philantropist

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 2011
Parviz2011 said:
I really exhausted for the long time process, about 3 years of waiting. it is only applicable for CHC islamabad. what a brutal torture. i don't know how I and my young wife with all biological demands survive for 3 years. it is really really difficult to tolarate.
OMG....its really abnormal time...and it has exceeded normal timings mentioned on the official website of CIC. Nowadays, the time is 24 months and it was 12-16 months till last year...and I can guess that before that the time was even less..like 9-10 months....!!!!

Did you put some inquiry at CIC, as it has proceeded normal timings????

Sadiamughal1

Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Re PCC & Re IMM April 2011
:) :) :)

philantropist said:
hello guys

i got my file number through email today..... :) :) :)

I wrote emails(2times)...and then got it...

thank god.... :)

hope gona see some more good things in coming days...

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
anzee said:
Yar thread 2011 - 2012 ka hay only.

i sent doc jan 10, 2011
file received CHC-I feb 13, 2011
status showed file and medical received.

but now is only showing Application received.

does anybody from 2011 receive the AOR?

good luck for all.
i have applied for spouse immigration in july 2011 but still i haven't got the AOR.
can anyone tell me when will i get my file number?
will it be issued by from canada or from islamabad?
we had an arranged marriage and only nikah case.
we are both first cousins and he is 10 years older than me.
will this age difference be an issue for them or not?
any one can help

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Quiet Storm said:
i have applied for spouse immigration in july 2011 but still i haven't got the AOR.
can anyone tell me when will i get my file number?
will it be issued by from canada or from islamabad?
we had an arranged marriage and only nikah case.
we are both first cousins and he is 10 years older than me.
will this age difference be an issue for them or not?
any one can help
Asak Quiet Storm,

They are working on applications recieved on July 7, 2011 and the processing times are 60 days. So if you can tell us what date your application was recieved in Mississauga, then we can give you an approximate date. Your sponsor will either get an email or a letter by mail saying that he/she has been approved sponsorship. Your file will then be transferred to Islamabad, and the Commission at Islamabad are not sending out AORs (Acknowledgement of Receipt) which has the file no. However, applicants at Islamabad email the VO and manage to get their File Nos in a few months time.

Also, the arranged marriage and the fact that you are first cousins will not negatively impact your case because it is acceptable in Pakistani culture. The VOs are aware of this and this will not raise any red flags. However, the nikah case might be a problem because applicants with only a Nikah case are getting objection letters stating that the marriage is not genuine. This has led most of them to get back to Pakistan, perform the Rukhsati and then send the VO more proof. So the only Nikah case might prove to be a problem. The current processing times of Pakistan are 24 months.

Hope this helps. This thread is for Islamabad applicants. You will definitely receive more guidance here.

Good Luck :)

Shamsia

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
shamsia said:
Asak Quiet Storm,

They are working on applications recieved on July 7, 2011 and the processing times are 60 days. So if you can tell us what date your application was recieved in Mississauga, then we can give you an approximate date. Your sponsor will either get an email or a letter by mail saying that he/she has been approved sponsorship. Your file will then be transferred to Islamabad, and the Commission at Islamabad are not sending out AORs (Acknowledgement of Receipt) which has the file no. However, applicants at Islamabad email the VO and manage to get their File Nos in a few months time.

Also, the arranged marriage and the fact that you are first cousins will not negatively impact your case because it is acceptable in Pakistani culture. The VOs are aware of this and this will not raise any red flags. However, the nikah case might be a problem because applicants with only a Nikah case are getting objection letters stating that the marriage is not genuine. This has led most of them to get back to Pakistan, perform the Rukhsati and then send the VO more proof. So the only Nikah case might prove to be a problem. The current processing times of Pakistan are 24 months.

Hope this helps. This thread is for Islamabad applicants. You will definitely receive more guidance here.

