Dont Need.
Passport Req..
March 15th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 22nd, 2012
LANDED..........
April 14th, 2012
Hi

I am new to this. I will make the long story short. I sponcered my wife currently reside in lahore. I am from Mississauga, Ontario.
AOR received from Missisauge in october 2010.
File Transfered to Islamabad end of october 2010.
Since then its Quite. No letters no sort of contact what so ever. I decided to ask you because you seems like more knowledgable about this sponcership.

The last thing is when i applied back in September 2010 for my wife. IT stated on CIC- that the process time for sponcership is 16 months, but now its gone up to 24 months as of today. Now i know it took you 19 months. For some people it took them 16 months from January 2010. But now is 24 months . Can you please tell me how long it will take for my process because its just quiet and also my wife updated her address but i still faxed them the old address again because i dont want them to send it to the new address. Can you please tell me what would be the time line and how long more i have to wait for this.

Thanks

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
People from Sept/Oct 2010 have started to receive their first request letters meaning their initial reviews are getting done. So you will probably hear soon from them and after the initial reviews it takes anywhere from 2-6 months on average for a simple case and if the case is complicated it can take longer and go up to 24months total.

MIKE9292 said:
Hi

I am new to this. I will make the long story short. I sponcered my wife currently reside in lahore. I am from Mississauga, Ontario.
AOR received from Missisauge in october 2010.
File Transfered to Islamabad end of october 2010.
Since then its Quite. No letters no sort of contact what so ever. I decided to ask you because you seems like more knowledgable about this sponcership.

The last thing is when i applied back in September 2010 for my wife. IT stated on CIC- that the process time for sponcership is 16 months, but now its gone up to 24 months as of today. Now i know it took you 19 months. For some people it took them 16 months from January 2010. But now is 24 months . Can you please tell me how long it will take for my process because its just quiet and also my wife updated her address but i still faxed them the old address again because i dont want them to send it to the new address. Can you please tell me what would be the time line and how long more i have to wait for this.

Thanks

sohailkhan

Sep 15, 2011
Guys can u tell me smethng

I am planning to get married soon. But only NIKAAH.not rukhsati yet. Because i cant stay in Pakistan.I am the oldest in my house and my father is not alive, so u guys should understand that why I can`t leave my house for a long time. I am living in Canada since 18 years. I was born in Pakistan and I was 1 when came to Canada. My wife is my cousin. So WILL THE ONLY NIKAAH WORK? I will provide pics and some other proof. PLease reply soon!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sohailkhan said:

I am planning to get married soon. But only NIKAAH.not rukhsati yet. Because i cant stay in Pakistan.I am the oldest in my house and my father is not alive, so u guys should understand that why I can`t leave my house for a long time. I am living in Canada since 18 years. I was born in Pakistan and I was 1 when came to Canada. My wife is my cousin. So WILL THE ONLY NIKAAH WORK? I will provide pics and some other proof. PLease reply soon!
Not unless you provide alot of proofs showing that your relationship is genuine. Lots of pictures of you two, including family and friends, outings together, call history, email history, fund transfer receipts etc. Since sept 2010(new policy was introduced) about 80-90% of nikah only/ phone nikah cases have received objection letter to provide more proofs. My suggestion to you would be to perform a full wedding including rukhsati and walima, but the deision is yours ofcourse!

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohailkhan said:

Sohail Bhai. Congratulation in advance. But as Wes bhai said I will also suggest you to perform full wedding otherwise there will be a really hardtime in sponsorship and you may ended up going again in PK for Rukhsati/Valima if you do Nikah wedding now. I truly understand your point and concern but other personal facts are not considered at CHC-I regardless how strong those factors are. I just gave up on them and visited PK in June to perform Rukhsati/Valima because there were 17 months passed and they were keeping file on side without processing any action on that due to Nikah base wedding only. Again decision is in your hands but we are here to help each other for the facts we know OR have gone through them.

sohailkhan

Sep 15, 2011
wes786 said:
Not unless you provide alot of proofs showing that your relationship is genuine. Lots of pictures of you two, including family and friends, outings together, call history, email history, fund transfer receipts etc. Since sept 2010(new policy was introduced) about 80-90% of nikah only/ phone nikah cases have received objection letter to provide more proofs. My suggestion to you would be to perform a full wedding including rukhsati and walima, but the deision is yours ofcourse!
but the thing is that I am going to Pak and perform the Nikah. Everything will be usual. We will go out for dinner and visitng places. But the only thing is that she wont move to my house. Whilst everything will be normal we will go out for dinner n spend some time together n all that. I will stay in Pak for 2-3 months after that.

