+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

maryaam

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
wes786 said:
I never used it! Even though people say its safe, my belief is that CHC-I cases are so long that and it only changes from 'in process' to 'decision made' in 12-20 months. Just go online every month and check it yourself; it only takes 2 minutes to input your info. If you choose to use it, then you will get the annoying emails every time the address appears/disappears and you would think something has change but when you go there you only get disappointed to still see 'in process' Any changes on CIC status page will triger the tracker email so its your choice whether you want to use it or not. e-Cas is useless anyways in my point of view for some people who have landed already it still says 'in process'.
I dont know which e case you meant, there is no emails that you get after tracking or checking your ecase, or maybe I don't know if there is another page
the one I check is only ask some basic info last name file number date of brith and country
I never get any email :eek:

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
Shanzay said:
Can someone help me if I will apply for the CAIPS, what is the expiry of it...It doesnt say anything on the website just say Basic 40 $ Premium 60$ and with interpretation 120 $....Pls help
Don't use that service. Just order it from the CIC website. The charge is only $5.

Here is what Wes786 posted a few times on this forum, just follow the instructions:

How Do I Get My CAIPS File?

Getting your file is fairly straight forward, but you will have to pay $ 5 if you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, and they are not residing in Canada. Follow the instructions below:

Have your spouse fill out this form, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. Islamabad, etc.)

Then fill out your personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom (alternatively, you could sign for your spouse; I dont think they will notice).

OR, if you have already filled out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF
then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3..

You must now fill out this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf Step by step instructions follow below:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number). This is to be filled by the officer processing your request.

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)." Yes, you HAVE to pay $ 5, there is no way around this. Do not tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay $ 5; this will NOT work. You must pay $ 5 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (I do not know why these choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. I am assuming the choice of language is also afforded to those who are requesting their notes under the access to "Information Act," and this is just poor design. But I may be wrong (In that case, it wont make a difference).

Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records."

Fill out your spouse's information under the "Client Information" box.

Under the next heading, "Request for- Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "Canadian High Commission (ISLAMABAD)" under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box. DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you. It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your case is processed)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $ 5.

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and send it to the address below:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th floor
Ottawa, ON
K1A 1L1

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
maryaam said:
I dont know which e case you meant, there is no emails that you get after tracking or checking your ecase, or maybe I don't know if there is another page
the one I check is only ask some basic info last name file number date of brith and country
I never get any email :eek:
Wes786 is talking about E-case tracker. Its an application for status update by a third party. Don't worry about it maryaam.

Shanzay

Aug 6, 2011
Danny4450 said:
Don't use that service. Just order it from the CIC website. The charge is only $5.

Here is what Wes786 posted a few times on this forum, just follow the instructions:

How Do I Get My CAIPS File?

Thanks

zeeeee

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
File Transfer...
02-09-2010
Med's Request
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-08-2011
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-10-2011
no problem!!
was my pleasure.. :)

BLOOMINGFLOWER said:
Thanks for the information very informative and helpful for the future!

strang3r

Jul 20, 2010
My in-laws backhome received both ‘Re-medical examination’ and ‘Passport Request’ letter from CHC-Islamabad. (Finally Alhamdulillah) But My wife is residing with me now in Canada on a TRV Visa, and we are expecting a child soon Insha'Allah in 3 months. There might be a possibility that DMP will not take X-RAY, Will the X-RAY from the previous medical examination be considered? OR CHC-Islamabad will wait for X-RAY after delivery? In that case, it may delay the visa issuance.

Secondly CHC-Islamabad letter 'Passport Request' states "If we do not receive your passport(s) within fifteen (15) days we will presume that you are no longer interested in proceeding to Canada and your file will be closed" which contradicts another point in the same letter "Please submit your passport after completing medical". And 'Request for Remedical' letter states "If you do not book an examination within 30 days, or fail to undergo an examination, we will assume that you are no longer interested in proceeding to Canada and will refuse you Canada". ahhh! I am lost here, Since I am aboard and courier will take times, I need to make which one is the correct deadlines, any ideas? To me it seems like they are putting pressures but I don't want to ignore it at the same time.

Any guidance/links on courier-management for passports?

When we are submitting the documentation along with the passport - is there any documentation that we need to submit as a proof of my wife re-medical exam?

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
strang3r said:
My in-laws backhome received both ‘Re-medical examination' and ‘Passport Request' letter from CHC-Islamabad. (Finally Alhamdulillah) But My wife is residing with me now in Canada on a TRV Visa, and we are expecting a child soon Insha'Allah in 3 months. There might be a possibility that DMP will not take X-RAY, Will the X-RAY from the previous medical examination be considered? OR CHC-Islamabad will wait for X-RAY after delivery? In that case, it may delay the visa issuance.

Secondly CHC-Islamabad letter 'Passport Request' states "If we do not receive your passport(s) within fifteen (15) days we will presume that you are no longer interested in proceeding to Canada and your file will be closed" which contradicts another point in the same letter "Please submit your passport after completing medical". And 'Request for Remedical' letter states "If you do not book an examination within 30 days, or fail to undergo an examination, we will assume that you are no longer interested in proceeding to Canada and will refuse you Canada". ahhh! I am lost here, Since I am aboard and courier will take times, I need to make which one is the correct deadlines, any ideas? To me it seems like they are putting pressures but I don't want to ignore it at the same time.

When we are submitting the documentation along with the passport - is there any documentation that we need to submit as a proof of my wife re-medical exam?
time frame for medical exam is more relevant, you may like to book her ticket back to Pakistan ........ do you mind sharing your timeline and did she already have a visit visa or did you apply her visit visa after applying for immigration

mfawad

Apr 15, 2011
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Married or not… you should read this.
Marriage.

