May 29, 2012 / rec'd on June 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
August 24th InshALLAH :)
Operational Bulletin 423 - May 24, 2012
Reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate
Summary
Effective June 1st, 2012, officers can request that an applicant’s medical file be reassessed by a Medical Officer (MOF) or a Health Branch (HB) delegated staff for the issuance of a new medical certificate. The process applies to cases where a final decision of an officer is pending only due to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires. This process is limited to applicants who had a routine immigration medical examination (IME) done by a panel physician within the last 15 months in or outside Canada. The new medical certificate issued will be valid for 12 months.

Issue
This Operational Bulletin aims to standardize the reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate to ensure alignment with the legislation while fulfilling departmental operational needs. This procedure is limited to situations where the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate. If anything else is pending, the officer should not use this procedure.

Background
According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), sections 30(4) and 72(1)(e)(iii), foreign nationals (FNs) who seek to enter Canada and those already in Canada applying to become permanent residents must hold a medical certificate based on the most recent medical examination to which they were required to submit under the IRPR within the previous twelve months, indicating that they are not inadmissible on health grounds. However, upon request of an officer, HB has been granting ‘extension of IME validity’ for periods varying from one to twelve months in order to support operational needs. This process has been reviewed for better alignment with the legislation and strengthening of program integrity.

A medical assessment, which is a medical examination for the purposes of immigration, is the review of an applicant’s medical file by a MOF and/or HB delegated staff. The result of the last medical assessment is entered in Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) electronic platforms (such as the Global Case Management System (GCMS) or Field Operations Support System (FOSS) as an ‘M’ profile indicating that an applicant is either admissible or inadmissible on health grounds. A medical certificate is an ‘M’ profile indicating that an applicant underwent a medical examination within the previous 12 months and is not inadmissible on health grounds (therefore limited to M1, M2, M3, M23, M19, M29, and M39 profiles).

Instructions
When the final decision of an officer is pending due only to the expiration of a medical certificate or when the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the applicant is unable to land before it expires, the officer will:

Issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the IME is older than 15 months;
For in-Canada and overseas cases with an IME done within the last 15 months:
Contact the Regional Medical Office (RMO) responsible for the file at the following e-mail addresses:
Beijing: Bejing-mc@international.gc.ca
London: London-mc@international.gc.ca
Manila- Traditional visa offices attached to RMO Manila: Manil.mc@international.gc.ca
Manila- Visa offices previously attached to RMO Singapore: Manil.mc-im@international.gc.ca
New Delhi: Delhi-mc@international.gc.ca
Ottawa: ime-reassessment@cic.gc.ca
Paris: Paris-mc@international.gc.ca
Entitle your e-mail ‘Reassessment of an applicant’s medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate’;
Provide the applicant’s name, ID number, date of birth, date of initial IME, and country of residence for the last 6 months.
It is recommended that the officer review the validity of the medical certificate of all the persons being part of an immigration application and request the reassessment of the medical file for those eligible for the process if needed.

Upon receipt of the request for reassessment, the MOF or the HB delegated staff will:
Review the medical file to determine if there is sufficiently relevant and up to date medical information to provide a new opinion of admissibility on health grounds;
Request additional medical information if a new opinion based upon the existing information in the medical file is not possible;
Assess the medical file including any new additional medical information as needed;
Provide a new opinion of admissibility or inadmissibility on health grounds;
Enter the new ‘M’ profile in the CIC electronic platform (such as GCMS or FOSS);
Send an e-mail to the officer who requested the reassessment to confirm that the process has been completed.
It is recommended that the officer issue medical instructions for a new full routine medical examination done by a panel physician if the results of additional testing are unlikely to be provided quickly.

If the opinion of the CIC MOF and/or HB delegated staff is that the applicant is:
Admissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will be issued and will be valid for a 12 month period starting from the date of the new medical assessment;
Inadmissible on health grounds: a new medical certificate will not be issued.
The new ‘M’ profile constitutes the most current opinion of inadmissibility provided to the officer for the final decision of inadmissibility on health grounds.

