Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
Magic jack works for sure. I communicate on magic jack too.
Guys do you know, anybody can use GMAIL from pakistan and call anywhere in canada at any number for free

iftikhar505 said:
Dear Brothers and sisters,
My wife had paid around 12000 rupees for calling from pakistan by ptcl as well as to cell phone card companies just for one month. if anyone found out from all those plans which would be the best for better connection as well as inexpensive. It does not matter calling from canada or from pakistan. Does Magic jack works from pakistan. your co-operation in this matter would be very much appreciated.

mj1998

Star Member
May 4, 2011
mainbucha said:
Guys do you know, anybody can use GMAIL from pakistan and call anywhere in canada at any number for free
Yes, I also communicate through MagicJack. Gmail used to work from PK, but now you need to use a proxy. That will most likely last till the end of this year.

mj1998

Star Member
May 4, 2011
You can use:

MagicJack - The computer needs to be on
NetTALK duo - The computer doesn't need to be on
gmail - Can be used till the end of this year. This is for slightly advanced user, since you'll have to use a proxy.
any voip provider - Subscribe to any voip provider and send the voip box to your wife or you can take it there with you if you decide to go. The computer doesn't need to be on.

iftikhar505 said:
My wife had paid around 12000 rupees for calling from pakistan by ptcl as well as to cell phone card companies just for one month. if anyone found out from all those plans which would be the best for better connection as well as inexpensive. It does not matter calling from canada or from pakistan. Does Magic jack works from pakistan. your co-operation in this matter would be very much appreciated.

mainbucha

Aug 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2010
Doc's Request.
February 2012
File Transfer...
December 2010
Med's Request
February 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
July 2012
I was in Pakistan last month and I used Gmail just with normal browser. I didn't have to use any proxy or any virtual browser. Anyway choice is upto the users but you do not need proxy from pakistan for gmail call.

mj1998 said:
You can use:

MagicJack - The computer needs to be on
NetTALK duo - The computer doesn't need to be on
gmail - Can be used till the end of this year. This is for slightly advanced user, since you'll have to use a proxy.
any voip provider - Subscribe to any voip provider and send the voip box to your wife or you can take it there with you if you decide to go. The computer doesn't need to be on.

mj1998

Star Member
May 4, 2011
It was working without proxy till the end of last month.

mainbucha said:
I was in Pakistan last month and I used Gmail just with normal browser. I didn't have to use any proxy or any virtual browser. Anyway choice is upto the users but you do not need proxy from pakistan for gmail call.

sawera

Champion Member
Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thxs to danny bhai,anso bhai,n 1 n only loner ;)

sab sy rehamdill insan wo hai jo badla leny ke takat rakhty hoay bhe maaf kar dy

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
iftikhar505 said:
mainbucha said:
mj1998 said:
Yes, I also communicate through MagicJack. Gmail used to work from PK, but now you need to use a proxy. That will most likely last till the end of this year.
My wife also used magic jack for the last 2 years....

M

Muslimah

DodgeCharger said:
Welcome to the forum, actually if u lo ok at the history of this forum the members who have been receiving medical and passport requests mostly have been receiving them in a haphazard order. I'm not saying all the time but usually there is no set rule!

These days people from September 2010 aor have been receiving medical requests, but even people from this time period some have gotten their PPR s even!

Chc Islamabad sends passport in the 3rd and fourth week of the month! Hope this helps!

Thanks Dodge...
Sorry I meant to ask how long will it take for passport to be requested after re-meds are done. Alhamdulilah he has done re med in sept 2011. how long after should he be getting passport request based on avg straight forward stats?
so ur saying once passport is sent, it will be sent back in the 3rd and 4th week of the month ONLY?thanks!

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
khanb5 said:
bhai you should go for world call service too. bhabi app ko sirf miss call kardien then app unko call kar sakte hain she dont need to pay anythin on her hand and you too just have to pay $25/month. I think its worth it in your case too. or simply use google or skpye.
Thank you Khan5, I will look into that tomorrow inshaallah. I told her about the skype but she did not want to learn how to use it. So I gave up she wants me to go there just to teach her: isn't that gr8.