“When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I’ve got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn’t know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn’t seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn’t talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn’t love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company. She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly. Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn’t have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane. When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn’t want anything from me, but needed a month’s notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month’s time and she didn’t want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day. She requested that every day for the month’s duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife’s divorce conditions. . She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn’t had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don’t tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn’t looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me. On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn’t tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me… she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it’s time to carry mom out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn’t noticed that our life lacked intimacy. I drove to office…. jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind…I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Jane, I said, I won’t divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn’t value the details of our lives, not because we didn’t love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart. Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away. At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, I’ll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I run up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed - dead. My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push through with the divorce.— At least, in the eyes of our son—- I’m a loving husband….

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves.

So find time to be your spouse’s friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
strang3r said:
My in-laws backhome received both ‘Re-medical examination' and ‘Passport Request' letter from CHC-Islamabad. (Finally Alhamdulillah) But My wife is residing with me now in Canada on a TRV Visa, and we are expecting a child soon Insha'Allah in 3 months. There might be a possibility that DMP will not take X-RAY, Will the X-RAY from the previous medical examination be considered? OR CHC-Islamabad will wait for X-RAY after delivery? In that case, it may delay the visa issuance.

Couple of things you need to know before you take a step further:

1) Cost of pregnancy in Canada (Without health coverage)
2) You will have to add the new born on your application if your wife decides to have the delivery in Pakistan.

As your wife can't get the Re-medical done till her delivery(they wouldn't accept the old X-ray), you might want to inform CHC-I about your situation. They give you 30 days to get the Re-medical done, so you can just write them an email telling them about your situation and ask for Re-medical extension for 3-4 months atleast. First you have to decide where you want to get her delivery done. If you can bear the cost of delivery in Canada, then its better to have it here as the newborn will have a Canadian birth certificate. If you want to have it in Pakistan, then be prepared for additional wait as you will have to apply for your newborn on your wife's current application or a new application to sponsor your child which would delay the Visa for either your wife or your child. Your wife might get the Visa after the re-medical but she ll have to stay with the child as the child would be 3-4 months old when she get her Visa. Or if you decide to add the child on your wife's application after birth, then it might take some time for both of them to get the Visa.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually Remedical and Passport requests are two different requests and you have to comply both. So passport should be submitted within 15 days and medical should be performed within 30 days. They will keep the passport and wait for medical results and then issue the visa. Pakistan dont allow the courier companies to carry passports. Even if you manage to send the passport with some other means, at the time of delivery of passport back they only hand-over to the applicant. Secondly, in order to get PR, your wife needs to land at canada with the landing paper. So this situation is complicated. The best way is to let your wife fly back home.

strang3r said:

Shak-Ams

Mar 28, 2011
truefriend said:
Please share your time and application submission date, thanks.
Case Applied ........June 2010
AOR ...............Aug 16 2010
Add docs sent..Nov 2010
Re-Med............Aug 30,2011
PPR.................Oct 4,2011

aeyjay

Oct 16, 2011
You might want to send them an email stating that your wife is in Canada, and if there is a possibility of her receiving her immigrant visa within canada.. If they agree, then you do not need to send your wife back to Pakistan.. To land in canada, you actually dont need to leave canada. You can easily go to the US border, emigrate and re-enter (without entering the US), and declare yourself as a PR. The people at the border know this drill, so it shouldnt be a problem.. once u cross the canada border, the US border people will give u a piece of paper saying that you are denied entry into the US (dont worry, its just a piece of paper that they keep for people who want to 'land' in canada and they wouldnt record ur passport details or anything, and it doesnt show on ur records).. you come back to canadian border and show them the letter, your CPR and ur visa.. and then will process your landing..

UOC said:
Usually Remedical and Passport requests are two different requests and you have to comply both. So passport should be submitted within 15 days and medical should be performed within 30 days. They will keep the passport and wait for medical results and then issue the visa. Pakistan dont allow the courier companies to carry passports. Even if you manage to send the passport with some other means, at the time of delivery of passport back they only hand-over to the applicant. Secondly, in order to get PR, your wife needs to land at canada with the landing paper. So this situation is complicated. The best way is to let your wife fly back home.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Most of the questions have been answered just to add to Danny's post that the cost of delivery in Canada without a health plan is:

$10,000 to $30,000 for a simple delivery
$30,000 to $50,000 for a complicated delivery

If you are a Canadian citizen then your child would automatically be a citizen if he/she is born in Pakistan; all you have to do then is apply for his/her passport/traveling document, but if you are a PR then you must add your child to your wife's application as your dependent which would then delay the process as others have mentioned.

strang3r said:

Danny4450 said:
Couple of things you need to know before you take a step further:

1) Cost of pregnancy in Canada (Without health coverage)
2) You will have to add the new born on your application if your wife decides to have the delivery in Pakistan.

As your wife can't get the Re-medical done till her delivery(they wouldn't accept the old X-ray), you might want to inform CHC-I about your situation. They give you 30 days to get the Re-medical done, so you can just write them an email telling them about your situation and ask for Re-medical extension for 3-4 months atleast. First you have to decide where you want to get her delivery done. If you can bear the cost of delivery in Canada, then its better to have it here as the newborn will have a Canadian birth certificate. If you want to have it in Pakistan, then be prepared for additional wait as you will have to apply for your newborn on your wife's current application or a new application to sponsor your child which would delay the Visa for either your wife or your child. Your wife might get the Visa after the re-medical but she ll have to stay with the child as the child would be 3-4 months old when she get her Visa. Or if you decide to add the child on your wife's application after birth, then it might take some time for both of them to get the Visa.
UOC said: