Interview........
waiting!
Passport Req..
waiting!
VISA ISSUED...
waiting!
LANDED..........
waiting!
Hi Alll ! I’m working in MetLife, an Insurance Company, yesterday we got an insurance application of an Engineer working in Canadian Embassy, Islamabad. There was some confusion in his address mentioned on application form so I called him to confirm his correspondence address. At that time I was so desperate to ask him about my file but couldn’t due to x number of factors !! Just imagine talking to a person whose somewhere close to the store room where all the immigration files are kept!! :(

M

Mafia

Fine, so here is my secret, My very close friend happens to be PPO (Personal Protection Officer) of High Commissioner. I used that card to expedite my process a bit. Luckily i wont be asked for Remed (For sure). Have submitted the RePCC and additional information and the letter said that decision will be made within 45 days of issuance of the latter i received on June 30. I feel kind of bad that i had to use a Red Channel for this... but ... what do they say? In rome, Do what the romans do! :-X

Liakram

Star Member
Mar 7, 2011
Do they send re.medical after background checks are complete? Wes brother can you shed some light re this? much appreciated.

M

Mafia

Liakram said:
Do they send re.medical after background checks are complete? Wes brother can you shed some light re this? much appreciated.
They Do. Asking for ReMED is just one of their SOP for getting the most updated medical status of the applicant. Thats why they ask for supplimentry information again to cover the 1 year of processing time, that they dont have information of aplicant.

M

Mafia

mdwx said:
sorry in advance if this has been asked already...

can anyone share (or pm me) their experience with immigration when landing for first time... especially how to fill out the declaration card that you get in the plane... is that even applicable to first timers? that card asks for value of goods bringing, but since first time you are allowed to bring as much what do you enter? also did anyone create a list of items that they brought, and especially for the wives who have come how did you deal with the jewelry? Did customs go through the jewelry?

thanks...
Contact Welcome center of Pearson Intl airport. Number can be found on Interweb. the representative there will guide you through all the process.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Mafia said:
Fine, so here is my secret, My very close friend happens to be PPO (Personal Protection Officer) of High Commissioner. I used that card to expedite my process a bit. Luckily i wont be asked for Remed (For sure). Have submitted the RePCC and additional information and the letter said that decision will be made within 45 days of issuance of the latter i received on June 30. I feel kind of bad that i had to use a Red Channel for this... but ... what do they say? In rome, Do what the romans do! :-X
A few have got the favours, and you happen to be one of them Congrats!

Not too long ago there was another person whose wife happened to be an immigration officer and his case was done in 10months he was a June AOR...

M

Mafia

mdwx said:
sorry in advance if this has been asked already...

can anyone share (or pm me) their experience with immigration when landing for first time... especially how to fill out the declaration card that you get in the plane... is that even applicable to first timers? that card asks for value of goods bringing, but since first time you are allowed to bring as much what do you enter? also did anyone create a list of items that they brought, and especially for the wives who have come how did you deal with the jewelry? Did customs go through the jewelry?

thanks...
Here are the addresses..

Welcome Centre - Markham North
8400 Woodbine Ave, Suite 102-103
Markham, ON
L3R 4N7
(South of Highway 7)

Welcome Centre - Richmond Hill
South Hill Shopping Centre
9325 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, ON
L4C 0A8
(North of 16th Ave)

Welcome Centre - Markham South
7220 Kennedy Road (Kennedy Fields Plaza)
Markham, ON
L3R 7P2
(South of 14th Avenue)

Welcome Centre – Vaughan
9100 Jane Street, Building H, Vaughan, ON
L4K 0A4
(South of Rutherford Road)

Welcome Centre - Newmarket
16655 Yonge Street, Unit #26
Newmarket, ON
L3X 1V6
(South of Mulock Drive)

Toll-free: 1-877-761-1155
Email: info@welcomecentre.ca

M

Mafia

wes786 said:
A few have got the favours, and you happen to be one of them Congrats!

Not too long ago there was another person whose wife happened to be an immigration officer and his case was done in 10months he was a June AOR...
Friend, I happen to know someone famous (Name Liaqat, Nuff Said????) got his Visa stamped in 5 months... and guess what? that happened THIS YEAR :eek:

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Liakram said:
Not necessarily, sometimes they send it after and sometimes during the background checks. It just depends who is handeling your case... I have seen people receive remedical request after a week or two of rePCC request, and in some cases(my wife's case) she got hers 3 months after rePCC request. So it really depends...

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Mafia said:
Friend, I happen to know someone famous (Name Liaqat, Nuff Said????) got his Visa stamped in 5 months... and guess what? that happened THIS YEAR :eek:
Well, its not hard to get the VISA stamped specially if you have connections within the embassy..

TGIF

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
AOR Received.
July 02 2010
Passport Req..
July 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 13 2011
hinajameel1984 said:
Hi Alll ! I'm working in MetLife, an Insurance Company, yesterday we got an insurance application of an Engineer working in Canadian Embassy, Islamabad. There was some confusion in his address mentioned on application form so I called him to confirm his correspondence address. At that time I was so desperate to ask him about my file but couldn't due to x number of factors !! Just imagine talking to a person whose somewhere close to the store room where all the immigration files are kept!! :(
That was one in a million opportunity you missed out on!! Darn!!

KAAMIA72

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10
File Transfer...
3/10
Passport Req..
7/11
VISA ISSUED...
8/11
LANDED..........
12/11
wes786 said:
Everyone who sent an email to CIC-Islamabad and didn't get a reply, can you please tell me if "applicant's" address is visible while checking online status or not? Let me know if you don't mind so I can make more assumptions :D

Thankyou,
I didnt get a reply and my address is also not visible since this Tuesday i.e. July 5, 2011

jmb2008

Star Member
Jan 6, 2010
zujal said:
Hello everyone;

Just wanted to share some news. I was on the phone with the other half. Whilst talking to him, I learnt that he has received an email form our lawyer in Canada. It was with regards to a correspondence the lawyer's office received form the visa post in Islamabad.

It stated that my husband should send through his passport with in 15 days of the date stated on the letter. The letter is dated 13th of June. So effectively he has missed out on the deadline, thanks to Canada post and their strike.

He has emailed the visa post to allow him some additional time to send over his passport. Any ideas how would this work out?

thanks heaps and good luck everyone...
im in the same boat, isl emailed me to tell me they sent out re-med with a request letter on june 14th, but my lawyer hasnt recieved it yet, where is ur lawyer in canada?

TGIF

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
AOR Received.
July 02 2010
Passport Req..
July 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
July 13 2011
Mafia said:
You mind sharing you're complete timeline?