+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Danny4450 said:
I am thinking to gather people from this forum who live in Toronto and GTA to attend this meeting. Although we probably know what exactly they would talk about, but still its a good opportunity to get in touch with eachother. Please let me know if how many of you would be able to attend this meeting? PM me or humpakwatankaylog if you are interested in attending it.

If u want everyone to come together u have to wait until city hall current protest is over.
Getting together does not make sense. We can get together even here.

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greetings from a new member but old silent reader.
Applied Nov 2009
AOR Jan2010
Still waiting...........

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Danny4450 said:
I am thinking to gather people from this forum who live in Toronto and GTA to attend this meeting. Although we probably know what exactly they would talk about, but still its a good opportunity to get in touch with eachother. Please let me know if how many of you would be able to attend this meeting? PM me or humpakwatankaylog if you are interested in attending it.

No harm in going and attending this meeting. It is good to learn what exactly are they going to talk about. What immigration matter is high on their priroity list. However, I have my reservations about this venue for us. It will not be very helpful to create a perception of US versus Them. This should not take shape of Islam versus Conservatives etc. it will not play well in general in the Canadian society. Clearly there are several muslim countries with very short timeline. For us to gain broader sympathy our issue of long time line shall be framed as a matter of fairness and and about the plight of honest tax paying Canadian citizens.

zain_k

Jan 13, 2012
Danny4450 said:
i dont see the this on their website. Can you please send me the link where this is posted on website so tht i can send it to other ppl i know.

i.Solo

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with Isrum. No harm at all to visit. Thanks your positive feedback

irsum said:
No harm in going and attending this meeting. It is good to learn what exactly are they going to talk about. What immigration matter is high on their priroity list. However, I have my reservations about this venue for us. It will not be very helpful to create a perception of US versus Them. This should not take shape of Islam versus Conservatives etc. it will not play well in general in the Canadian society. Clearly there are several muslim countries with very short timeline. For us to gain broader sympathy our issue of long time line shall be framed as a matter of fairness and and about the plight of honest tax paying Canadian citizens.

Chaand

Nov 9, 2011
*AFREEN* said:
If u want everyone to come together u have to wait until city hall current protest is over.
Getting together does not make sense. We can get together even here.
I strongly encourage all Pakistani Canadian Citizens and Residents to go to this meeting even if they don't have a spousal case filed. Our voice need to be heard, loud and clear. This will only happen if we have enough crowd to show the media how many Canadian Citizen's like us are being effected due to immigration process that is not working. I wish I was close by I would have loved to come to this meeting. We should have something similar in Edmonton or Calgary area. I hope all individuals who are starting this have the facts, the stats and proof of how this is unfair and not working for us. Also on the agenda we should not only list the problems but also propose solutions. The invitation should also be send
Sahebzada A. Khan
Consul General of Pakistan,
Toronto

After all this guy should be making the relationship better between two countries. I think he can play an important role if talked to properly. He than needs to take this to Miniter Kenny aka. A..s Hole ..

Anyways this was my two cents ...

I am excited you all are doing this ..

Good Luck and Cheers

sher786

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
11-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-05-2012
Hello everyone new member can someone tell me how far my case is here is my timeline
sponsorship approval received Fab/28/2011
File received at chc Islamabad March/11/2011
I was able to get my file # by asking them via email nothing after that
thanks everyone for helping each other

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sher786 said:
Hello everyone new member can someone tell me how far my case is here is my timeline
sponsorship approval received Fab/28/2011
File received at chc Islamabad March/11/2011
I was able to get my file # by asking them via email nothing after that
thanks everyone for helping each other
welcome ;D

Your case is at the start of the game.
did u get ur file number when u replied them?

read this :

Yes, it is a generic email that they send everyone, but they have generic email for every stage your file is in. For Instance:

1) Your file is in queue for initial review
2) Your file is in queue for review
3) Your file is in background checks
4) Your file is in queue to be reviewed by a decision making officer

1) Your file is in queue for initial review (you will keep receiving this reply until they look at your file for the first time after sending AOR ~9-12 months)
Once they do the initial review of the file, they look for missing documents. Does the file need extra supporting documents?? Does the marriage look genuine?? If in doubt they send a letter asking for missing/supporting documents they also send supplementary forms and a few other ones we have seen on this forum. They send a letter and put a Bring Forward date on the file. Until that date comes:

2) Your file is in queue for review (On the bring forward date the file is opened and gets checked for what was requested and if things requested are there it goes to the next stage could be the background checks, verification of documents etc. If the documents requested are not there, they put another BF date on the file.)

3) Your file is in background check (You will keep receiving this generic message until the background checks are done)
Hopefully everything is done by now except the background check and they notice the medical is expired and so is the PCC, here is another letter requesting those.

