Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
khushi humesha 100 said:
some lawyer told us that chc isb r working on some qota system like they r restricted for only 2200 visa's for pak and 5000 for india is it true ?may be thats y they r taking years for simple case .does anyone else have any info abt it?
That is true. They have a quota allocated for Pakistan and other countries. So when they reduced their quotas in 2008, they received twice as many applications than their quota and this is exactly why the long timelines are created so people don't bitc*h about it. This is why people who applied in 2009 got their visa in 2010 - 2011 and this has been going on for 3 years now.

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
Danny4450 said:
That is true. They have a quota allocated for Pakistan and other countries. So when they reduced their quotas in 2008, they received twice as many applications than their quota and this is exactly why the long timelines are created so people don't bitc*h about it. This is why people who applied in 2009 got their visa in 2010 - 2011 and this has been going on for 3 years now.
why did it affect only Pakistan and not India or any other countries by that much --- I think they are reducing it for Pakistan more and more every year ??

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
jay123456 said:
why did it affect only Pakistan and not India or any other countries by that much --- I think they are reducing it for Pakistan more and more every year ??
Yeah, the spousal sponsorship quota in earlier days used to be based on the average of applications from each country. Now they consider the population of the country compared to other countries as well as the number of applications from that country. So lets just assume that in 2006, the total applications per year were 5000, they used to have 5000 Visa quota for the year for spousal sponsorship from Pakistan. In 2009 the formula became alot more complex due to conservative policies and that is when they started weighing other factors in the equation such as the size/population of the country of applicant, which reduced the quota to 2500 per year. The population of India is a few times more than Pakistan. Other factors such as immigrant contribution to the economy by each community and political involvement in Canada by the particular community has been a major deciding factors on this quota. This caused alot of applications from Pakistan to pile up and simple cases/ full weddings were granted visa earlier than Nikkah only cases. This is why alot of people started getting objection letters asking for rukhsati to be done. This was a way to delay those applications further into the year. Also, they started putting a lot of people in the interview queue for travel history, security reasons etc etc. Now since most of the people are getting full wedding done, they don't have a reason to put them aside. So now they have further slowed down processing which is evident by the rise in time for initial reviews as they climbed up from 8 months to 14 months now after file transfer date. This is just based on my personal observation and conversation with a few knowledgable posters as well as a couple of immigration lawyers.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
After waiting for years my wife finally got the ppr & remed request. Time for her to start packing soon Inshaallah. May Allah make it easy for everyone.
mahira11 said:
Didn't hear any good news from any1 in 2012

*AFREEN*

Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khushi humesha 100 said:
some lawyer told us that chc isb r working on some qota system like they r restricted for only 2200 visa's for pak and 5000 for india is it true ?may be thats y they r taking years for simple case .does anyone else have any info abt it?
Those lawyers don't work for immigration offices, nor they are in touch with them. I think they are just saying anything they wana say. Don't believe them.

mrahmani

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
13-02-2012 imms forms - redo pcc
AOR Received.
16-11-2010
File Transfer...
25-11-2010 - ecas changed in process May 14 2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2010 - 2nd meds done 03-07-2012
Passport Req..
May 16 2012 - date on letter - pp sent May 21 2012 - Decision made June 7 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2012
LANDED..........
June 22 2012 Inshallah!!!!
thats true dont believe them.

*AFREEN* said:
Those lawyers don't work for immigration offices, nor they are in touch with them. I think they are just say anything they wana say. Don't believe them.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
The quota system is for economical base immigration which is usually considered as skilled worker, but for spousal immigration they can slow the system down as they had done in the past from few years from 6 months to now 26 months. but can't stop them as they can do that with skilled workers.
khushi humesha 100 said:

khushi humesha 100

Nov 20, 2011
Visa Office......
chc -isb (wife case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
feb 2012
File Transfer...
dec 2010
Med's Request
feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th march 2012
Passport Req..
31st july 2012 Alhamdullilah :)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made on 18th aug PP back with visa on 1st Sep 2012 Alhamdullilah :) :)
LANDED..........
Alhamdullilah sep 30th 2012 :)
impulsive said:
After waiting for years my wife finally got the ppr & remed request. Time for her to start packing soon Inshaallah. May Allah make it easy for everyone.
saw some of ur last posts u were damn right abt that it was ur final month timeline was 16 months when u applied thats great so i should expect the same :)could u tell me which date of oct was ur case & did she receive re police certificate or just re med, ppr?

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
I applied in sept but they started my file on Oct 21st 2010.
Because it is a wife case so they don't need re.pcc which works out better. One less trouble to go through. (it was only remed with ppr)
khushi humesha 100 said:
saw some of ur last posts u were damn right abt that it was ur final month timeline was 16 months when u applied thats great so i should expect the same :)could u tell me which date of oct was ur case & did she receive re police certificate or just re med, ppr?

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
Interesting, I got this from quote.

