+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011 -2012

shaby

Dec 19, 2011
Arkansas2045 said:
Shaby, yes you can send an e-mail to CHC - I and request for your file number. An e-mail specimen is as follows:

Client ID: XXXXXXXXX
Sponsor's Full Name: (First, Last)
Sponsor's DOB: (Month/Day/Year)
Sponsor's Address: XXXXXXXX
Sponsor's Phone #: XXXXXXXXXX

Applicant's Full Name: (First, Last)
Applicant's DOB: (Month/Day/Year)
Applicant's Passport#: XXXXXXXXX (This can be omitted, I didn't send the Passport #)

Dear Immigration Officer,

With reference to above mentioned Client ID, I have been sponsored by my wife/husband dated (Month/Day/Year) and sponsorship was approved dated (Month/Day/Year) and file was transferred to Islamabad dated (Month/Day/Year).

I have not received any letter of acknowledgment regarding my application from your side. Please provide me with my Immigration File #.

Best Regards,
Your Name

You can add/modify/delete if you wish. The e-mail address for the embassy is:
islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Hope it helps.

=============================================================================

Brother i wana know one thing, after getting my file number, when i am gonna search my online status on CIC site, Is it showing same status page after selecting file number instead of client id or showing only my side status???? kindly clarify me....is there any difference in status while searching through Client Id or File Number???

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
10 Jul 2012; Submitted: 12 Jul 2012; Decision Made: 03 Sept 2012
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
shaby said:
=============================================================================

Brother i wana know one thing, after getting my file number, when i am gonna search my online status on CIC site, Is it showing same status page after selecting file number instead of client id or showing only my side status???? kindly clarify me....is there any difference in status while searching through Client Id or File Number???
If you search using the 'File Number' (enter your credentials), you will only see the status of your PR application. If you search using the 'Client Id' (enter your wife's credentials), you can see the status of your wife's sponsorship application and your PR application. So it doesn't matter whether you search via Client Id or File Number to see the status of your application.

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
noms said:
Hello Everyone & happy new year

My timeline is as follows

Application for my wife recived by cpcm 23 oct 2011 (provided all the forms, medicals, pcc, photographs and all required docs)
Sponsorship approved application transfered to islamabad 23 Dec 2011
What is going to happen next?
Will my wife get a new file number from islamabad 0r it will be the same?
We are expecting first baby in March 2012, What happens then?

I shall appriciate greatly senior members guidance :)
Happy New Year to you too!

1 - If the current pattern is any indication, the agents at CHC Islamabad will do an initial review of your file in about 12 - 14 months from the date the file was received at Islamabad.

After the initial review, they will ask your wife to re-fill some forms and submit them along with an updated police clearance certificate. The request for re-medical will be sent around the same time as well. Someone will conduct a background check on your wife. If all is clear (i.e. background checks, medical, police clearance), CHC Islamabad will ask your wife to send her passport to them. Passport will be stamped with the visa and returned to your wife. Your wife buys a one way ticket to Canada, and both of you live happily ever after.

If your case is 'Nikah only' there is a high chance that you will, after the initial review, receive an objection letter from them asking for you to perform rukhsati as well and then re-submit updated proof of relationship evidences. This will obviously cause further delays in the processing of the application.

2 - Your wife can obtain a file number for her application. She can send an e-mail to CHC requesting for the number. The sample template of the e-mail is as follows:

Client ID: XXXXXXXXX
Sponsor's Full Name: (First, Last)
Sponsor's DOB: (Month/Day/Year)
Sponsor's Address: XXXXXXXX
Sponsor's Phone #: XXXXXXXXXX

Applicant's Full Name: (First, Last)
Applicant's DOB: (Month/Day/Year)
Applicant's Passport#: XXXXXXXXX (This can be omitted, I didn't send the Passport #)

Dear Immigration Officer,

With reference to above mentioned Client ID, I have been sponsored by my wife/husband dated (Month/Day/Year) and sponsorship was approved dated (Month/Day/Year) and file was transferred to Islamabad dated (Month/Day/Year).

