+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Certain forms not generating barcodes

Robotex140

Feb 19, 2017
Hi Im applying online for a study visa and there are a few different forms i needed to complete. After that they needed to be validated and they would generate a barcode. This did work on the IMM 1294 form (Application for study permit) but does not work for the IMM5257B_1 (Application for temporary Residence). Whenever I press validate on the form IMM5257 i get a pop up window saying that the validation was completed successfully. Normally i would leave it at that however hovering my mouse over validate button shows a tab that says the barcodes should be generated. Ive tried different solutions like using different pdf readers, reinstalling java, downgrading to older java versions, checking the plugin is active and has permission to run to no avail.

After all the failed solutions it hit me that the description might just be copy pasted from the IMM1294 form and doesnt actually generate barcodes since the descriptions are identical and my java is working since it worked with the other form. Because when pressing the validate button it does say "validated Yes" in the box in the top right and the java script gives me the pop up anyways of it working. However I would like to have a confirmation because if I am wrong that means I need to continue running my head into the wall trying different adobe versions and java versions.

Tl:dr
Is the IMM5227b_1 form (application for temporary residence) meant to generate barcodes or is it just the IMM1294 that does this

Robotex140

Feb 19, 2017
I should specify that the IMM5257B_1 form is the schedule 1 form and that is the one im having trouble with. Ive seen alot of conflicting info about the IMM5257 forms and it seems the schedule 1 is different to the normal IMM 5257E

Needhelp18

May 7, 2017
Hi I was wondering if you ever found an answer to this. I am currently having the same problem and wondering the same thing that you posted back in February.

I'm filling out the section 1 and click validate and also not receiving the barcodes and wondering if they will ever really generate.

If you ever found an answer it would be greatly appreciated

Kemy89

Oct 7, 2017
Hi.
I am having the same issue. Initially, I had a problem with the Application form (IMM 1294) as well, but downgrading Adobe to 11 solved this issue and barcodes appears now. But when it comes to IMM5257B_1 (Application for Temporary Residence) Adobe Reader says it's successfully validated but there no barcodes appear.
What I think is usually if the problem with Abode (the version) after validation a new page is added but no barcodes are shown - this is when validate button doesn't work at all. In this particular case with IMM5257B form additional page is being added, therefore maybe it's the it should be- validation without barcodes.
Any feedback from successful applicants is appreciated.

Reactions: Darshak7