+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job after AOR (CEC)

cinzhao

Aug 14, 2018
Hi,

Can someone provide me with some insights in regards to accepting a new job offer after I've submitted my PR application? If I accept this new job offer, do I have to notify IRCC? Would that delay the processing of my application?

The new job would be either under the same NOC category or another A class NOC category.

Thank you.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

Canadian Experience Class is all about your past experience, even by the means of one day! So if you change your job, jump through different categories and NOCs after you apply, it's all good. You don't have to notify CIC. No worries.

All the best,

Reactions: Perry088

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Hi,

Can someone provide me with some insights in regards to accepting a new job offer after I've submitted my PR application? If I accept this new job offer, do I have to notify IRCC? Would that delay the processing of my application?

The new job would be either under the same NOC category or another A class NOC category.

Thank you.
Hope you’re not claiming any points for job offer (arranged employment), are you?

cinzhao

Aug 14, 2018
Hi there,

Canadian Experience Class is all about your past experience, even by the means of one day! So if you change your job, jump through different categories and NOCs after you apply, it's all good. You don't have to notify CIC. No worries.

All the best,
Thank you. My only concern is what if for some reason they contacted my current firm assuming that I still work here but being told I have left. Would that be an issue?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Thank you. My only concern is what if for some reason they contacted my current firm assuming that I still work here but being told I have left. Would that be an issue?
Not at all! It's Canadian Experience Class. You can quit your job once you've fulfilled the one year criteria! If they ever call your company, they just want to make sure what you're claiming on your application is true.

If they have any concerns, they will contact you. Don't worry it's all good.

cinzhao

Aug 14, 2018
Hope you’re not claiming any points for job offer (arranged employment), are you?
I don't think so. I tried to look back to find the break down for all the points I got but seems not have access to it anymore. I remember asking if my position has done a LMIA and was advised no. So I imagine I didn't get any points for my job offer.

cinzhao

Aug 14, 2018
Not at all! It's Canadian Experience Class. You can quit your job once you've fulfilled the one year criteria! If they ever call your company, they just want to make sure what you're claiming on your application is true.

If they have any concerns, they will contact you. Don't worry it's all good.
Great, thank you so much for your advise! Really Appreciate.

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
I don't think so. I tried to look back to find the break down for all the points I got but seems not have access to it anymore. I remember asking if my position has done a LMIA and was advised no. So I imagine I didn't get any points for my job offer.
Copy and paste below link in your url after logging in to your MyCIC account and press enter:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/applicationChecklist.do
Then in the bottom, you should see an option like review or something which should gibe you the breakdown of points.