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Re-pcc,Re-Imm forms and Proof of Ruksati - March 13, 2012
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
May 30, 2011 / sent supporting docs voluntarily on 25-feb-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
June 20, 2012 (InshALLAH)
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
So this new procedure applies to all those who are waiting for re-medical request right ??

Pasting below one of the member's post on this forum:

This new procedure will extend your medical validity if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and if it's the only thing which is stopping your application from final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results..

Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website.

Toronto12

May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 16th
Med's Done....
May 4th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 2nd...DECISION MADE JUNE 14th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Very very soon Inshallah
I wish everyone gets their updates/communications from CHC-ISLAMABAD..Ameen...Do people recieve their passports back from Islamabad on Monday normally?

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
hey toronto ! What is your file transfer date??? Is it a wife or husband caS?E

Toronto12

May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 16th
Med's Done....
May 4th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Very very soon Inshallah
Red Jeans said:
hey toronto ! What is your file transfer date??? Is it a wife or husband caS?E
Hey Red Jeans its a wife case file transfer date is June 17th..

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
Hmm so expect your passport back with visa somewhere in June :) There are members who have sent their passport in March & April and are still waiting...

DSF

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 April 2011
Doc's Request.
16 March 2012
AOR Received.
16 March 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2011
Med's Request
10 May 2012
Med's Done....
25 May 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30 June 2012.... received by chc I on 3 july 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 dec 2012.... recived18 dec 2012
LANDED..........
soon inshaAllah
how long is the wait forme????????????????????

dsabri

Apr 5, 2012
Hey guys, my medical sent before and now i was requested to send the passport alone on 25th which will be delivered today, what is the time line to get back the passport? thanks

Toronto12

May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
April 16th
Med's Done....
May 4th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Very very soon Inshallah
dsabri said:
Hey guys, my medical sent before and now i was requested to send the passport alone on 25th which will be delivered today, what is the time line to get back the passport? thanks
i sent mine on May 2nd still waiting for the passport to come back from Islamabad..

P

pk2ca123

I am being sponsored by my wife... My file reached Mississauga on March 5th... but no response yet.. I think I will get file number in June...

I have one question. My wife is a PR and she is in Canada. Can she come to visit me in Pakistan while my sponsorship case is in progress? I heard that only Canadian citizens can travel out of Canada while their spouse case is in progress but those on PR can't. is it true?

if its going to take 3 + 26 = 29 Months then that is VERY CRUEL rule.. we will have to live apart for almost 3 years? :eek:

dsabri

Apr 5, 2012
pk2ca123 said:
I am being sponsored by my wife... My file reached Mississauga on March 5th... but no response yet.. I think I will get file number in June...

I have one question. My wife is a PR and she is in Canada. Can she come to visit me in Pakistan while my sponsorship case is in progress? I heard that only Canadian citizens can travel out of Canada while their spouse case is in progress but those on PR can't. is it true?

if its going to take 3 + 26 = 29 Months then that is VERY CRUEL rule.. we will have to live apart for almost 3 years? :eek:
she can travel but then needs to go back within some time ..

monstermagnet

Star Member
May 28, 2012
hi how r u all iam new in this form i want to ask from red jeans whats ur timeline and is ur wife or husband got pr or citizen in canada? actually my file was transfer to islamabad on 21 april 2011 and on marc 2012h dey asked me some documents and pc and now am waiting for my medical i dunno when its gonna be done :'(

Red Jeans

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
March 13, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived !
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2, 2012
LANDED..........
see my signature :) Anyways mine is a wife case .. May file tranfer / got req for imm forms, re pcc n proof of ruksati celeb vide letter dated march 13 and still waiting for further correspondence..what bout u monstermagnet?

monstermagnet

Star Member
May 28, 2012
ohh ok hey can u tell me wht dats mean i got the answerd of my email which i hav sended one month before the answer is dat "ur file is in process and dat currently background checks are being conducted"