I have not received any letter of acknowledgment regarding my application from your side. Please provide me with my Immigration File #.

Best Regards,
Your Wife's Name

3 - If you are a Canadian Citizen (Not PR), the child will be considered a Canadian Citizen as well. There is no need to add the child to your application, no medical examination or fee is required. You must, however, send CHC-I a copy of his or her birth certificate.

The following link might be helpful as well in case you have other questions.

https://sites.google.com/site/islamabadchctimelines/

Other senior members, correct me if i am wrong Smiley

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
Great Info Arkansas -- Just a question -- How do they know if you performed Rukhsati or not --- IMM5490 q.27 is about Cohibitation? If yes you have lived and the Rukhsati was performed --- Do you have to prove it some how ?? like pictures after marriage etc

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
jay123456 said:
Great Info Arkansas -- Just a question -- How do they know if you performed Rukhsati or not --- IMM5490 q.27 is about Cohibitation? If yes you have lived and the Rukhsati was performed --- Do you have to prove it some how ?? like pictures after marriage etc
- Valima/Reception ceremony. Otherwise, you must give a convincing reason as to why you are postponing the reception for a later date.

- Post-wedding pictures. Lots of them. 'Quality' pictures though, with family and friends.

- Pictures from the honeymoon trip, if you had one.

- Wedding card. The card must state you had rukhsati as well. (Not sure if this will be considered a valid proof).

If you don't carry out reception, then you are leaving some room for doubt. Mind you, as long as you can convince the immigration officers that it is a genuine relationship and you can provide concrete and convincing evidences supporting the relationship, then you should be ok even without the reception. The officers did not attend our wedding nor they know us personally, so they have to be extremely objective when examining our application. Solid facts the better.

Allah knows best! And we have the utmost faith in HIM that HE will make the process easy for us :)

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
Great Info and it makes sense ---- This is how I answered q 18 on IMM5490

The Formal Ceremony(Nikkah) and Reception (After Nikkah Celebration and Rituals) was held on the same day. My Sponsor/Husband plans on doing a Second formal reception in Canada so he can introduce me to his relatives and friends. A date cannot not be discussed/provided as the reception will only happen once I am granted Entry in to Canada. I have provided the photos for Q.15 (Nikkah Ceremony in the hall) and Q.18(After Nikkah Celebration and Rituals)

Wedding pictures and Wedding Card provided

Sorry but just wanted to see if I am on the right track
Thanks for your input :)

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
jay123456 said:
Great Info and it makes sense ---- This is how I answered q 18 on IMM5490

The Formal Ceremony(Nikkah) and Reception (After Nikkah Celebration and Rituals) was held on the same day. My Sponsor/Husband plans on doing a Second formal reception in Canada so he can introduce me to his relatives and friends. A date cannot not be discussed/provided as the reception will only happen once I am granted Entry in to Canada. I have provided the photos for Q.15 (Nikkah Ceremony in the hall) and Q.18(After Nikkah Celebration and Rituals)

Wedding pictures and Wedding Card provided

Sorry but just wanted to see if I am on the right track
Thanks for your input :)
You are welcome, Jay! :)

If other members have anything to add or would like to correct me, please feel free to do so. I will certainly learn from the valuable input of others too. -1 doesn't help if I don't know what it's for :)

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
when they will start working on September 2011 files transferred to islamabad :(

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
Hi All
I just wanted to know if you can pay your fees online for an outland application when applying for your spouse sponsorship. The only option i see to pay online is "Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class "
--- Is this for Inland file only or we can also pay for outland file ??

