members can answer your question about how to order notes. Good luck....
Thanks so much for your reply and the welcome! :) If you do get any opinions about the ATIP please let me know, I want to do it once and right (under the right act). I know it's craazy but I was telling my hubby, that in the case of "info" I hope they don't just take the file pack it and send it back to us :S

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the wait. Hmmm...as for the first place I would take my hubby...I'd have to say Niagara Falls (wether permitting of course) especially at night. What about you?

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Wyz said:
I just found this forum and so glad I did. I'm sponsoring my husband who is in Pakistan (back when Processing time was still 26 months). Since lots of you here are experienced in the process, I wanted to ask a few opinions.

I submitted my application in November 2011 myself, made sure everything was complete, sent original documents of my husband and all photos, etc. About 2 weeks later, I got a phonecall from CIC asking to confirm my annual income. Thank god I had a copy of all the documents I sent and told them the exact figure. They told me on the spot that it has been approved in Missisauga now. My status became "In Process"

In January 2012, I got an email from CIC stating that they had received my application in November. 3 Days after that email, I got a letter "decision made" and the letter said that I had met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and that my file had been forwarded to the Islamabad High Commision Visa office.

I sat still and hung on tight. January 2013 came and I still heard nothing, so I called up the mayor and had a case worker there to help me figure out where it is. She gathered info and told me it was in CPP Ottawa.

1- Now it has been almost 14 months and I have not received a single message or anything from CIC. I was looking into the ATIP and Privacy Request where we can request info but I don't know which one to request my info under...the ATIP act or the Privacy Act? And what kind of info do they give you?

2- Also is this normal to hear so much in the first few months and not hear anything back for a very long time?

3- Does anyone here have their files in CPP Ottawa? Do you think they take longer than Islamabad or shorter time?

4- If I have a slight address change (municipality decided to add a word before my street name), should I update online or call...do you think calling will get them to pick up my file and be like "oh there is this file too" or they just get angry that they have to change my address slightly on everything?

Thanks so much in advance guys!!
Hi, I applied in the end of October 2011. They received my file on November 2, and it was transferred to Islamabad on Decemer 22. After that, I haven't heard from them at all, so I guess it's normal. :/ I'm not sure about your other questions, sorry. :)

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Naqibee said:
Please share the first place where you would take your spouse when they land in Canada. What is your first choice of place of vacation/leisure in Canada?
First place that comes to mind is Niagara Falls. It's beautiful and hey have some nice hotels there too, and other attractions.. I haven't been around enough to know other places to actually vacation in. For sight-seeing, there's always the CN Tower and the downtown area in general.

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Scarfie~ said:
Hi, I applied in the end of October 2011. They received my file on November 2, and it was transferred to Islamabad on Decemer 22. After that, I haven't heard from them at all, so I guess it's normal. :/ I'm not sure about your other questions, sorry. :)
Thanks for the reply. Happy to know several people are on the same boat as me!

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Naqibee said:
lol...I got an error message while posting on this thread that "you posted a reply from this IP address less than 15 seconds ago. Please try again later.." lol....I guess we can't be too efficient.
Hahah... I guess that's just there to prevent spamming and stuff :p

Naqibee

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
& RE-PCC Nov 24, 2013. Docs & PCC sent Nov 30, 2013
AOR Received.
Skipped
File Transfer...
July 18, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 27, 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Wyz said:
Thanks so much for your reply and the welcome! :) If you do get any opinions about the ATIP please let me know, I want to do it once and right (under the right act). I know it's craazy but I was telling my hubby, that in the case of "info" I hope they don't just take the file pack it and send it back to us :S

Glad to hear I'm not alone on the wait. Hmmm...as for the first place I would take my hubby...I'd have to say Niagara Falls (wether permitting of course) especially at night. What about you?
I am in Alberta, so Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise. Niagara Falls is also an option since my parents are in Toronto. Also, if my hubby arrives in winter then we are going skiing Insha'Allah!!

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Naqibee said:
Are you still waiting ???? What is your timeline DON2
yes more then 3 painful years
Case filed in Feb 2010
Interview Passed, Remed and Passport sent Nov 2012
Now still waiting for PP return.

Scarfie~

Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
DON2 said:
yes more then 3 painful years
Case filed in Feb 2010
Interview Passed, Remed and Passport sent Nov 2012
Now still waiting for PP return.
More than 3 years? :/ That's terrible. :( hopefully you get it soon inshAllah.

Ali.CA

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013 (Expected date)
QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED BACK THEIR PASSPORT

Did you send your passport with prepaid return envelope (as required by CIC in PPR) or you through normal courier?

I send my passport through normal TCS courier. My status changed to Decision Made on 17/03/2013 but I still not received back my passport.

Please reply!

@sabbi

@A-S-A

@hotshot

@disfrust

@Naqibee

@pointblank

@alone hubby of cute wife

Nadirzadah

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
re-25,09,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I hope fine every one!

Please help me because on 17 march 13 my son is brine in Canada,my wife is alone she have a lot of problem. I submit my passport on 28.01.13 stile now na think from CHC I am so composed about my passport and also my stats is Chang in prosse on 24.12.12 please replay,

Naqibee

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Skipped
File Transfer...
July 18, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 27, 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
disfrust said:
send ur passport thru tcs...it has been used by most members on dis forum. No specific instructions. tcs does not provide prepaid service...Send ur pp and once u get ur visa CHC will send it back by tcs or other courier service with COD (cash on delivery) instructions. this information was given but a forum member who recently sent n received his passport. hope dis helps
I am re-posting this comment for Ali.CA for clarification on using TCS to send PP. As you can see, CHC will send back your passport back with COD. By the way, I am not in the same league as the other names you posted. I have a loooong way to go as I applied to sponsor my husband 5 months after your application was filed. Maybe in August I will be singing the same song as you :))

Naqibee

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Skipped
File Transfer...
July 18, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 27, 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I-ask-u-why said:
For those waiting for return of PPR, this is how process goes.

Passport is sent to Immigration Officer who does the final review and orders the visa issuance

Then it is forwarded to Quality Assurance Unit which makes sure that the passport and the information is of the same person and pastes the visa sticker on passportt

Then it is forwarded to Clerical staff for courrier forwarding

Why it takes so long ........... there is an Immigration Officer involved (the scarce commodity)

Naqibee

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Skipped
File Transfer...
July 18, 2012
Med's Request
Nov 27, 2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Oct 31, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I-ask-u-why said:
CHC-ISB does not pay the return fee, the TCS guy collects it upon delivery of passport and TCS is not taking any advance payment for return of passport either. I know it through experience of my mother's passport return

Ali.CA

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013 (Expected date)
Naqibee said:
I am re-posting this comment for Ali.CA for clarification on using TCS to send PP. As you can see, CHC will send back your passport back with COD. By the way, I am not in the same league as the other names you posted. I have a loooong way to go as I applied to sponsor my husband 5 months after your application was filed. Maybe in August I will be singing the same song as you :))
Thanks...