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohailkhan said:
but the thing is that I am going to Pak and perform the Nikah. Everything will be usual. We will go out for dinner and visitng places. But the only thing is that she wont move to my house. Whilst everything will be normal we will go out for dinner n spend some time together n all that. I will stay in Pak for 2-3 months after that.
That is right bhai but on application it is riquired to choose YES NO on Reception (Valima) If you choose YES then further details need to provide;e.g date/event detail/no of attendees. Further they will cross check it with the provided pictures to see if Rukhsati & valima photos are attached. However if you choose NO as there is no Reception then they assume no Rukhsati being done and in detail they asked you to right future plan. Regradless you have spent time with your wife, we have a forum friend member "Became-A-Loner" here his friend performed Nikah base wedding and of course they stayed together and they have 1 baby also but after 1.5yr they received objection letter that marriage is not gennuine because no rukhsati (Reception/Valima) so his friend ended up visiting PK for rukhsati & valima even though they have a child.

Here is another thing you can do. Peform Nikah and live with your wife take lots of pictures submitt your application with writing future plan detail on Reception field that it is planed to be performed on xxx after 8 month date) and about 8 months after visit PK again and perform Rukhsati/Valima and send the proof of that so by the time after 10-11 months when they open your file for processing they will have evey thing on file. Choice is yours but this is the least option.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sohailkhan said:
I understand that and you understand that; Canadian Immigration DOESN'T. Have you looked at the sponsorship questionair? There is a question regarding wedding and wedding reception. If you say on there that you didn't have a wedding reception, and you don't provide an invitation card to them as a proof, no pictures from your valima or Rukhsati you will most likely to receive the objection. In their eyes, if you havn't performed a full pakistani wedding, including Nikah/Rukhsati/Valima, the wedding is incomplete and their mind goes towards that it could be just a paper marriage for immigration purposes unless you can prove from your past email history, call history that your relationship was ongoing and you just got married and will perform reception after. I am just talking from what I have seen in the past 2 years just by being on this forum and by studying hundreds of different cases.

As I said earlier that the decision is yours we are only here to look out for each other and advise. :) Good Luck!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Ok I have a question, and forgive me if I end up offending anyone by the end of this post. This is just tentative guesswork on my side.

So from my limited understanding of the concept of 'only Nikah and no Rukhsati', I believe that the bride's family insist on it (especially if the groom lives abroad), so that (Allah forbid), if kal ke dinn, something goes wrong, they could atleast get the girl married to someone else saying that it was only a Nikah case and nothing happened. Right? If this is the case (of course, other reasons are involved too), but this stance of the bride's side shows a 'lack of trust' in the groom. They are already making provisions for the future if the marriage does not work out.

Now if the two parties involved have room for doubting the other, then why would you expect CHC-ISB to accept the marriage as 100% genuine? To me, this makes sense when the VO sends out objection letters for cases like these.

Just my two cents...

sohailkhan

Sep 15, 2011
wes786 said:
I understand that and you understand that; Canadian Immigration DOESN'T. Have you looked at the sponsorship questionair? There is a question regarding wedding and wedding reception. If you say on there that you didn't have a wedding reception, and you don't provide an invitation card to them as a proof, no pictures from your valima or Rukhsati you will most likely to receive the objection. In their eyes, if you havn't performed a full pakistani wedding, including Nikah/Rukhsati/Valima, the wedding is incomplete and their mind goes towards that it could be just a paper marriage for immigration purposes unless you can prove from your past email history, call history that your relationship was ongoing and you just got married and will perform reception after. I am just talking from what I have seen in the past 2 years just by being on this forum and by studying hundreds of different cases.