Good Luck :)

Shamsia
Thank you Shamsia for your guidance. Its really helpful and my application was received at Mississauga on 22 July 2011. My husband wanted that once i am in Canada then we should start our married life as it would not cause any hurdles in my immigration. Hope you understand my point

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Quiet Storm said:
Thank you Shamsia for your guidance. Its really helpful and my application was received at Mississauga on 22 July 2011. My husband wanted that once i am in Canada then we should start our married life as it would not cause any hurdles in my immigration. Hope you understand my point
You are welcome :) Hopefully you will hear from them in the last week of September confirming your sponsorship approval, inshallah. Yes I understand your point and there is no harm per se in a Nikah case only. But unfortunately, CHC-ISB has been giving applicants with only Nikah a tough time. If you go through some of the threads here, you will get an idea what people have gone and are going through. I do not wish to scare you, maybe inshallah you will be one of those lucky cases. But forewarned is forearmed. Just giving you a clear picture of the process :)

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
shamsia said:
You are welcome :) Hopefully you will hear from them in the last week of September confirming your sponsorship approval, inshallah. Yes I understand your point and there is no harm per se in a Nikah case only. But unfortunately, CHC-ISB has been giving applicants with only Nikah a tough time. If you go through some of the threads here, you will get an idea what people have gone and are going through. I do not wish to scare you, maybe inshallah you will be one of those lucky cases. But forewarned is forearmed. Just giving you a clear picture of the process :)
Yes i have read different threads and then i decided to join this site. My in laws are also canadian nationals for last 13 years so would it be a plus point in my case?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Quiet Storm said:
Yes i have read different threads and then i decided to join this site. My in laws are also canadian nationals for last 13 years so would it be a plus point in my case?
No, the in-laws have no bearing on the case whatsoever. They only decide the case on the two people involved and how genuine their marriage comes across.

Ezee

Mar 2, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2011
Doc's Request.
11/06/2012
AOR Received.
21/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/11/2011
Med's Request
06/18/2013
Med's Done....
06/26/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06/18/2013
VISA ISSUED...
07/15/2013
LANDED..........
23/07/2013
Parviz2011 said:
I really exhausted for the long time process, about 3 years of waiting. it is only applicable for CHC islamabad. what a brutal torture. i don't know how I and my young wife with all biological demands survive for 3 years. it is really really difficult to tolarate.
Why not we all PPl here (spousal sponsors) can get together in kind of group and write letters or emails to Canadian immigrations minister regarding the time issue for CHC Islamabad.
May be by alone we are nothing but if we write as a group may we can at least bring some kind of attentions on this brutal torture, we are Canadian tax payer.

ramySehar

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Niagra Falls
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Jul-2011
Med's Request
Dec-2012 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
u r right pervaiz, all the biological demands for long time :(

couple of years for few people :eek:

ramySehar

Star Member
Aug 2, 2011
Niagra Falls
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Jul-2011
Med's Request
Dec-2012 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Why not we all PPl here (spousal sponsors) can get together in kind of group and write letters or emails to Canadian immigrations minister regarding the time issue for CHC Islamabad.
May be by alone we are nothing but if we write as a group may we can at least bring some kind of attentions on this brutal torture, we are Canadian tax payer.

I M IN!

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
wes786 said:
Thats correct this is normal at CHC-Islamabad. My wife received her first request after 13 months. The file just sits in their storage area for 10-12 months, and then its gets touched for initial review and by the time everything is expired so everything is requested again including all the forms(for updated information), Police Certificate and medicals.
this is frustrating..if they dont touch files for 10 to 12 months and require everything as expired so they shouldnt require all stuff with application...well hope they will speed up their work...

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
I got the reason why the processing time in Pakistan is long. ;)
Can any one guess???????

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Ezee said:
Been there, done that and nothing happened! A lot of people gathered up in Toronto to protest, had interviews with news reporters, had emailed and sent letters to Harper, Kenny and other ministers in late 2010/early 2011 and all we got for a reply was that "they are using their normal protocols and they are doing their best to process all the files on first come first bases"

You guys can all try again though this year it might work!

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sabii said:
this is frustrating..if they dont touch files for 10 to 12 months and require everything as expired so they shouldnt require all stuff with application...well hope they will speed up their work...
Preparation to sponsor someone for CANADA is a standard process for anyone. It doesn't matter which part of the world they are coming from. Lets hope they get faster at it, because the wait is just too long.