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
sawera said:
same wht me brother i think magic jack works same as world calling as it has a magic stick to connect to the laptop,,,well no idea whts best,,,2cent,,,unlimited,,,or worldcall.
Dear sister Sawera,
According to wes786, his wife also used magic jack so I guess I will buy one which I can always use here later on. and it is only $20 per year. But it works with internet and only would not work at the time of black out. Thanx to our beautiful country leaders.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
iftikhar505 said:
Dear sister Sawera,
According to wes786, his wife also used magic jack so I guess I will buy one which I can always use here later on. and it is only $20 per year. But it works with internet and only would not work at the time of black out. Thanx to our beautiful country leaders.
Yep that's the only time I called whenever the Internet back home didn't work or whenever there was a blackout!

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
Dear Khanb5,
I appreciate your endevour to explain and to encourage people for just nikah cases. But people who are dealing with chc islamabad is the same way when people deal with revenue canada or in states IRS. The law is that you are guilty until proven innocent. on the other hand for criminals law is more relaxed that you are innocent until proven guilty. So remember we are all guilty because of some bad apples had created this stupid mess for everyone who is going through this process. So it is always a good Idea if we can avoid the complication, rather than just because later we can prove that the marriage is legit. and don't forget this may cause nothing but delay the whole process and we don't gain anything except loosing time money (to pay for lawer and other related court cost etc.) and staying away from the loved one and there would be no compensation of any kind for all this aggravation. Proving something later on would not put us in better position than if we can prevent the problem before it starts. Just a suggestion. I hope I did not offend you in any way. As I had gone back home for rukhsati just to avoid the objection just in case if it would have occurred.

khanb5 said:
I have created seprate thread for Nikah only cases. Please feel free to join that thread for some valuable info.

I think that thread will help a lot of us who have nikah only cases. There is no need to be scared if you only had your nikah done. I work in one of the bank here in Toronto and had a chance to assist one of my customer who is senior immigration officer and he have informed me that Ruksati have nothing to do with your case. CHC only cares for Nikah nama and solid proof of your relation development over the time i.e email record, call records, gift receipts and what ever you can have.

I also applied for my wife and we only had our Nikah done and Inshallah I am positive that we wont have any difficulties. I would like to share my best practices with other members out there on this forum who are scared or stress over nikah only case.

Just pray and have faith on Allah. If you have done the right thing then nothing to worry about.But if you are still scared then that simply mean that you have lack of faith.

iftikhar505

Jan 7, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
chc
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/09/2010
AOR Received.
1/10/2010
wes786 said:
Yep that's the only time I called whenever the Internet back home didn't work or whenever there was a blackout!
Thanx wes Bhai,
I think this would be the best option except these calls are like local calls and can not be proven to chc Islamabad, because it would be considered as a local call.

Ranjah

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iftikhar505 said:
Dear Khanb5,
I appreciate your endevour to explain and to encourage people for just nikah cases. But people who are dealing with chc islamabad is the same way when people deal with revenue canada or in states IRS. The law is that you are guilty until proven innocent. on the other hand for criminals law is more relaxed that you are innocent until proven guilty. So remember we are all guilty because of some bad apples had created this stupid mess for everyone who is going through this process. So it is always a good Idea if we can avoid the complication, rather than just because later we can prove that the marriage is legit. and don't forget this may cause nothing but delay the whole process and we don't gain anything except loosing time money (to pay for lawer and other related court cost etc.) and staying away from the loved one and there would be no compensation of any kind for all this aggravation. Proving something later on would not put us in better position than if we can prevent the problem before it starts. Just a suggestion. I hope I did not offend you in any way. As I had gone back home for rukhsati just to avoid the objection just in case if it would have occurred.
good advice!

Ranjah

May 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear members, are you prepared for the 10 most blessing days of Zulhajj, Well brothers and sisters it is a blessed gift, a fresh opportunity to erase our sins and cleanse ourselves. It is also a second chance, for those who felt Ramadan slip through their fingers......Don't waste this opportunity ,better to limit all your activities including facebook.

May Allah grant all our wishes.. And answer to all our prayers - Aameen!
Hajj and Eid-ul-adha Mubarak in advance!