As I said earlier that the decision is yours we are only here to look out for each other and advise. :) Good Luck!
Heyy bros ur helpin me alot here...thnkkkk u veryy muchh!! u guys answer my question,it feels like my father is supporting me.Now after reading ur replies i have another thing in mind.....How about if i do valimah after the nikah...cuz islam doesnt have any regards of how many times u do valima? like if i do a valima after the Nikah as well as after the rukhsati.....will it kinda work out??

sohailkhan

Sep 15, 2011
shamsia said:
Ok I have a question, and forgive me if I end up offending anyone by the end of this post. This is just tentative guesswork on my side.

So from my limited understanding of the concept of 'only Nikah and no Rukhsati', I believe that the bride's family insist on it (especially if the groom lives abroad), so that (Allah forbid), if kal ke dinn, something goes wrong, they could atleast get the girl married to someone else saying that it was only a Nikah case and nothing happened. Right? If this is the case (of course, other reasons are involved too), but this stance of the bride's side shows a 'lack of trust' in the groom. They are already making provisions for the future if the marriage does not work out.

Now if the two parties involved have room for doubting the other, then why would you expect CHC-ISB to accept the marriage as 100% genuine? To me, this makes sense when the VO sends out objection letters for cases like these.

Just my two cents...
i ll tell u y most people do this....When u get rukhsati done and u engage in ur martial relations, These relations then become very necessary after u get engaged with them....So mostly they decide to get rukhsati done after the visa is approved so they can engage in thos relations without any worry......Both Islamically and healthwise it is not good to stay from the relations of husband n wife for a long period of time after doing it. So thats the main reason. Basically it takes a long time for the visa approval n obviously the husband/wife cant cme to Pak every secnd or third month.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sohailkhan said:
Heyy bros ur helpin me alot here...thnkkkk u veryy muchh!! u guys answer my question,it feels like my father is supporting me.Now after reading ur replies i have another thing in mind.....How about if i do valimah after the nikah...cuz islam doesnt have any regards of how many times u do valima? like if i do a valima after the Nikah as well as after the rukhsati.....will it kinda work out??
I am no immigration officer, but yes it depends on how strong you have prepared your application? How much supporting documents and pictures you have sent to proove what you are telling them in the application. Every officer looks at your file differently. I know cases where people have performed full weddings but didn't have strong applications and later they received a "marriage not genuine" objections so I will say it again it depends on how strong your application is. The more the evidence You provide the more stronger your application would be.
Obviously nikah/rukhsaki/valima is a stronger case than nikah/valima and nikah/valima is a stronger case than just nikah :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
sohailkhan said:
i ll tell u y most people do this....When u get rukhsati done and u engage in ur martial relations, These relations then become very necessary after u get engaged with them....So mostly they decide to get rukhsati done after the visa is approved so they can engage in thos relations without any worry......Both Islamically and healthwise it is not good to stay from the relations of husband n wife for a long period of time after doing it. So thats the main reason. Basically it takes a long time for the visa approval n obviously the husband/wife cant cme to Pak every secnd or third month.
Yes, you make a valid point from an Islamic perspective. But the fact remains that people all over the world are getting married, engaging in those relations, leaving their spouses to go back and apply for the process. Look at it from CHC's point of view, they think that if its possible for others to do it, then why isnt it possible for some other people. I do not see them buying this reason above that you have mentioned (personally, I believe what you said makes sense), but you need to convince the VO.

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
sabii said:
ya for sure....what abt u?? r u sponsor or sponsored person??
Well i'm being sponsored by HIM

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
shamsia said:
Yes, you make a valid point from an Islamic perspective. But the fact remains that people all over the world are getting married, engaging in those relations, leaving their spouses to go back and apply for the process. Look at it from CHC's point of view, they think that if its possible for others to do it, then why isnt it possible for some other people. I do not see them buying this reason above that you have mentioned (personally, I believe what you said makes sense), but you need to convince the VO.
But what if they have their children born while the sponsorship application is in progress?
I mean that will be another big delay.