After they have everything they needed, the file status is:
4) Your file is in queue to be reviewed by a decision making officer. This is where they decide if the person needs to go through an interview or if the VO is convinced or the file to be rejected.

Then the letter is sent whether the file is refused ( with appeal instructions) , or Passport request for VISA to be stamped or an interview call.

yasir2k6

Jul 29, 2011
Visa Office......
Slowestbad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011
Passport Req..
PPR+Remed May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
DON2 said:
how 2 apply for caips?
someone else posted this info. i'm just passing this on to you. I have yet to order CAIPS notes myself. Hope this helps.

CAIPS COMPLETE GUIDE

Download IMM 5563B & IMM 5475E from CIC website.
Form IMM5563 : Access to Personal Information Form

Only these sections needs to be filled
1: Surname
2: First Name
3: Date of Birth
4: Access to Information ($5.00) - Only select Receive copies of the records.
5: Privacy Act(no Fees) Section - Only in English needs to selected
6: Request FOR- Demande Pour SECTION- Select only Caips
7: REQUIRED INFORMATION-RENSEIGNMENTS NECESSARIES SECTION - Only Embassy Name and Immigration file number to be mentioned
8: Request Detail by Canadian Citizen Section - Name, Phone Number, Address, Date & Signature of the person who is requesting CAIPS on behalf of you.

FORM IMM5475: Authority to release Personal Information to a Designated Individual

Only these sections needs to be filled out

1: Only Select " I Authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Border......to the following individual"
2: Section (1-4) Give all your details: Full Name, Date of Birth, Embassy Details & Immigration file number
3: Section (5-6) All Details of your designated individual who is in Canada. Designated Individual can be your spouse or anyone who u know in Canada. Give all his details Name, phone number, mailing address, email address etc
4: Section 7 : Applicant Signature and Signature of your Spouse or Common-Law Partner

If you are in Pakistan or Afghnistan then the applicant should fill the form and send the scanned copies to the person in Canada so that after signing it he/she can mail it.

In the end the person in Canada should attach one draft of $5.0 with these document the cheque/draft is payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" . Also needs to be attached in the copy of his/her Canadian Citizen Ship Card or Canadian Passport Page of your spouse or Designated Individual with this application.

All of these documents are to be mailed at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1. Telephone: 613-946-095

DON2

Jan 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yasir2k6 said:
someone else posted this info. i'm just passing this on to you. I have yet to order CAIPS notes myself. Hope this helps.

CAIPS COMPLETE GUIDE

Download IMM 5563B & IMM 5475E from CIC website.
Form IMM5563 : Access to Personal Information Form

Only these sections needs to be filled
1: Surname
2: First Name
3: Date of Birth
4: Access to Information ($5.00) - Only select Receive copies of the records.
5: Privacy Act(no Fees) Section - Only in English needs to selected
6: Request FOR- Demande Pour SECTION- Select only Caips
7: REQUIRED INFORMATION-RENSEIGNMENTS NECESSARIES SECTION - Only Embassy Name and Immigration file number to be mentioned
8: Request Detail by Canadian Citizen Section - Name, Phone Number, Address, Date & Signature of the person who is requesting CAIPS on behalf of you.

FORM IMM5475: Authority to release Personal Information to a Designated Individual

Only these sections needs to be filled out

1: Only Select " I Authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Border......to the following individual"
2: Section (1-4) Give all your details: Full Name, Date of Birth, Embassy Details & Immigration file number
3: Section (5-6) All Details of your designated individual who is in Canada. Designated Individual can be your spouse or anyone who u know in Canada. Give all his details Name, phone number, mailing address, email address etc
4: Section 7 : Applicant Signature and Signature of your Spouse or Common-Law Partner

If you are in Pakistan or Afghnistan then the applicant should fill the form and send the scanned copies to the person in Canada so that after signing it he/she can mail it.

In the end the person in Canada should attach one draft of $5.0 with these document the cheque/draft is payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" . Also needs to be attached in the copy of his/her Canadian Citizen Ship Card or Canadian Passport Page of your spouse or Designated Individual with this application.

All of these documents are to be mailed at the following address:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1. Telephone: 613-946-095
Thank yu but where to download these forms ????

sher786

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
11-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-05-2012
Thank you Afreen initially I emailed them for the status of my application and they replied with my file # yes I get the same answer every time
you're file is in queue for initial review

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sher786 said:
Thank you Afreen initially I emailed them for the status of my application and they replied with my file # yes I get the same answer every time
you're file is in queue for initial review
your most welcome. Just to let you know we all know they are torturing us if they want to finish our work they can but they don't want, so sending them emails after emails will make no difference. They will torture you more. At times you will not even get any reply back from ur email.
I think they are far behind with everyone's cases even I know some people that applied in 2009 and are still not done. Have patience and make duwa ( for everyone in this forum ) :)