+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Canadian555 said:
Sigh, this is too long, I expect normally procedures (i.e 6 months), some of my friends completed estimated time less than 1 years. I am surprised many of you are longer than 15 months. Unbearable long!!

Being Pakistani is bad idea and bad reputation all over the world, impact our identifies and our loved one. :-[
Yep that 6months timeline was back in 2006-2007. Things have changed completely and the current average time is 24 months! I filed my wife aplocation in January 2010 and she still doesn't have VISA yet, her passport was requested last week so hopefully soon it will be returned with a VISA stamped Inshallah! Took 19 months for a simple case..

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
QD said:
Many Congratulations Wes! I'm very happy for you!!! I really appreciate the help you are providing to everyone on this forum.Please remember us in your prayers!
I appreciate the kind words! Keep me and my wife in prayers since the passport is gone for VISA stamp.

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
mainbucha said:
Iftikhar !
your file has been there since October 2010, did you hear anything from them or not yet. My file is there since first week of December, 2010 and I didn't hear anything from them yet.
Just curious, are they contacting applicants from October 2010 ?
Thanks
According to my knowledge chc Islamabad is working on aug / sept of 2010 files but hopefully soon they would be working on October application Inshaallah. Whenever I get any news I will inform. In the meanwhile all we can do is just pray. May Allah bring us the happiness in both worlds.

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
wes786 said:
I appreciate the kind words! Keep me and my wife in prayers since the passport is gone for VISA stamp.
Mr. wes786 wish you lots of luck. Even though everyone will miss your input to this forum afterwards.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
iftikhar505 said:
Mr. wes786 wish you lots of luck. Even though everyone will miss your input to this forum afterwards.
I will be coming on the forum don't worry! May be not as much but I will drop by to say Salam :)

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
wes786 said:
I will be coming on the forum don't worry! May be not as much but I will drop by to say Salam :)
That would be really great and very helpful for people like me who don't have much knowledge in this field.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
iftikhar505 said:
That would be really great and very helpful for people like me who don't have much knowledge in this field.
By the time your process finishes you will know everything too. You think I knew everything when I first joined the forum? ;) I knew most of it but have learned alot being on the forum...

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
wes786 said:
Yep that 6months timeline was back in 2006-2007. Things have changed completely and the current average time is 24 months! I filed my wife aplocation in January 2010 and she still doesn't have VISA yet, her passport was requested last week so hopefully soon it will be returned with a VISA stamped Inshallah! Took 19 months for a simple case..
I see. What shall I do in the middle of long-waiting process ? It is very hard without loved one or talk with someone you married in person.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Canadian555 said:
I see. What shall I do in the middle of long-waiting process ? It is very hard without loved one or talk with someone you married in person.
For the first 10 months they won't even touch your file. So plan a trip to visit your spouse and update them with updated emails, phone call logs, and proof of visit such as tickets, boarding pass, exit/entry stamps on passport and that would make a big impact when your file opens for initial review.

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
wes786 said:
For the first 10 months they won't even touch your file. So plan a trip to visit your spouse and update them with updated emails, phone call logs, and proof of visit such as tickets, boarding pass, exit/entry stamps on passport and that would make a big impact when your file opens for initial review.
interesting, first-ten months...my lawyer said it will takes approximately 9-12 months. If not visiting to Pakistan, what happened? Does it affect on case? I don't like to spend money on expensive tickets costly and also very bad situations.... :(

Congratulation on your almost done PPR.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Well the average of 24 months is based on 80% of the applications processed in the last 12 Months. We have definately seen but rarely that some (wife) cases did get approved in 13-14 months is the past year so if it is a wife case there is hope. So if your lawyer is saying 9-12 months for the whole process, he is lying right on your face. Currently, files which were transfered to Islamabad in July/Aug/Sept 2010 are getting initial reviews done and applicants from those months are receiving requests to provide rePCC and updated forms. My wife's was a simple case with no work or travel history, lived at one address since birth and her file opened after 11 months for initial review and took about 6 months from then until she received her PPR last week. However, we have seen some files did get opened after about 9 months but not approved in 9 months that was back in 2008.

Now in regards to convincing an immigration officer, its not an easy task as they like to delay the case for any simplest and minor reasons. DId you have a full wedding, or Nikah only? Most of Nikah only cases have received objections that the marraige is not genuine and they had to go back home and perform the full wedding and walima them provide evidence to convince that their marriage is genuine some are still stuck in the interview, but some did get out of the limbo. Your case is totally dependent upon how much evidence you have submitted to convince an Immigration Officer that your marriage is genuine and your relationship is on going. If you had a full wedding, you should have included pictures from each function including: engagement, nikah, mehndi, wedding, and walima showing family members and guests attended the wedding, pictures from trip together, outings, dinners/dawats etc. Also what you should have included as your proofs is: snap shot of email inboxes, phone call logs, money transfer receipts, gift receipts, cards etc. It is a good idea to send them updated ocuments again after about 6-9 months of file transfer so they have enough evidence to say the marriage is genuine during initial review. If you have submitted enough proofs then you shouldn't have to worry about it. As I said rearlier, visiting spouse is a big evidence for an ongoing relationship but everyone have their own choice and majboori so I can only advice :)

P.S You didn't need a lawyer! They lie to you, they hide things from you and will do anything to snatch as much money out of you as possible. We have seen a few members here who have had bad experience and they had to cancell their representatives. So just a head's up and be carefull. You will be surprised to see how much of 'accurate and precise' information is available and provided for free on this wesite.

Canadian555 said:
interesting, first-ten months...my lawyer said it will takes approximately 9-12 months. If not visiting to Pakistan, what happened? Does it affect on case? I don't like to spend money on expensive tickets costly and also very bad situations.... :(

Congratulation on your almost done PPR.

S

sahibzada_2010

Wes bro when i check my wife UCI number it says this;

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through CAS.

I put everything correct but still no result. I think maybe she just got approved 3 days ago and i think her file is not in the system yet! ::)
but when i check the other number started with F, it says Applocation received on blah blah date but no information after that.

Thank you and congrats about the passport request. Hope things goes for you smooth.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Alright, so they have only linked the immigration file number with the online status system and not the Client ID. Well atleast you an see something! My wife's status is just like yours since march 2010, and I doubt that would ever change...

sahibzada_2010 said:
Wes bro when i check my wife UCI number it says this;

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through CAS.

I put everything correct but still no result. I think maybe she just got approved 3 days ago and i think her file is not in the system yet! ::)
but when i check the other number started with F, it says Applocation received on blah blah date but no information after that.

Thank you and congrats about the passport request. Hope things goes for you smooth.

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
Canadian555 said:
I believe the Canadian government should provide us with temporary spouse until we get ours. (Just kidding)

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
wes786 said:
By the time your process finishes you will know everything too. You think I knew everything when I first joined the forum? ;) I knew most of it but have learned alot being on the forum...
Dear Wes786, You had most of the information when you joined this forum, You must have noticed that everyone ask you for help.
We all wish you lots of lots of luck. May Allah help you achieve your goal and make your future fruitful / successful.