+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHANGE of VISA OFFICE [from Ottawa to Local VO] - Anyone ?

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
pr_rider said:
did you email them from your personal email ? what was the content of your email ?
thanks a bunch
Hi,
I sent thru CPC-Ottawa for my family change visa office and I received an automated reply like this.

IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:
* Surname and Given name(s);
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

So I send them again twice with this format above my email letter.
I sent it last Oct. 29 and I got my request granted letter on MyCIC last Nov. 02 from Canadian Embassy Manila.

pr_rider

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
In land
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
27-05-2015
File Transfer...
27-05-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2015
Nebm31 said:
Hi,
I sent thru CPC-Ottawa for my family change visa office and I received an automated reply like this.

IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:
* Surname and Given name(s);
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

So I send them again twice with this format above my email letter.
I sent it last Oct. 29 and I got my request granted letter on MyCIC last Nov. 02 from Canadian Embassy Manila.
Hello Nebm31,

thank you for answering me . so you emailed them at " CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca " ? and to do so you used your personal email not through electronic forum or something , right ?

thank you again :)

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
local ppr received on 7th Nov

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pr_rider said:
Hello Nebm31,

thank you for answering me . so you emailed them at " CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca " ? and to do so you used your personal email not through electronic forum or something , right ?

yes pr_rider that is the email address.
It will be mentioned in your original ppr as well where they ask ppl outside Canada and US to send them emails for change to LVOs..
you have to send it through your personal email address (wud recommend the same email add as registered with cic).
i composed my email on top of the original ppr email so most of my details were already there - i just copied them again on the top..

and yes, sorry for the late response to your previous message- somehow missed it :(
but nebm31 has already given you all the details required.. just add your personal (and family) details with the desired local visa office and they'll send you the local PPR in around 10-15 days as a new msg in mycic with an email notification to your personal email account.
if you want, you could also include your passport numbers and Exp entry application number in the email..

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
pr_rider said:
Hello Nebm31,

Hi! @pr_rider
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I sent them thru my personal email add and you will received an automated reply right away. The first reply was on my spam so I barraged them with 2 more email successively to ensure that they will receive it. After 4 working days I received an arrangement request letter form Canadian Embassy Manila in MyCIC.

NeilSam

Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Sep-18th
AOR Received.
Sep-23th
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Feb 15th 2016
LANDED..........
March 3rd 2016
Hello All,

Thanks for sharing all your experience, many of my questions regarding change of LVO got cleared after reading all your posts.

Here is my case, I have submitted my PR application under PNP category Inland on Sep24th and still waiting for the final decision.
current status is BG in progress. But I have some plans for vacation to home country for about 3 months starting from December. as of now I don't have work permit, I am just on Implied status n if I leave Canada, I can't come back unless I get my PR.

Once the decision is made and I get PPR.
1) I will just get a message in My cic account correct? (not to personal email, however we get an email that our my cic is updated )
2) I just need to send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca including all the details n ask to issue new PPR to LVO correct?
3) The email can be sent via my cic registered email address and in 1 or 2 weeks , I will get new PPR.
4) Once , I get new PPR, I will send it to local LVO and we receive our passport with single entry stamp(how long will be the validity of stamp will be?)

please clarify thanks

Adi_16 said:
yes pr_rider that is the email address.
It will be mentioned in your original ppr as well where they ask ppl outside Canada and US to send them emails for change to LVOs..
you have to send it through your personal email address (wud recommend the same email add as registered with cic).
i composed my email on top of the original ppr email so most of my details were already there - i just copied them again on the top..

and yes, sorry for the late response to your previous message- somehow missed it :(
but nebm31 has already given you all the details required.. just add your personal (and family) details with the desired local visa office and they'll send you the local PPR in around 10-15 days as a new msg in mycic with an email notification to your personal email account.
if you want, you could also include your passport numbers and Exp entry application number in the email..

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
NeilSam said:
Hello All,

Thanks for sharing all your experience, many of my questions regarding change of LVO got cleared after reading all your posts.

