+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Work Experience Duration Issue

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Hi All,

I started working in mid feb last year so i am entering into the system that i work from Feb/2014 to present. But system calculates it as one year experience in Canada since it counts months only from Feb/2014 to Jan/2015 which makes it one year. I am not entering any kind of wrong information ...what should i do if anything ? Coz i dont want it to be a case of misrepresentation...

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
dukhi said:
Hi All,

I started working in mid feb last year so i am entering into the system that i work from Feb/2014 to present. But system calculates it as one year experience in Canada since it counts months only from Feb/2014 to Jan/2015 which makes it one year. I am not entering any kind of wrong information ...what should i do if anything ? Coz i dont want it to be a case of misrepresentation...
You haven't misrepresented, you've selected the correct options, start date which is month/year, and no end date. It's not your fault if the system has rounding errors due to working off a year/month. It would be misrepresentation if you selected January or March 2014 because that is not true.

ferop456

Jan 14, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the same issue

been working for a year here

EE system does not acknowledge that because it was not monthly 1 year..

rather 52 weeks..

so frustrating

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
I also have a unique issue..i worked for company X to their client site which is Y from 14 th jan2014 to 14 th jan 2015. Now i am made permanent in the company Y from 15th jan 2015. I do not know waht to give? Shall i give working there as present or divide it into 2 group. Its basically the same company?

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
dukhi said:
Hi All,

Its definitely not mis representation. Thats the way their system is design.

all_the_best

Star Member
May 25, 2012
curious_123 said:
I also have a unique issue..i worked for company X to their client site which is Y from 14 th jan2014 to 14 th jan 2015. Now i am made permanent in the company Y from 15th jan 2015. I do not know waht to give? Shall i give working there as present or divide it into 2 group. Its basically the same company?
In my opinion you should split it as X and Y and mention your employer company for the 14 Jan 14 to 14 Jan 15 duration. Thats the company that employed you and though you worked "on a project" at you current employer, your current employer did actually hire you in Jan 15 as its employee. Your salary slips, employment certificate etc will be from your employer company right? Hope this helps.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
dukhi said:
Hi All,

Where are you entering this ?? Is that when you create EE profile or in the ITA ??

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
dukhi said:
creating profile in EE
No matter what system assigns..
We must meet the 52 weeks of IN CANADA requirement. If I get ITA before that, I am ready to decline one if I get before that period is over.
I was out of Canada on vacation for 8 weeks and even though I declared it correctly, EE says I am eligible for CEC and I know for a fact that I am not.

Not taking any chance. Not getting a PR is one thing. Being received as "Misrepresented" is a whole another thing.
A lot is given to the discretion of the officer rather than system giving a Green Tick Vs Red Cross. One officer may be convinced while the other may not.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Maplemadness82 said:
No matter what system assigns..
We must meet the 52 weeks of IN CANADA requirement. If I get ITA before that, I am ready to decline one if I get before that period is over.
I was out of Canada on vacation for 8 weeks and even though I declared it correctly, EE says I am eligible for CEC and I know for a fact that I am not.

Not taking any chance. Not getting a PR is one thing. Being received as "Misrepresented" is a whole another thing.
A lot is given to the discretion of the officer rather than system giving a Green Tick Vs Red Cross. One officer may be convinced while the other may not.
Were you on full paid vacation?

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
dukhi said:
Were you on full paid vacation?
Yes..fully paid with ADP pay stubs to prove.
Its about 5 weeks of work from remote + 3 weeks of vacation.

At the outset, if i get invited and apply without meeting the period, he will reject it. And, I do not want to go through the hassle of appealing and other BS plus mainly I do not have an employer who would support me by providing me all the extra docs that are needed.. all this BS for couple of weeks of wait time..I'd rather wait.. and try only after fully meeting the 52 wk period.

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
I have a query regarding proof of funds for CEC in express entry profile. I have entered my annaul income in proof of funds in EE profile. Is it correct or Do I need to modify it ? I would appreciate response.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since theres no fund requirement for CEC, you just enter the amount you can prove you have in your account.

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
Thanks for response, When i was filling that, they provide link to LICO table which is according to annual income. And also the balance after deducting the credit and everything, it will not be much
In that case, LICO table value or low balance in bank account , will it make any affect on EE application?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Maplemadness82 said:
Yes..fully paid with ADP pay stubs to prove.
Its about 5 weeks of work from remote + 3 weeks of vacation.

At the outset, if i get invited and apply without meeting the period, he will reject it. And, I do not want to go through the hassle of appealing and other BS plus mainly I do not have an employer who would support me by providing me all the extra docs that are needed.. all this BS for couple of weeks of wait time..I'd rather wait.. and try only after fully meeting the 52 wk period.
Did you excluded statury holidays , weekends, sick leaves etc?

I guess you can be cautious to a particular point only....