became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tor-wi said:
Nope, it's not popular in Pakistan but many prefer this when the wedding is done with a non-resident specially the parents of the bride as they do not want a nawasa/nawasi without the bride's husband being with her to support her emotionally and be there for the birth of the kid.

Also, trust is another issue, what if the guy does full shadi and never returns? or what if the immigration does not work out and he send out a divorce (God forbid) + considering other suspicions + fikermand rishteydars and their microscopic monitoring of the husband's character = Nikah seems like a smart solution....she is married yet not married... :p

are you representing CHC-ISB in justifying rukhsati...:)

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok someone has to give me +1 because I am superstitious about my +13 rating .......... Tori-wife if you dont give me +1 . I will give you +1 to make u +13 ..........equally evil...:)

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
alpha1980 said:
Congratts ayeshaa for your remedical request. You will have your ppr in 1-3 months after u submit your remedical.. Goodluck and pray for us..

Thanks Alpha! How are you feeling now? Out of the hospital? Please take care specially in this weather when dengue etc is getting very common...:s

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
became-a-loner said:
ok someone has to give me +1 because I am superstitious about my +13 rating .......... Tori-wife if you dont give me +1 . I will give you +1 to make u +13 ..........equally evil...:)
There .. I gave you a +1. Btw 13 could have been lucky 13 for you.. lol

anzee

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
Aug 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2012
LANDED..........
???????????
Yes, thats the same doubt they have in that way ppl feel secure. if u get married out side. i think they r right but how to convince chc-i

Tor-wi said:
Nope, it's not popular in Pakistan but many prefer this when the wedding is done with a non-resident specially the parents of the bride as they do not want a nawasa/nawasi without the bride's husband being with her to support her emotionally and be there for the birth of the kid.

Also, trust is another issue, what if the guy does full shadi and never returns? or what if the immigration does not work out and he send out a divorce (God forbid) + considering other suspicions + fikermand rishteydars and their microscopic monitoring of the husband's character = Nikah seems like a smart solution....she is married yet not married... :p

Tor-wi

Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Re-Med: 15-06-2011
Hate to admit but it is true...that until rukhsati a shadi is not really shadi technically...however, correction here is...according to CIC's definition, acceptable marriage is when it is in accordance with the laws and regulations of the country in which you are getting married...so we all are married...just some of us did not do rukhsati...they better expand on the definition and add the commencement of marriage part in it too :)
became-a-loner said:
are you representing CHC-ISB in justifying rukhsati...:)

Tor-wi

Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
just for the post you wrote before and it made me laugh...I will give you a +1 :p

became-a-loner said:

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
shamsia said:
Which brings me to another question...why is Nikah without Rukhsati so popular in Pakistan?
Its not popular too popular in Pakistan, its mostly popular with the foreign groom/bride cases.

Lets say if one of these things happen, then the girls life would be hell:

1) The guy turns out to be a jerk and doesn't want the girl to come to the foreign country.
2) Immigration refuses the cases, saying that the relationship is not genuine and appeal is rejected.
3) The girl gets pregnant and her family has to take care of everything and until the girlt gets a visa there is a lot of stress due to the What ifs.

If the rukhsati isnt done, the girls immediate family and the close family can tell people that only nikkah was done in the previous marriage and then its easier for her to marry another guy rather than staying divorced. There is a fault in peoples mentality and thinking there and that needs to be changed for the betterment of the society.

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
Tor-wi said:
Hate to admit but it is true...that until rukhsati a shadi is not really shadi technically...however, correct here is...according to CIC's definition, acceptable marriage is when it is in accordance with the laws and regulations of the country in which you are getting married...so we all are married...just some of us did not do rukhsati...they better expand on the definition and add the commencement of marriage part in it too :)

But even otherwise, its a common practice in Pakistan because you are husband wife by contract, religiously,legally, morally...however, till, for instance, studies arnt completed the girl stays with the parents till the actual 'rukhsati/vidaai'- its easier for them to go out in public, or communicate and socialize with the grooms family, since alot of families are not that liberal and do not approve of their daughters meeting their fiance in public, or roaming around alone or for their daughter to visit the fiance's house. So the Nikkah is performed, since they do become husband and wife legally, but since they are not living together the marriage isnt consummated...

lonly widout hubby

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islmabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
sep 2010 &" refill-forms+ repcc) 2nd jan 2012
Nomination.....
RPRF Fee letter "28th march 2012"
AOR Received.
sep 2010 ( dated aug)
File Transfer...
aug 2010
Med's Request
feb 2nd 2012 (remedical ws sent on 28th dec 2011 , but we never recieved it , ask to resend on 24th jan)
Passport Req..
21st july 2012 ! Allah ka shukar !
VISA ISSUED...
11 aug 2012 mashalla see :)
ayesha_a said:
But even otherwise, its a common practice in Pakistan because you are husband wife by contract, religiously,legally, morally...however, till, for instance, studies arnt completed the girl stays with the parents till the actual 'rukhsati/vidaai'- its easier for them to go out in public, or communicate and socialize with the grooms family, since alot of families are not that liberal and do not approve of their daughters meeting their fiance in public, or roaming around alone or for their daughter to visit the fiance's house. So the Nikkah is performed, since they do become husband and wife legally, but since they are not living together the marriage isnt consummated...
how did u got remedical so earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????????????????????????
i m augest i didnt heard nythng?
did u do nythng special ???

Tor-wi

Oct 26, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Yeah, I guess it has taken the place of engagement now which is less reliable since it can be broken off more easily (take off the ring and mo per maro - kahani khatam ;D)…even if let’s say one side family is not happy with the relationship but agrees to tie the knot due to their manjo/laila crying too many tear and flooding the country, the other side will demand Nikah (mostly girl’s side demands it) instead of engagement. Breaking Nikah not only has consequences in the society but also in the religion…as Khuda ka Khauf factor resides in such relations…and I agree with you Ayesha…I’ve seen cases that you have stated as well…

ayesha_a said:

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
lonly widout hubby said:
how did u got remedical so earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???????????????????????????
i m augest i didnt heard nythng?
did u do nythng special ???

Nahi yaar I didnt do anything...You'll hear something soon just keep praying

ayesha_a

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sept 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
Tor-wi said:
Yeah, I guess it has taken the place of engagement now which is less reliable since it can be broken off more easily (take off the ring and mo per maro - kahani khatam ;D)...even if let's say one side family is not happy with the relationship but agrees to tie the knot due to their manjo/laila crying too many tear and flooding the country, the other side will demand Nikah (mostly girl's side demands it) instead of engagement. Breaking Nikah not only has consequences in the society but also in the religion...as Khuda ka Khauf factor resides in such relations...and I agree with you Ayesha...I've seen cases that you have stated as well...

Haan true...Girls side demand it usually taakey bandey ki koi credibility ho and he cant run away...though, those who intend cheating cheat anyway :mad:

Acha khair, koi mujey +1 he dey de... ::)

depression

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
inshALLAH BEFORE THE END OF 2012.
ayesha_a said:
Haan true...Girls side demand it usually taakey bandey ki koi credibility ho and he cant run away...though, those who intend cheating cheat anyway :mad:

Acha khair, koi mujey +1 he dey de... ::)
ye +1 se kia hota hai yeh point system koi mje btaye ga plz