Here is my case, I have submitted my PR application under PNP category Inland on Sep24th and still waiting for the final decision.
current status is BG in progress. But I have some plans for vacation to home country for about 3 months starting from December. as of now I don't have work permit, I am just on Implied status n if I leave Canada, I can't come back unless I get my PR.

1) I will just get a message in My cic account correct? (not to personal email, however we get an email that our my cic is updated )
2) I just need to send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca including all the details n ask to issue new PPR to LVO correct?
3) The email can be sent via my cic registered email address and in 1 or 2 weeks , I will get new PPR.
4) Once , I get new PPR, I will send it to local LVO and we receive our passport with single entry stamp(how long will be the validity of stamp will be?)

please clarify thanks
Hi. @NeilSam

Read this link by Alhadha. To fast track your passport.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ecas-decision-made-and-no-ppr-express-entry-candidates-connect-here-t315428.0.html;msg4637856#msg4637856

Adi_16

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NeilSam said:
Hello All,

please clarify thanks
just what i know.. seniors may pls clarify all doubts..

1) No, original ppr is an email to personal address, local vo ppr is as a new msg in mycic account.
2) & 3) Not sure they change VO upon any and all request - in my case (and most other cases), i reside outside US and Canada so cic asks us to request for a change in VO to LVO.. dont know if they do that if person is inland -- am not saying they dont, just that i dont know.
4) Normally it is around 1 year from completing upfront medicals - in my case it is 1 yr + 1 week.

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
Can anybody let me knw how does the request letter looks like after the visa office changed to Local VO?

sujani

Aug 6, 2011
We got new ppr from vfs delhi but it is with my name not my husband? Can anybody shed light on this and let me knw whn VO is changed, vl the new letter is on my husband name or my name? Pls help

santaita7

Sep 28, 2015
Hi All!

I got my PPR. I'm currently in my home country in Europe and that's what my email says:

"If you are unable to submit any of the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that alternate arrangements can be explored."

How do I ask for a change to a LVO? I just email that to the address included in the email? Any specific explanation I should provide for the change?

Thanks!!

pr_rider

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
In land
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
27-05-2015
File Transfer...
27-05-2015
Med's Request
27-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-05-2015
Dear PR Applicants i need your help !
i am inland FSW applicant and i finally received PPR . i am currently not in Canada , i am in my home country. Canada does not have an embassy or consular section or vac here. and my wife does not have a visa to come to Canada.
can I ask to change Visa office to any country or it has to be a specific country that serving application for permanent resident for my country ?
i tried calling CIC agents but they are always busy ! and express entry is a new program many things changed !!!

pleaaaaaaaaase help

NeilSam

Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Sep-18th
AOR Received.
Sep-23th
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Feb 15th 2016
LANDED..........
March 3rd 2016
Adi_16 said:
just what i know.. seniors may pls clarify all doubts..

1) No, original ppr is an email to personal address, local vo ppr is as a new msg in mycic account.
2) & 3) Not sure they change VO upon any and all request - in my case (and most other cases), i reside outside US and Canada so cic asks us to request for a change in VO to LVO.. dont know if they do that if person is inland -- am not saying they dont, just that i dont know.
4) Normally it is around 1 year from completing upfront medicals - in my case it is 1 yr + 1 week.
Thanks Nebm31 and Adi_16 for the response, yes agree with you there is potential risk associated if I do so.
But technically they should not have any problem when I mention that I am on vacation n I need PPR from LVO.
ok how about if I do this way, when I get PPR request , Can I send the passport to Ottawa from India(will courier services accept to send passports to other country), I heard they won't accept to send passport to a person , but if your sending it to VO then they will(bt not sure).

Thanks,
sam

Satsu

Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I finally received my PPR yesterday from Ottawa after a month long wait.. I stay inside Canada while my spouse stays outside Canada.

I understand that I need to send a CSE to Ottawa for a VO change for my spouse..

Can anyone pls guide if I can submit my passport in the meantime to Ottawa for stamping or should I wait until I get the VO changed for my spouse?