+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience while implied status

ravidgohil@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017
I am still little hesitant because of what the representative said. Maybe you and I can give a call again and share what they say?
Sure we can do that, I will call them and ask if I can use the time between pgwp application date & approval date. Maybe you can do the same and also I think we can ask them to send an email of the conversation and that way we wjll have a firm answer plus proof to include in the application.

Reactions: JinandMango

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Sure we can do that, I will call them and ask if I can use the time between pgwp application date & approval date. Maybe you can do the same and also I think we can ask them to send an email of the conversation and that way we wjll have a firm answer plus proof to include in the application.
Sounds like a plan. I will call them by end of today and update you tomorrow.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please once you call them quote the information on the IRCC website and watch them stumble.

This is for entertainment purposes of course.

Reactions: JinandMango

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Alright, so I just had a conversation with a very rude representative.

He said the implied status experience won't count because I worked with Student Permit during implied status and until I get a copy of my PGWP.
For those who had Work Permit and requested to extend, the implied status counts because they are suing their Work Permit during implied status.

He said this is law and clearly indicated somewhere which I did not give a shit because he was insanely rude

bhutravi1991

Dec 1, 2017
Hello guys
I have one question for my PR application
So here scenario
My study permit valid till 31 july 2017.
My study finish on 17 April 2017.
I start my field job on 18 April 2017.
I apply for PGWP on 30 june 2017.
My PGWP approved on 19 sept.2017.

So my question is my field job experience count under CEC category
Count from which date?

Any help is much appreciate.

Thanks
Ravi

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi @DelPiero07

I applied for CEC-Inland last month while my work permit extension application was being processed.

I did not attach proof of implied status in my PR application but I have submitted that via webform since. I used the implied status to cover last 3 weeks of work to get 1-year work experience for CEC. Can you please comment on this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1134&top=29
@Sparta02 , Hi did u get a reply to ur question? What did u include as proof of your implied status? Thanks

Sparta02

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
@Sparta02 , Hi did u get a reply to ur question? What did u include as proof of your implied status? Thanks
To prove implied status, you need to attach work permit that has expired/is expiring AND the acknowledgment letter from IRCC that you have applied for an extension before the current work permit expired. Attach an explanation note if you want to explain your situation.

Some specific types of foreign workers cant benefit from implied status - not completely sure which categories so you'll have to do a bit of research

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
To prove implied status, you need to attach work permit that has expired/is expiring AND the acknowledgment letter from IRCC that you have applied for an extension before the current work permit expired. Attach an explanation note if you want to explain your situation.

Some specific types of foreign workers cant benefit from implied status - not completely sure which categories so you'll have to do a bit of research
Thanks. It's PGWP.

jitesh2013

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Hey folks,
I just called CIC and they said the work experience counts from the date you've received your PGWP. so the experience while on implied status doesn't count.
However, it seems like some people actually get PR using the "implied status work experience" Is this just a mistake by whoever reviewed applications?
Can I give it a shot with the implied status work experience? If I get rejected, am I going to be banned or something?

It will make a huge change to my CRS as I can apply with 2 years experience.

Thanks!
Have you got permanent residency using implied status experience? or your application got rejected?