+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing Address After Citizenship Application

basel4380

Jul 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently living in Mississauga and planning to submit my citizenship application by February. Also, listing my current home in the market and planning to move to another home (still in Mississauga). I anticipate this move will happen after application being submitted, so I should inform CIC of address change ... will that have an impact whatsoever on my citizenship application? does that mean they will have to pull up my file to change the address and then as a result will reset my file in the Que?

Regards,

Basel

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basel4380 said:
I am currently living in Mississauga and planning to submit my citizenship application by February. Also, listing my current home in the market and planning to move to another home (still in Mississauga). I anticipate this move will happen after application being submitted, so I should inform CIC of address change ... will that have an impact whatsoever on my citizenship application? does that mean they will have to pull up my file to change the address and then as a result will reset my file in the Que?

Regards,

Basel
I was in the same situation. I moved about 3 months after submitting application, so my ecase was updated and all I had to do is update address online. If you re planning to move before your ecase is updated I'd suggest to include a cover letter and explain that starting xx-xx-xx your mailing and/or residential address would be xxxxxxxx. In the form you need to input your current address when you apply even if the move would be couple of weeks after.
They will not pull up your file from the shelve they just update the info online.

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everything was said above, just don't forget to update your driver's license and other ID's. Good luck.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, did you update your address before your file went in process or it doesn't matter? I just received my AOR. I need to go out of country for 6-7 weeks and I am moving to a new address before traveling.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I moved about 3 months after I sent in my application. I just logged into eCAS and submitted an address change here. Then I checked eCAS every day until I saw it update with my new address. Took about 5 days to get updated. I experienced no delays at all for my application.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's great. Thanks for the info :).

I might follow the same process.

keesio said:
I moved about 3 months after I sent in my application. I just logged into eCAS and submitted an address change here. Then I checked eCAS every day until I saw it update with my new address. Took about 5 days to get updated. I experienced no delays at all for my application.