kashif8597

May 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-April-2010
AOR Received.
13-July-2010
My wife's address just re-appeared after 3 weeks. I am July 2010 AOR, hoping she gets rePCC request.

fj423

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
no one replied...:(

I was thinking after reading some of the posts on this forum regarding the background checks.
My husband (the applicant) works for NATO/ISAF as a translator for the German Army. Do you think his background/security checks would take longer? To work for this company, you need the highest security clearances though. hmm...
He also lived in pakistan for 10 years - does that mean he will be asked to obtain a PCC from there too? He was born and is currently living back in Afghanistan and sent his current PCC from afghanistan.
Oh boy, I think this is going to be a long case

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
re med oct2010,re pcc jan 2011
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
Khilafah5 said:
sis i know its long time for you but dont stress urself out inshallah u will get really soon
inshaAllah :(

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fj423 said:

I was thinking after reading some of the posts on this forum regarding the background checks.
My husband (the applicant) works for NATO/ISAF as a translator for the German Army. Do you think his background/security checks would take longer? To work for this company, you need the highest security clearances though. hmm...
He also lived in pakistan for 10 years - does that mean he will be asked to obtain a PCC from there too? He was born and is currently living back in Afghanistan and sent his current PCC from afghanistan.
Background checks totally depend on travel/work/education history and can take anywhere from 45 days to 2+ years. Now it depends how much deeper CSIS wants to go for one'e BG checks. It varies case to case as I said depending on applicant's history. So since his work is a little different and have lived in Pakistan and Afghanistan, it might take a little bit longer than some of the other cases. Lets hope thats not the case with your husband and it gets done in no time...

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fj423 said:

wes786 said:
Background checks totally depend on travel/work/education history and can take anywhere from 45 days to 2+ years. Now it depends how much deeper CSIS wants to go for one'e BG checks. It varies case to case as I said depending on applicant's history. So since his work is a little different and have lived in Pakistan and Afghanistan, it might take a little bit longer than some of the other cases. Lets hope thats not the case with your husband and it gets done in no time...

oh WOW, ya for sure CSIS will definitely be nervous and confused going back and forth!! and as a canadian u know there's nothing worse than a 'confused canadian'......lol

lets hope for good

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fj423 said:

Also forgot to mention that YES he will require PCC from Pakistan since he lived there for 10 years. He needs to provide PCC for each area (even if its the same city, but lived at two different addresses) he lived in for 6 months or more. For Example: So you said he lived in Pakistan for 10 years, lets say he lived at Address 1 for 3 years, and Address 2 for 5 years in Karachi, and lived at Address 1 for 1 year and Adress 2 for 1year in Lahore, he will require 4 PCCs from Pakistan and same rules apply to any other country he has lived in including Afghanistan. Hope that helps...

fj423

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
thanks for the info wes! how would he get the pcc from pakistan if he lives in afghanistan? would it be through the pakistan embassy in afghanistan :S
wow..i guess he will have to go and get it done...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
fj423 said:
thanks for the info wes! how would he get the pcc from pakistan if he lives in afghanistan? would it be through the pakistan embassy in afghanistan :S
wow..i guess he will have to go and get it done...
Yes normally this gets done through the embassies in your home country. I personally hadn't need to do this so I am not exactly sure what the exact process is, but tell him to visit the ebmassy and they will give him a better idea of how to get these PCCs or just call them see if they are able to provide any answers on the phone. I know my cousin in Pakistan had to get a South African PCC and he contacted SA embassy in Pakistna to get this done so I assume the process is same...

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
where's everyone? bestplace4u...one2ka4..yaar kahan hain sab?
nothing from my side yet, everything seems to be quiet rigth now! has anyone from June-July-August 2010 AOR received remed or PPR??

ainy inam

Sep 13, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DodgeCharger said:
where's everyone? bestplace4u...one2ka4..yaar kahan hain sab?
nothing from my side yet, everything seems to be quiet rigth now! has anyone from June-July-August 2010 AOR received remed or PPR??
yes i am july aor and i have done remdcl.............

ainy inam

Sep 13, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KAAMIA72 said:
I had thought to write when I would finally receive my passport but in the interest of time and knowledge, please accept this as Part 1 of my analysis. This post is to note down the lessons learnt from my own experience in the process so that the new ones in the process avoid the mistakes that I did and I thought would have made the process quicker and/or at least less painful. Please feel free to add in this and/or disagree with my views:

1. Fill the forms carefully and give special emphasis on the forms in which personal history and dates are to be provided
2. Include in your application anything that is helpful to establish your contact with your spouse before marriage
3. Target one month to complete application package and send it immediately after marriage even if you are not sure about the travel or settlement time in Canada
4. Keep your expectations lower with regards to the immigration time line. Hope for the best and think of the worst!:)
5. Don't ask people around (relatives, friends, and third parties), join these forums to know the exact immigration time line prevalent for immigration under this category. As people give weird ideas which just spoils your life plans
6. Never disclose at your work place that you plan to immigrate till you have received at least your Re-medical Request and resign only when you have got your Passport with visa in your hand
7. All those wives who are waiting for visa and husbands are in Canada; prefer to live with your parents if possible. Give CIC the mailing address of your own home and residing address as that of your spouse. If your in-laws are in Pakistan and are understanding, they wouldn't mind this
8. All correspondence that you send to CIC should be through fax or courier. Also put your file number on the top of the envelope else it will be lost in the mail room of CIC for days
9. Focus on your relationship through various techniques, Read how to manage long distance relationship articles on net
10. Remember to keep records of your correspondence and contact with your spouse. I and my husband used to joke to save every cinema tickets or park/event receipts that we attended together. We literally sent this to CIC for establishing the genuine and continuous relationship
11. Call your spouse very frequently and keep the log of it. It's very helpful. Since it's cheaper from Pakistan, use the post paid mobile for calling your spouse from here.
12. Always remember to tag the pictures correctly with names, event, date and location and take picture of you and your spouse along with other family members also. This helps in making it known that your relationship is widely known to the community around you, be it friends or relatives or colleagues
13. Keep sending emails to CIC frequently and frequent means once a month
14. Asking your MP to inquire about your process is not a bad idea and it does not hurt the case
15. There is no harm in applying for a visit visa when you start the process. If you are lucky to get it, it will make the process at least easy and less painful. I would encourage this but Never never never overstay if you do get the visit visa.
16. There is no harm in applying under more than one category specially if the spouse is likely to get very good points under fed skill app category
17. Don't get scared by the stories of people on the forum who have a process beyond the maximum time written on CIC website. These are difficult cases and you may or may not know the details
18. Trust that though CIC is not efficient but it will accept rational or logic
19. Send your PCC voluntarily when ever it expires specially after the first one nine months of the processing of your application
20. Inquire for your CAIPS notes after your first letter or correspondence received from CIC
21. Notify change in address through all three means, fax, email and courier
The sentence structure of the above para may be confusing and am planning to improve it sometime later.
CONGRATULATIONS A LOT FOR UR PPR AND THANKS FOR TIPS................................ :)
PRAY FOR ME AS WELL :'(

ainy inam

Sep 13, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AUR YE KON HAY JO MUJHAY - RATING KARTA HAY :mad: AUR KU KARTA HAY......................... ???