+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change from Fall to Summer Intake - What do I need to do?

Ogacia

Feb 16, 2021
Hi everyone!
I just received my Study Permit approval today!!! Yayyy
I really thought it was going to take longer. I got response 5 weeks after Biometrics.
Since the approval was so fast, I am thinking of starting my studies sooner, instead of starting in the Fall. I would like to do so in the Summer semester. The University already told me they can change my Acceptance letter for the Summer semester and I can begin my studies between May and August (Private Institution).
But, I want to know:
Is there any other process I have to do? Should I notify IRCC? Or is there no problem to go ahead and start online.
I am thinking of traveling maybe in August, since things right now are kind of hecktic.
Thanks for your help!!!

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi everyone!
I just received my Study Permit approval today!!! Yayyy
I really thought it was going to take longer. I got response 5 weeks after Biometrics.
Since the approval was so fast, I am thinking of starting my studies sooner, instead of starting in the Fall. I would like to do so in the Summer semester. The University already told me they can change my Acceptance letter for the Summer semester and I can begin my studies between May and August (Private Institution).
But, I want to know:
Is there any other process I have to do? Should I notify IRCC? Or is there no problem to go ahead and start online.
I am thinking of traveling maybe in August, since things right now are kind of hecktic.
Thanks for your help!!!
Get a new LOA and send it via webform if it is the same DLI