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
jay123456 said:
Hi All
I just wanted to know if you can pay your fees online for an outland application when applying for your spouse sponsorship. The only option i see to pay online is "Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class "
--- Is this for Inland file only or we can also pay for outland file ??
In regards to required fees, be guided by Immigration Canada's instructions below:

(Page 25 of 'The Sponsor's Guide')

A. The processing fees, which must be paid when you submit your sponsorship application, consist of the following:

• $75 for the sponsor;
• $475 for a principal applicant (the person being sponsored) who is 22 years of age or older, or who is married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship, regardless of age;
• $75 for a principal applicant who is a under 22 years of age and not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship;
• $550 for each accompanying family member who is 22 years of age or older, or who is married or in a common-law relationship, regardless of age; and
• $150 for each accompanying family member who is under 22 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship.

B.The Right of Permanent Residence Fee, which may be paid at the same time as the processing fees or afterwards, but before the application for permanent residence of the person you want to sponsor can be finalized, is:
• $490 for a principal applicant and accompanying family members who are not exempted

Does this help?

jay123456

Star Member
Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for the reply again -- I am mentioning about applying online --- So when you go online You click on the option called "Pay fees Online"
then you click continue on the bottom
Accept the terms and conditions on the bottom
the click on immigrant and select Immigration
then you click on the option that says " Mississauga"
Confirm Location -- Now you come to page
Here is my question --- Do you pay your fees under the Section
"Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class"

The reason I ask is because I am submitting an outland file and the heading says Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class

So can we still pay under this section even if we are submitting an outland file

I hope this was clear

R

raptorsfan

sabii said:
when they will start working on September 2011 files transferred to islamabad :(
my friend got re-pcc and re-imm and all in aug 2011 and his wife's file transfer was sept 2010

so since summer is very slow case wise...and winter is when people get married the most in pakistan....i believe you should hear from them in aug 2012 or sept 2012

rabiriz

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-oct-2009
File Transfer...
03-nov-2009
Med's Request
15-jan-2010
Med's Done....
26-jan2010
Interview........
12-jan-2012 CHC gave him remedical request letter
Passport Req..
17-jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 feb 2012
LANDED..........
soon Inshallah
hello guyz i have a question my husband has an interview on 12 jan 2012 and embassy asked bring ur new passport and expire passport along with 2 passport size pictures. so what does that mean they required his passport too for visa?

Arkansas2045

Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
Mar 2011
Med's Request
10 Jul 2012
Med's Done....
11 Jul 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
08 Sept 2012
jay123456 said:
Thanks for the reply again -- I am mentioning about applying online --- So when you go online You click on the option called "Pay fees Online"
then you click continue on the bottom
Accept the terms and conditions on the bottom
the click on immigrant and select Immigration
then you click on the option that says " Mississauga"
Confirm Location -- Now you come to page
Here is my question --- Do you pay your fees under the Section
"Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class"

The reason I ask is because I am submitting an outland file and the heading says Spouse and Common Law Partner In Canada Class

So can we still pay under this section even if we are submitting an outland file

I hope this was clear
Yes, you can pay online for outland application from that same webpage.

That last page you are referring to (where you see all the payment choices), you have to the select only the following three:

1 - Right of Permanent Residence fee (CAD490);
2 - Sponsorship application (per application CAD75); and
3 - Principal applicant (CAD475).

Ignore the rest.

The total amount will come up to CAD1040.00.

This will constitute as a payment for outland application and this is how i paid for my outland application as well. Make sure you print the confirmation page that will be generated at the end of this payment process. Or is it e-mailed to you?? ::) can't remember now. But anywho, you will have to submit the payment confirmation page along with the rest of your documents.

Ofcourse I am assuming that there aren't any accompanying family members listed on the application.

I hope this helps :)

A

Afreen

Application started processing May.31,2011 ;D
Decision Made letter sent June.1,2011 :D
Application received for permanent residence June, 27, 2011 :)

Did not received AOR yet :(

quick question guys it is possible if they request for passport and send AOR at the sametime? last thing does it take this long for Aor?