+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of employer while PR (ontario PNP) in process

Jul 11, 2012
Folks,

I am PNP Applicant, and i have done my medical last year in June. I am waiting for my PR, i am really sick and tired with current employer but i heard i have to stay with employer until i get my PR. I was nominated by Ontario in October 2010, I applied under International Student with Offer letter stream. I don't know when i will get PR and it is driving me crazy with current employer on other hand i am been offered very competitive jobs. Have anyone experienced similar issue, i will really appreciate your input on the matter. Thanks.

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
yes, this is true. you gotta stick with the employer until you get pr as you applied under employer driver stream. however you could take chances. if your employer inform cic or cic call them to check if you are still working or not not, then you would be screwed.
but why your federal part is getting so long to get pr.

dee001

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
KnowledgeSeeker said:
Folks,

I am PNP Applicant, and i have done my medical last year in June. I am waiting for my PR, i am really sick and tired with current employer but i heard i have to stay with employer until i get my PR. I was nominated by Ontario in October 2010, I applied under International Student with Offer letter stream. I don't know when i will get PR and it is driving me crazy with current employer on other hand i am been offered very competitive jobs. Have anyone experienced similar issue, i will really appreciate your input on the matter. Thanks.
Hi @knowledgeseeker...I think you should call ontario and ask what your options are. I switched employers with no problem, but I applied under the pnp masters stream (with job offer attached).

jagga

Feb 25, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
10 June 2014
Med's Request
2 feb 2016- remedical
Med's Done....
5 feb 2016-remedical
Interview........
1 feb 2016 (Application approved)
Passport Req..
8 MAY 2017
VISA ISSUED...
17 MAY 2017
LANDED..........
20 MAY 2017
dee001 said:
Hi @ knowledgeseeker...I think you should call ontario and ask what your options are. I switched employers with no problem, but I applied under the pnp masters stream (with job offer attached).
if apply under job offer stream, you cant leave that employer until you get pr.its a condition.

Jul 11, 2012
jagga said:
if apply under job offer stream, you cant leave that employer until you get pr.its a condition.
Thanks for reply Jagga, what i have researched so far Ontarion PNP regardless of their stream are not asked for proof of employement when passport is requested however if PNP is from Alberta or BC then VO office asks for employment proof when asked for passport. I don't know why its taking too long but it is driving me crazy... i have also requested GCMS and it is clear from the notes that they are done with my file since December 2011 but i don't know wht they are doing with it.

My pnp is under international student with offer letter, when i applied for PNP at that time there was no such category as Master's stream..however i have done my Masters here in Ontario if that category would have available at that time i would have applied under that category coz that gives freedom..

Ontario PNP web site is not informative enough, they should have discussed this issue on their site coz its more common scenario in today's tight economy.

I sent an email to Ontario PNP couple of months ago.. but there answer was kind of diplomatic:

"If Opportunities Ontario learns that a prospective nominee left their employer while we consider their nominee application, the program has the right to deny the nomination. If Opportunities Ontario learns that a nominee left their employer while the permanent resident application is in process, the program has the right to withdraw its nomination which is likely to result in a denial of permanent resident status.

However, once an individual becomes a permanent resident, they have the right to work and live wherever they wish. These are Charter rights and are universal."

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Weird!

Usually for applicants from within Canada PNP applications take 6-8 months by the federal government to approve; yours is taking 2 years, and you don't like your employer! That must be tough. However, unfortunately, you cannot leave your employer until you get PR. Hang on to it man! Just think of long you have waited and think that soon you'll be PR of the great Canada after all these years!

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Hi knowledgeseeker I know this is a very old thread but, can you please share to us your experience? Thank you!