11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
MridulSharma said:
Has anyone used lawyers for PR process ? What do they say about the delay in processing CEC-2014 applicants ? They have inside information
I use a lawyer for both PR and BOWP, Lawyers cant push or instruct CIC on their policies, they have the same answer that CIC did not think enough and implemented EE and forgot the Old CEC applications prior to it for a Year, finally they've started looking at Old CEC applicants, so things must move, Also the Timelines for PR under EE is fixed 6-8 months so they are under pressure to do it but for Old CEC they can increase it whenever they want. Lawyers cant fight unless Govt of Canada questions CIC for their irresponsibility.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
goalkb said:
It is already published in news, the CIC officials already said it is in their due course.

Action point dicussed
They have goals to process all the backlog applications in 6 months from 1 Dec 2015. (But the timeline is not a mandate)
They have explained the situation beacause of this delay only they introduced express entry and they plan to have process paralle (CIC old application and EE application side by side)

Reason explained
It is also explained by some callc entre agents that due to bulk applications from July to October the CAP filled and taking much time for Criminality check.
Actual Reason d
We old applications are least priority politically thats it. :-X
Thanks for sharing it. Is there any link to the news you were referring to ?

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
MridulSharma said:
Actually there is but I dont have it right now. But I am sure I read the exact statements.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
canadacec1234 said:
Actually there is but I dont have it right now. But I am sure I read the exact statements.
May be you are right. Now the official processing times for CEC-EE (after Jan/1/2015) is 15 months. CEC (before Jan/1/2015) is 17 months. Please check CIC website for processing times ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/ )

Folks, contemplating to apply under CEC-EE along with old CEC abort and save atleast 1500$

neevan

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
That's completely a blind mistake made by CIC. If you look at the Work permit processing times, they have mentioned that they are working on applications received on Jan 21-2016.

Isn't crazy :p CIC started to make mistakes, hopefully then don't continue on our applications.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
neevan said:
That's completely a blind mistake made by CIC. If you look at the Work permit processing times, they have mentioned that they are working on applications received on Jan 21-2016.

Isn't crazy :p CIC started to make mistakes, hopefully then don't continue on our applications.
Because of LMIA and stringent rules, there are hardly any work-permit applications these days unless they are open work-permit. No company is willing to wait 1 yr for LMIA process. I wont be surprised if they are working on Jan/21 work-permit applicants.

We can callup CIC call centre and ask CEC-EE processing times. If they say 15 months, we are validated.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
MridulSharma said:
Because of LMIA and stringent rules, there are hardly any work-permit applications these days unless they are open work-permit. No company is willing to wait 1 yr for LMIA process. I wont be surprised if they are working on Jan/21 work-permit applicants.

We can callup CIC call centre and ask CEC-EE processing times. If they say 15 months, we are validated.
It was changed from 15 back to 6, it was an error.

roy20

Jan 23, 2016
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. This is a really great forum which I came across after I started searching because of the delay in the processing of our old CEC application.

I am an October 2014 applicant and need a suggestion regarding upfront medical.

Would it be a good idea to do upfront medical to save some time? I am asking this as they say that we shouldn't send anything unless asked for.

I hope everyone's file would be cleared soon.
Thanks for any help :)

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
MridulSharma said:
Hey sorry I missed your comment.

Yes. Read 6th paragraph, where CIC provided an official statement.

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/slider/frustration-abounds-for-immigrants-stuck-in-backlog

sachinpatel.o1

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
12-04-2016
Interview........
RPRF Requested/Paid on 27-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
roy20 said:
Hi guys, I am new to the forum. This is a really great forum which I came across after I started searching because of the delay in the processing of our old CEC application.

I am an October 2014 applicant and need a suggestion regarding upfront medical.

Would it be a good idea to do upfront medical to save some time? I am asking this as they say that we shouldn't send anything unless asked for.

I hope everyone's file would be cleared soon.
Thanks for any help :)

I suggest you to wait for CEC to send you MR. There is not point in getting Upfront Meds done because it takes time for CEC to update that on your file even if they receive your Upfront Med.

sachinpatel.o1

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
12-04-2016
Interview........
RPRF Requested/Paid on 27-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Folks!!!

Honestly, I see no light for quiet a good time. My Work Permit expires in July 2016. I am sure i will have to apply for BOWP. Can i please get some advice on how and whey n to applso that i dont have to leave my job and sit home until i receive BOWP.

Frove m what i habeen reading on this forum i understand that we can only apply a month prior to the date of expiration but with the processing time is it a good ida eto approach CIC a few month early for BOWP so that I dont lose my job?

If i lose my job over a stupid BOWP because of CIC F*** Up i am suing their A** out. *No Kidding*

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
Has anyone else in this group here received another medical request. I am Sep 29 applicant; received at CIC on Oct 03;AOR received in Feb 2015

I got MR for my spouse last week(this was after her first submitted Medicals expired on Jan 21 2016; she's in Canada with me here) and got an email from CIC today saying that the results have been received. Does this count as movement on my application ?

heroforest

Apr 30, 2015
sachinpatel.o1 said:
Folks!!!

Honestly, I see no light for quiet a good time. My Work Permit expires in July 2016. I am sure i will have to apply for BOWP. Can i please get some advice on how and whey n to applso that i dont have to leave my job and sit home until i receive BOWP.

Frove m what i habeen reading on this forum i understand that we can only apply a month prior to the date of expiration but with the processing time is it a good ida eto approach CIC a few month early for BOWP so that I dont lose my job?

If i lose my job over a stupid BOWP because of CIC F*** Up i am suing their A** out. *No Kidding*
What do you mean you can only apply a month prior to the date of expire. You can apply anytime within four moths before your WP expire

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
kamatmahesh said:
Has anyone else in this group here received another medical request. I am Sep 29 applicant; received at CIC on Oct 03;AOR received in Feb 2015

I got MR for my spouse last week(this was after her first submitted Medicals expired on Jan 21 2016; she's in Canada with me here) and got an email from CIC today saying that the results have been received. Does this count as movement on my application ?
Anyone ?

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
No I don't think so, my application has been updated for nearly a year with upfront medical and no movement. Just have to be patient.