+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC October 2014 Applicants

kamatmahesh

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Toronto
CIC just dropped another money making bomb on me this morning. ***Teeth clenching***

I added my spouse to the PR application around June 2015 and now they have asked me to do her Medicals again stating that her Medicals results done for her Spousal open work permit from Jan 2015 have expired and to keep the application in contention they need updated results . The email says to respond back with results to Delhi MC reassessment ; my question is has anyone been in this situation and do you need to inform CIC on their email address with the UMI number ( I did the same way when I did my upfront medical exams )

Please advise -

Cheers
Mahesh

Kota1978

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney,Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2015
Med's Request
24-Feb-2016
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2016
Interview........
RPRF email on Mar-03-2016, paid same day.
Passport Req..
14-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-May-2016
LANDED..........
15-May-2016--Yipee!!!!
cecpet said:
I dont know how much I can be correct, but this is just an idea coming in my mind for all october applicants.
Really as the speed of CIC is going for issuing medicals and RPRF request. If those who have IELTS valid and some how they can manage their certificates to submit again should try to apply in EE if they receiving ITA. I know it will take another may be $1500 max but its really good option. Dont know when they will reach properly to October applicants and finalize it.
I am July applicant I will apply if I dont need to give another IELTS test and as they already crossed July applications hopefully In Sha ALLAH I can hear something good.

I know no one need my advice as everyone is more intelligent than me. but its just a brother advice to you guys.

May Almighty GOD give all of us good news for PPR.
IELTS are valid for 2 years..

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Kota1978 said:
Yes thats what I said if you have IELTS valid or if can do another IELTS and gather the document, its good to apply in EE it will waste another $1500 to 2000 may be. But you might get PR before CEC old app.
Because right now they are working on August Applications and issuing just Medicals not even RPRF to some applicants, so then they will start sept then oct. And dont know when the PPR trend will start for OCT applications.

But truly speaking even I dont for myself I am July applicant, because CIC is unpredictable.

This is only my opinion, and my opinion is based on their speed right now.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cecpet said:
Yes thats what I said if you have IELTS valid or if can do another IELTS and gather the document, its good to apply in EE it will waste another $1500 to 2000 may be. But you might get PR before CEC old app.
Because right now they are working on August Applications and issuing just Medicals not even RPRF to some applicants, so then they will start sept then oct. And dont know when the PPR trend will start for OCT applications.

But truly speaking even I dont for myself I am July applicant, because CIC is unpredictable.

This is only my opinion, and my opinion is based on their speed right now.
but the only concern is - can you have two applications under the same stream (in this case CEC) ?

i understand someone here already got approved under CEC EE, but we do not have any reference. once we have something that we can refer to, EE is good. but i would not want to apply in EE and get them to withdraw the old app just because you cannot have two different applications under the same stream (CEC).

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Pearl1 said:
but the only concern is - can you have two applications under the same stream (in this case CEC) ?

i understand someone here already got approved under CEC EE, but we do not have any reference. once we have something that we can refer to, EE is good. but i would not want to apply in EE and get them to withdraw the old app just because you cannot have two different applications under the same stream (CEC).
When you ask CIC rep, whether it makes sense to re-apply under EE-CEC - they say the probability of getting PR faster under old system is high than EE-CEC at this stage. For those who have to give IELTS, get Police certs, Meds is a 2 month process by itself and it is going to take 5 month from that point. Considering we are feb, the probability of getting PR by Sept-2016 is high. As of now it is 17 months from the date of AOR. Oct applicants received AOR in Feb-2015. With the current schedule CIC should finish old CEC by July/Aug-2016 - my take. It would have been prudent had we applied under EE mid last year.

sonny_saa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Pearl1 said:

I am an Oct 6th applicant under old cec and I applied & got AOR for EE CEC in Nov 2015.

It's fine to apply under ee but at this stage I won't recommend it as Aug people have started receiving MR's so I'd expect to get PR under the old system by the fourth quarter of this year at the latest

amer88

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
August applicants are getting medical requests. lot of them received an email today (Jan 20th/2016). it's getting closer hopefully. I wouldn't apply under EE if I were you guys, just be patient. it will take around 6 months to get it processed. I guess withing 6 months the old CEC applications will be processed. don't waste your time and money. if your BOWP is expiring soon wait till the last month then apply for a new one, that will give you at least 3-4 months.

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
sonny_saa said:
I am an Oct 6th applicant under old cec and I applied & got AOR for EE CEC in Nov 2015.

It's fine to apply under ee but at this stage I won't recommend it as Aug people have started receiving MR's so I'd expect to get PR under the old system by the fourth quarter of this year at the latest
Has anyone used lawyers for PR process ? What do they say about the delay in processing CEC-2014 applicants ? They have inside information

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
MridulSharma said:
Has anyone used lawyers for PR process ? What do they say about the delay in processing CEC-2014 applicants ? They have inside information
It is already published in news, the CIC officials already said it is in their due course.

Action point dicussed
They have goals to process all the backlog applications in 6 months from 1 Dec 2015. (But the timeline is not a mandate)
They have explained the situation beacause of this delay only they introduced express entry and they plan to have process paralle (CIC old application and EE application side by side)

Reason explained
It is also explained by some callc entre agents that due to bulk applications from July to October the CAP filled and taking much time for Criminality check.
Actual Reason d
We old applications are least priority politically thats it. :-X

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Kota1978 said:
Because it's entirety possible I could forget how to speak English after two years.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Pearl1 said:

I got COPR through EE-CEC in less than 4 months.

No problem with 2 applications because Tham are processed separately, it's the same CEC but different process.

Nobody knows how long will take for September and October 2014 applicants, EE could be a option for some of you.

Persuasive for August 2014 is better wait but I don't know if after MR they will get PR in 4-6 months.

(My timeline is on the left side)

jfes2015

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
goalkb said:
It is already published in news, the CIC officials already said it is in their due course.

Action point dicussed
They have goals to process all the backlog applications in 6 months from 1 Dec 2015. (But the timeline is not a mandate)
They have explained the situation beacause of this delay only they introduced express entry and they plan to have process paralle (CIC old application and EE application side by side)

Reason explained
It is also explained by some callc entre agents that due to bulk applications from July to October the CAP filled and taking much time for Criminality check.
Actual Reason d

Where did you see this?
We old applications are least priority politically thats it. :-X

Mananas

Jul 29, 2015
Hi All,

I am an October 2014 CEC applicant.
I just had a word with Immigration representative, Ben asking him reason for delay and when can I expect an update from them.
He informed that my 17 months will end in March 2016. He also confirmed 17 months are from the date they received our application and not AOR. Also when I asked him why some of my friends haven't receive an update yet, he informed you cannot compare your application with others.
Thanks,

M

sachinpatel.o1

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
09-04-2016
Med's Done....
12-04-2016
Interview........
RPRF Requested/Paid on 27-04-2016
Passport Req..
09-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just received ATIP-AIPRP few minutes back.

I am Oct 2014 applicant.

Its says Criminality screening by RCMP is in progress. My file was last updated on 25th Feb 2015. It has not been touched since.

Just wanted to update you guys!!!!