PASSPORT AWARENESS AT THE AIRPORT

Please be Careful at the Airports, This is a well organized conspiracy by Immigration, Police, Customs and Airline staff with networking at all International Airports. Be careful when ever you give your passport to Immigration/Customs/Airline staff. The pass port can be easily tampered and can create trouble to you. They have found an easy way of making money. This is the way it works:

At the time of the passenger's departure, if the passenger is not looking at the officer while he is stamping the exit, the officer very cleverly tears away one of the page from the passport. When the passenger leaves the immigration counter, the case is reported on his computer terminal with full details. Now all over the country they have got full details of the passenger with Red Flag flashing on the Passport number entered by the departure immigration officer. They have made their money by doing above.

On arrival next time, he is interrogated.

Subject to the passenger's period of stay abroad, his income and standing etc., the price to get rid of the problem is settled by the Police and Immigration people. If someone argues, his future is spoiled because there are always some innocent fellows who think the honesty is the basis of getting justice.

Please advise every passenger to be careful at the airports. Whenever they hand over the passport to the counters of Airlines or immigration or the customs, they must be vigilant, should not remove eyes from the passport even if the officer in front tries to divert their attention.

Also, please pass this information to all friends, media men and important politicians. Every month 20-30 cases are happening all over the world to rob the passenger the minute he lands.
A similar case happened with Aramco's Arifuddin in Pakistan . He was travelling with his family.
They had six passports. They got the visa of America and decided to go via Jeddah. When they reached the States, the page of the American visa on his wife's passport was missing. At the time of departure from Pakistan it was there, the whole family had to return helplessly. On arrival at Pakistan , they were caught by the police and now it is over 2 months, they are running after the Police, Immigration officers and the Courts. On going in to details with him, he found out the following: One cannot imagine, neither can believe, that the Immigration dept can play such a nasty game to harass the innocent passengers.

All the airlines passengers must be aware of this conspiracy. Every month 15 to 20 cases are taking place, at each mentioned airport, of holding the passengers in the crime of tearing away the passport pages. On interviewing some of them, none of them was aware of what had happened. They don't know why, when and who tore away the page from the middle of the passport. One can imagine the sufferings of such people at the hands of the immigration, police and the court procedures after that. The number of cases has increased in the last 2-3 years. People who are arriving at the immigration, they are questioned and their passports are being held and they have to go in for detailed interrogation. Obviously, the conspiracy started about 2 to 3 years ago, now the results are coming. Some of the Airline counter staff too is involved in this conspiracy.

SO MAKE SURE NOT TO LET THE PASSPORT GO OFF YOUR SIGHT EVEN FOR A SECOND. THE IMMIGRATION COUNTERS ARE HIGH AND TIRED AND SHORT PASSENGERS REALLY HAVE TO WORK HARD TO KEEP THE PASSPORT IN SIGHT, SPEACIALLY AFTER THE EXHAUSTING JOURNEY, EVERYONE WANTS TO GET OVER WITH THE AIRPORT FORMALITIES AND GO HOME. SO BEING VIGILANT FOR AN EXTRA MINUTE WILL SAVE YOU A LIFE TIME OF MISERY. BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR TRAVELS.

KINDLY SEND THIS TO AS MANY OF YOUR INTENDING TRAVELLERS AND FRIENDS ACROSS THE WORLD REQUEST THEM TO CHECK THE PASSPORT AT THE CHECKING COUNTERS AND BEFORE LEAVING THE AIRPORT.

I think at least have a full photo copy of Passport and Keep scan of your passport in your Hard drive or flash memory and i will advise same for ticket also

sher786

Star Member
Jan 18, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
11-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-05-2012
impulsive said:
I applied in sept but they started my file on Oct 21st 2010.
Because it is a wife case so they don't need re.pcc which works out better. News less trouble to go through. (it was only remed with ppr)
So hopefully 2010 cases will soon be done and hope they soon start working on 2011 cases inshahallah :)

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
[size=10pt]Hello,

Its been a year since I applied for spousal sponsorship,did not recieve any response except acknowledgement letter.My wife is preagnant her due is in April,2012.
[/size]How do I wake up these ppl who employed and sleeping in CHC-Islamabad office. :p

shaby

Dec 19, 2011
Dear All,

Before my correct address was showing on my permanent residence page(using file Number)

House #____, Street #____

but now its showing

House #_____, Street #_____

This time, city name comes in center of my address .....

Please guide me, what should i do? and what does it means, why it happens??

I have been sponsor by my wife on April 2011, file transfer to CHC Isb on first week of June.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 2010
Interview........
2 INTERVIEWS 2012 & 2013
Passport Req..
DONE
VISA ISSUED...
YES
LANDED..........
YES
It happened in my case too they had fixed the address so there is nothing to worry about.
shaby said:
Dear All,

Before my correct address was showing on my permanent residence page(using file Number)

House #____, Street #____

but now its showing

House #_____, Street #_____

This time, city name comes in center of my address .....

Please guide me, what should i do? and what does it means, why it happens??

I have been sponsor by my wife on April 2011, file transfer to CHC Isb on first week of June.

impulsive

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...